It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for that insight. Forgot about that for a minute.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
army secures museum www.reuters.com... r

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Stream back up!!!!
edit on 28-1-2011 by myra017 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Hope the US doesn't get too involved by supporting the dictating government there. It will only create "blowback" and produce anti US groups in Egypt.

History has shown our involvement in the Middle East usually creates terrorism. Let's not make the same mistake in Egypt.

already begun... heard the claims that the 'tear gas cans' had "MADE IN U.S.A" on them??

yea, it's no news that U's helped Mubarak with both money and weapons.....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

www.cnn.com...

Someone earlier in this thread or the other thread... that this is Egyptian television when CNN is not broadcasting. This is called Nile TV.

English Al Jeezera is not streaming.
edit on 28-1-2011 by angelwrangler because: Update my info

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

The 'government' does not care what people say so much in any democracy, or a democratic republic, but look instead for intentions that might lead to actions against it. It has been said that if a government becomes destructive of the rights of individuals that it is the right and the duty of the citizens to replace that government. Conflict always comes when those who represent and support any government, who think that they are doing what is right, come up against another group who think that they are being wronged by those who think they are doing right! However, in the unfolding situation its not a matter of who's right or who's wrong, but rather who is going to survive in the long run because the resources are rapidly running out to fuel the economy. Unfortunately, with the sciences and technologies of weaponry developed to the point they are now, it may be that there will be few left, if anyone, in the end.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
Do counterterror units use snipers to pick off the more aggressive protestors?

Yes. The training I went through involved such procedures.

They look for whoever is instigating or leading the crowds.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
awesome live coverage here english.aljazeera.net...
2nd line

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

Now it is...thanks much...maybe it was me or my router.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The military has apparently been ordered to protect the people according to Al Jazeera.

If this is true, the military has more or less sided with the protestors and the current regime finished.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your post made me think of a dream I had recently where such a 'Muslim Brotherhood' gained control of a previously West-allied nation state. All the Western Elite that were living in the country were rounded up and savagely murdered by hate-spewing fundamentalist jihadis - they were dressed like the Moors whom the British Crusaders went to war against in the Middle Ages.

It was bizarre to see so many of the powerful Elite being so scared of what might happen to them (they were caught off guard and unprepared for the attack). I remember being confused at own reaction; sympathy and support towards these aristocratic Westerners I'd previously considered fascist and dictatorial/ running conspiracies 'left, right & centre'. What clinched it was the 'death camps' they'd created; rough-shod execution cages, where even women and children were being massacred daily.

In the dream I became part of an uprising to remove the murdering b'stards stranglehold on the nation.

I just remembered that in the dream, these fundamentalist murderers (please don't think I'm anti-Muslim, I'm not) arrived in the nation via TUNNELS. Now I think about it, isn't there a tunnel from Palestine to Egypt? That's frickin' scary.

Some of my dreams have proven prophetic in the past; I hope not this one. It was terrible - I was soaked in the blood of those being executed at one point; hideous...

edit on 28-1-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the protesters are dancing ontop of the tanks lmao!
wtf.. there just cruising with the tanks , dancing!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Must watch...

Orchestrated Storms: US sending waves through Yemen, Egypt, Tunisia?
www.youtube.com...

However it's instigated, this is clearly a popular movement.
I am always suspicious of foreign involvement in any event like this. It is highly concerning when terrorism is involved (we've all seen state-sponsored terrorism on a massive scale). But when foreign involvement just encourages people to act on what they want anyway, I am less worried or critical.

If the people didn't want progress, they wouldn't be risking their lives in such large numbers, no matter how much a foreign government tried to force it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Business Elite are said to have taken private jets out of the country.

There are rumors that Mubarak himself may have fled the country.
edit on 28/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: i

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

That's what it looks like ... time will tell all

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So I watched Hilary Clinton ask the peoples of both the government and its citizenry to restrain themselves from violence....

I wondered how much restraint Clinton or any other US politician would call for upon the government if their offices were suddenly under siege by the public?

I can only see the hypocrisy of our supposed elected leaders boil forth each and every day. Who are they to ask the Egyptian people to do anything? Are they themselves scared of what the consequences will be once the American public finally awakens?

These protests need to happen on a world wide scale, and we need to replace our leaders with actual people who care. Instead of some puppet government controlled by the corporate masses and interests - we need people who would govern us for our best interests.

I am 38 years old, and I have hope that in my lifetime the government will actually work for the people and be by the people once again – instead of feeding corporate and financial greed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wish the peoples of Egypt luck. If the world powers are true to their stated beliefs, they will allow and support the overthrowing of a 3 decade long regime. For too long has America claimed to bring about Democracy while in fact causing more terror, whether through Banana Republics, Saddam Hussein, or Osama Bin Laden himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
on that stream they just showed people protesting at the white house! yelling obama make up your mind

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well folks that teaches us one thing: that even though internet and cell phones are very good organizing tools, they should not be relied upon too much.

They are not enough grassroots to survive a shutdown by the State. But good old HAM radio communication still has its edge!

War is in the streets still... today, rioters raided the main police station in Suez and freed the prisoners. Now the army is siding with the people... the government's grasp is about to end.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The elephant in the room is that Tunisia dismantled their government and now everyone wants to follow...is this correct? The US is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Americans have sent a clear message to the President. We want to isolate from the world as much as we can until we get our jobs and our way of life back. We want American industry up and running again, we want our military to come back home so we can give them a break and we want jobs and college for them when they do.

Just finished watching Gibbs dance around with the foreign correspondents, some of your correspondents and now they are upset that our President is not MORE involved in the situation. Well, we want for the Egyptian people want they want for themselves.

Seriously, we do not want President Obama to call NATO or President Mubarak or anything...EGYPT IS NOT OUR COUNTRY. So what do I hear and see next, CNN's correspondent to Egypt upset that we were not compassionate enough towards the Egyptian people. So hear is a shout out from between the rock and the hard spot...if you do not want us around we will take our foreign aid and go home. We need the money.

We are done with anti-American rhetoric with the "Where's my money?" diplomacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join