It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Shooting Leaves 1 dead, 2 Schools on Lockdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Phoenix Shooting Leaves 1 dead, 2 Schools on Lockdown

www.azcentral.com

One man is dead from an apparent gunshot wound after a shooting near 91st Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix on Thursday afternoon, authorities said.

A man was sitting in the driveway of an abandoned house just before 1:30 p.m. when a maroon car approached with at least two men inside, said Tommy Thompson of the Phoenix Police Department.

An altercation between the men erupted into gunfire, police said. The men in the car and the man in the driveway, who ran several blocks, fired at one another.

A man inside the car was shot and killed. His body was pushed out of the car and o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
At first I thought it was happening at a school, thank goodness it was not on the school building, just in proximity.

With all the questions of gun control, in Arizona specifically following the JLL shooting, I thought I would bring this to the forums. I am not in favor of increased gun control, but this might be weighing heavy on the minds of the Arizona residents and legistators, especially in regards to 2nd Amendment rights.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The administration was called by the Phoenix Police Department just after 1:30 p.m. and was told to go into lockdown procedures, said David Hume, director of communication for the Pendergast Elementary School District. There are as many as 1,200 students on the campuses

No word on whether the schools have been released from lockdown yet.

edit on 27-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: bbcode

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

All I have to say is that there are too many guns in this country owned by people who have no business with one.
No wonder the politicians want to get rid of them (but to expect criminals to give them up is as realistic as BHO resigning because he found his birth certificate and it had "Coastal Provincial Hospital, Mombasa, Kenya" on it).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

All I have to say is that there are too many guns in this country owned by people who have no business with one.
No wonder the politicians want to get rid of them (but to expect criminals to give them up is as realistic as BHO resigning because he found his birth certificate and it had "Coastal Provincial Hospital, Mombasa, Kenya" on it).

No amount of gun laws would stop most crimes..

Criminals will ALWAYS have guns..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
No amount of gun laws would stop most crimes..

Criminals will ALWAYS have guns..

That is the fallacy of gun control. You take the legal guns off the streets and out of the people's homes, all that is left are the illegal guns in the hands of criminals.

Enforce the laws that are on the books currently and gun owners would become more responsible, whether of not they are owned legally.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Probably just a couple of loser druggies who had a disagreement about who owed who money, so one of the idiots pulled out a piece and fired.

Stupidity would have killed these guys sooner or later even without guns.

So guns were not the issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Probably just a couple of loser druggies who had a disagreement about who owed who money, so one of the idiots pulled out a piece and fired.

Star...And even if ALL guns were banned, I'd guess guys like these would still have them anyway..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Star...And even if ALL guns were banned, I'd guess guys like these would still have them anyway..

Too true.

Im really curious as to why Arizona has been so highlighted recently. I mean before Giffords even. I live in the murder capital of the US and we hardly get any press for the insanity.. but they jump all over Arizona every time any thug pulls a gun. Look at Chicago for Gods sake. It really seems like to me.. wearing the tinfoil now.. that since Arizona has been critical of Obama concerning several things that they are being unjustly put under a microscope. Maybe

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Too true.

Im really curious as to why Arizona has been so highlighted recently. I mean before Giffords even. I live in the murder capital of the US and we hardly get any press for the insanity.. but they jump all over Arizona every time any thug pulls a gun. Look at Chicago for Gods sake. It really seems like to me.. wearing the tinfoil now..

that since Arizona has been critical of Obama concerning several things that they are being unjustly put under a microscope.
Maybe

Your so very Correct in your statement and I put in quotes:

that since Arizona has been critical of Obama concerning several things that they are being unjustly put under a microscope.

I know you've been following the news and other threads, you've seen that Arizona has been trying to bring change and transparency to or Government. Like the 14th Amendment, you know both parents are illegal but now you're an American Citizen because she had you in America and showing a proper form of Identification to be considered for the POTUS, how about just trying to manage our own borders,,, The present powers in control there in Washington D.C. don't like the fact, Arizona and a few other states are asking questions and trying to get things changed for the good of all concerned.
edit to add: S & F for the thread
edit on 27-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I figured it all started with the border and illegal problem. How dare they speak out about it and demand that federal laws be enforced..KWIM?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion that the state of Arizona will be seeing alot of headlines in the next 2 years. It may not be a battleground state electorally, but it certainly is becomig one politically.

SkepticOverlord for governor in 2012? (or whenever the next election is?)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Your right, its been Arizona this and Arizona that lately. You just might have something there - trying to put them in a bad light

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord for governor in 2012? (or whenever the next election is?)

Ahh, I know more about Obama than SO and that aint much...
Though I have nothing against SO..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by guohua

I figured it all started with the border and illegal problem. How dare they speak out about it and demand that federal laws be enforced..KWIM?

It is odd that Arizona is being attacked merely for wanting already in place laws enforced..
That's with illegal imigrants and presidential candidates elegibility..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Here in Europe a couple of loser druggies who had a disagreement about who owed who money usually finishing with fight and couple of sutures

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
How much you wanna bet illegal immigrant drug smugglers were involved...go figure

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Here in Europe a couple of loser druggies who had a disagreement about who owed who money usually finishing with fight and couple of sutures

So in Europe its the same, stupidity will kill these guys sooner or later, its not about the guns.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well untill more information is brought to light then this could be a perfect example of why guns should NOT be controlled.
As for all we know the guy sitting in his driveway could have been a completly innocent citizen defending himself from two criminals in the car.

The only facts we have are:
"An altercation between the men erupted into gunfire,"
"A man inside the car was shot and killed."
"One man was taken into custody, but police were unclear on his connection to the shooting"

The article does not say anything about whether everyone involved were criminals or not just that everyone involved had guns

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

exactly, this sounds gang related
and is no different than any other
day where drive-by's happen rather
frequently.

No I wonder how many of those guns
involved in this crime were purchased
legally or carried legally or even
legally owned ????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>