It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time is NOW. Fight Oppression and Tyranny.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Like a breath of fresh air for the mind, there could be no better message to begin the day with

But let's not forget, the best place to effect any change on our society is with ourselves, only then could we possibly have the hope of effectively creating change in the world around us.

I have to say thought, while ideas such as this are not new, they are certaintly not late. I know too many people who feel a change is welcome, which makes me smile, because i know that is how real changes begin.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
so do we grab the pickets and head to the capital building?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

So you know this from experience eh? That once you join the military, they brainwash you and make you commit crimes?

I am willing to bet you have no military service under your belt, because the statements in your post and your edit are false.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It sounds like we are ready for the abundance paradigm... And a new socio-political party:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sure that what happened in Tunisia, and what is happening right now in Egypt and Jordania, give some hopes on how people can wake up and make some significant changes in their country. And it seems that it is just the beginning.

Like the famous Z. Brzezinski (Major U.S. National Security Advisor) writed in the NewYork Times some times ago : The global political awakening

For the first time in human history almost all of humanity is politically activated, politically conscious and politically interactive...
That awakening is socially massive and politically radicalizing... The nearly universal access to radio, television and increasingly the Internet is creating a community of shared perceptions and envy that can be galvanized and channeled by demagogic political or religious passions. These energies transcend sovereign borders and pose a challenge both to existing states as well as to the existing global hierarchy, on top of which America still perches...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_ZomarIf you are thinking about joining the US Military... think twice.

Why? You scared? It is not a profession for the weak of heart or mind.

Originally posted by The_ZomarYour government doesn't care about you. More military veterans involved in this "war on terrorism" have committed suicide than have actually been killed by terrorism.

The military has spent more on preventive medicine in the field of Psychology and the treatment of PTSD in the last year than in any other. Perhaps it is the kids who are prosecuting the war who are soft having grown-up in schools where competition was discouraged and underachievement was rewarded that is at fault rather than the wars themselves?

Originally posted by The_ZomarThere was a time when serving in the military was honorable. I now have more respect than the local burglar I'm afraid. There is no such thing as "Supporting the soldiers, but not the war." without soldiers there is no war.

Then you are in the minority because every year there is a poll that asks about the most ethical and ptrusted professions. Usually military service in general is up towards the top and military officers – you know the ones who lead the troops has been in the top 10 most respected professions for as long as I can remember.

Here is the latest one. Military Officers are number two right behind nurses as ethical and trustworthy in the eyes of the public. People trust the military officers to do teh right thing. We know what that is and there is a tipping point but we have not reached it yet. Until that happens we would be in violation of our oaths to take action.

Gallup Poll

Originally posted by The_ZomarEdit to add: I guess I really should say joining the military in general doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad person. But the thing is once you are in the military you are forced to commit crimes. You are brainwashed until you LIKE to murder and rape. You may have good intentions, but those in control have turned the military into corrupt monsters. Don't EVER support the military until all they do is peacefully protect our borders!

I served for 24 years and never received an unlawful order to commit murder or rape. This is a slanderous lie. Please tell us about your first hand experiances in a war zone; I am curious if you have recieved such an order who gave it and did you carry it out? If so you are just as culpable...

Originally posted by The_ZomarI hope that this recent trend of corrupt governments being toppled by oppressed people doesn't stop. I hope it only grows in force until the whole world joins hands in a fight against those in power. They have shown they do not care about the people, so we must care about ourselves.

I think you will find should your government become truly corrupt and oppressive (and we may be nearing that point I agree) the majority of the military will be on the side of the people.

See: Oath Keepers

edit on 28/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
The time was 5 years ago...

2nd...

probably more like 10 years ago 9/11 but now is also good!

V for vrijheid (freedom) & victoire! (victory)
edit on 28-1-2011 by white_raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Revolution has began

Tunisia defeated in a few days (no army can acheive that so fast)
Egypt a imminent victory

People now know they have the power .. and it has worked twice in less then a month

the population around the world will celebrate their independance from corrupted system
they have no more FEAR

V for victory indeed

edit on 1/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
so do we grab the pickets and head to the capital building?

