It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strongest Ever Nuke Warhead in Russian Hands (video) (27 Jan 2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Russia's armed forces now reportedly have a brand new nuclear warhead at their disposal. It doesn't violate any part of the recently signed arms reduction treaty with the US. And the designer says it will be able to beat any current missile defence system ... and any other being built. RT's Ivor Bennett takes a look.

Cold War is OVER huh?

The world's looking brighter every day.

Just a thought:

If the Russia Airport bombing was carried out by Israel (for merely recognising Palestine), then the timing of this annoucement - is significant.

It's a coded warning - to Israel at a guess - bomb us, and we can break through your defences, and whatever you've got - won't stop us.

edit on 27-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thats just a scary idea 11000km range and thats just the start off it what are they planing on doing.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmmmm, I don't see anything really wrong with this. Its all about perspective. We're think right know "oh the Russians are creating better weapons, we should better them, and we shall prevail".

When that happens, switching the POV, the Russians will say "Comrades, sarcastically of course, our western friend have gotten better, we should better them"

Then this viscous circle starts appearing

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmetalgear
Thats just a scary idea 11000km range and thats just the start off it what are they planing on doing.

That's just the info they decided to release on this new warhead.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
lovely.....

ties in nicely with the UK destroying £4.1 billion of new Nimrod's.

Nimrods and the highly trained Nimrod staff covered maritime, Afghanistan, terrorist and other reconnaisance missions.

There allegedly isn't anything in it's place yet!

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 27-1-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's not the warhead that's exceptional here but the delivery system.
It apparently would have the capability to defeat every defense system ever devised.

This in no way makes it any less something to worry about, though.
Looks like our Russian friends are attempting to coerce us, rather forcefully into collaboration.
What strange times we live in...

"Look mang, we want in on this missile defense deal you've got going, check out our tech, you know you want it..."

edit on 27-1-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

The New Tsar Bomb?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by noobsauce13

And with all the recent talk about deep defense cuts, who do you think profits the most from the release of this information?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by laterallateral

Yeah, but I thought they had stopped it.

Non-proliferation treaty of nuclear weapons never worked.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
excellent. now if the shtf, theres no stopping it. i've always loved russians and now i know why i do. they are going to hand my wish for doom on a silver platter.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
looks like the Russians are coming on in the world guess ill be building my shelter soon

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

and the Chinese.....funny how the ''we aren't communist any more'' nations have risen since the oh so clever West has let it's guard down!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
what's scary is when russia unveils it's version of a 5th generation stealth fighter like the f-22 or the f-35.
you don't even hear whimpers of what russia is up to in that category of defence.

look up youtube videos of russia's 100 megaton tsar bomba, the largest nuclear device ever exploded.

if this thing is more powerful and deadly than that, then the world is in trouble.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

presumably when missiles and nukes are being upped, air defence would be too.

Sounds probable that there are either 5th gen stealth or they're working on it!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
lol, the US is a 1000 years into the future with its weapon technology. the russians as usual are just grand standing for affect.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
How do they know it will be able to beat any current missile defense system or any being built over the next 40 years?
Sounds like bull to me. Besides we have enough to kill everything anyhow as I would think they do as well.
And will it actually fly or just be another pretty spiral in the sky?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Impressive.. We need freakin' lazerbeams!!!

Is it better than the X-51 Hypersonic Cruise Missile? Or is it just further along in production?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So it doesn't violate an already laughable weapons reduction treaty.. even though it's the most powerful nuclear bomb that could devastate cities and change life as we know it on this planet. Mind. has blown.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
look up youtube videos of russia's 100 megaton tsar bomba, the largest nuclear device ever exploded.

Just to clarify, the Tsar Bomba was developed as a 100MT, but was dialed down to 50MT - en.wikipedia.org...

Some others give a figure of 57MT. So the videos on YT are not of a 100MT bomb. This new missile delivery system is supposed to have 10 warheads - so I highly doubt they will each have a 50MT yield. I may be wrong in that assumption, but I don't think it makes strategic sense.

The headline should read something like "most sophisticated" and not "Strongest" as it muddies the water. (That's not the OP's fault - ATS rules).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You should look up Sukhoi T-50.
Try youtube for it. It flys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join