No lets sit back and watch Egypt for now, lots to learn, great thing happening there in my opinion as i have heard of no reports of violence, kinda wish i could i imagine an image like that here in America one day...
but unfortunately i know there are small elements in American society that seem to only want violence, and too many who would choose violence a right of self defence....
when you fight fire with fire, you burn everything

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I can't help but notice the negativity in some peoples posts around here. This is starting to become a casual theme for ATS. I say be GONE with hostility and negativity towards your fellow human. Just because someone's opinion or preference differs from your own, do NOT shun them for it. We must work hard to come together as the human race.

Fighting amongst ourselves is a thing of the PAST. People realize they can achieve nothing if they are always fighting each other. Keep in mind, that pesky neighbor that always steals your newspaper in the morning? They are your family. That guy you argue with about weather or not joining the military is a good idea? He is your brother. Family doesn't always agree on everything, but they are supposed to respect and care for one another. It's time to come together and look past the petty differences. The small things that truly do not matter should be forgotten about. Forget about religion, forget about military. Forget about all the social programming the powers that were tried to induce onto everyone. With every day that passes more and more people are opening their eyes to see the world for what it is. What our Earth is, is HOME to millions of people. We share this planet with one another, because that's what families do. We ALL live under the sky next to one another. It is time to stop the old ways of bickering and fighting over things that do not matter. We must work together to achieve our goals. You aren't just 'one person'. You're my family, so that makes at least two of us. I am here for my brothers and sisters that live together on this planet. I have made changes within myself to accept all of those on this planet and I ask that everyone follow the example. Tolerance and acceptance will pave the way to a better tomorrow. Without these things we are weak. Without loving your fellow human there is no purpose to our being here. Us humans are here to love each other and our home. We're here to protect this world from the horrors that are out there. The powers that were thought they could keep all of us down, but they can't. We refuse to be denied our freedoms. We refuse to be oppressed by tyranny. It is time to get off your couches and put your feet down. Tell them, NO MORE of your tricks and lies. No more destroying the people. They say the American dream is the pursuit of happiness. I say this is EVERYONE'S dream. Whom doesn't wish to be happy in their everyday lives? I say it isn't an American dream. It's a Earth dream. We, the people of this planet, we have the power to make this dream a reality. So greet your brothers and sisters when you see them, from the Middle East, to Asia, back around the world to everyone in the West. We are all one family, We are all unbeatable. When we stand together we create a force that is unable to be broken, unable to be beaten down. There is a shift in global thinking on the horizon and it is already spilling over into everyday life. Allow these examples to give you strength, your brothers and sisters fight corruption for a better tomorrow. It is high time that we stood by them, shoulder to shoulder we refuse to be beaten. The next time you are walking or driving and you see someone being harmed, see someone without a home, begging for change, remember this person is your family. How can we sit there and watch comfortably while our brothers and sisters suffer so much? Well no longer will we sit. NO LONGER will I be a part of a broken system. It is time to stand a fight. Time to give strength and hope to our children and their children. If we don't solve the problems of division, that just leaves our kids and the next generation in a worse hole than what we are living in now. So Stand up for you. STAND UP for your fellow human. Stand up for the future of your children, for all our children. The apathy can stop with us, we don't have to pass it on to the next generation. We don't have to hold onto it now. The tables are turning and the powers that were are running scared. Even they will know, they are my brothers and sisters and I cannot allow them to harm their own kind any longer. We are all human, we are all wanting a better place. Let us come together as one, so that we may show the entire world that peace is more powerful than war. Chose life over death. It's up to us to make the changes necessary. It is up to all of you, weather you want peace or war. Lay down your guns and hug your wounded brothers, for we are no longer enemies, nor do we fight our brothers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Been a few days....Unfortunately as time has progressed the protesters Egypt had been confronted by a side with oppsong views...and it turned ugly, while i have to point out that violence is no longer a viable means for resolving conflicting issues, it is easier to say than to do....

Imagine now this taking place in the United Sates, with so many "factions" encompassing so many ideas it is hard to imagine even a simple (loosely used term) two sided confrontation here in the states.

While i do feel that the fight against oppression and tyranny are ongoing struggles, i would wish that we here in the U.S. could resolve(or maybe just set aside) our own pension for aggresion, before resorting to any kind of "fight" for what we beleive in.

Violent opposition is what got us into the situation we are in now and it will only make matters worse and continue the cycle of violence, we must find a way to end that cycle (globally and locally) if we have true hopes of succeeding and carrying hope and liberty and happiness into the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join