It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are ATSers preparing for 2012 or other disasters?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I was just curios how all my fellow conspiracy nuts or debunkers are preparing for all the end of the world scenarios that are constantly being batted around on here.

I mean... surely some of you are preparing... Surely all these threads on the myriad of possible scenarios has you doing something... even if it's just buying a baseball bat for the inevitable zombie apocalypse!

Let's hear how and why...

And if your not, I'd like to hear from you too. Do you think there is no need? The world will go on as it always has?

The floor is yours... until the zombies attack...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I intend to watch for the opportunity to buy valuables that others will sell, since "the world is about to end."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
I intend to watch for the opportunity to buy valuables that others will sell, since "the world is about to end."

I will be selling my valuables for extremely cheap...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My only preparation for 2012 is stocking my drinks cabinet to unprecedented levels ready for new years eve and baking a huge batch of humble pie to hand around the forum when it passes off without incident

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Join freemasonry / go to South America / skydive / white water rafting / buy lots of guns / just live life!

So many things have been on my mind before I joined this site and I finally see that I am not the only "crazy" one
I know we aren't crazy, we just think outside the bun. Like any hardcore religious folk say! If nothing happens, I was wrong. If something happens directly to me/family/friends, then I am screwed!

I intend on just living life.
Doing random spontaneous things, whatever floats my boat basically

Live life as if each day were your last.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I'm planning for an extended camping trip... Getting lots of gear and dehydrated food in order.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The good news is, you won't have to prepare for anything after 2013... so throw the long term colony ideas out the window. Things are going to start getting real exciting... err... sometime. The tremors are already here.

Besides that, I'm throwing social programming out the window and trying to enjoy this slave state of America as much as possible.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've thought about preparing because it never hurts to be ready no matter what, especially since the UK seems to have a lot of flooding in recent memory but haven't done anything about it yet, mainly because I haven't got the means to right now plus my family would think I'm extremely odd and already criticise me for coming to ATS as it is.

I honestly wouldn't know what to prepare for though because my area hasn't had anything major, I'm nowhere near one of the many rivers that could potentially flood and even if they do, they won't affect many.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm starting an insurance fund. Fund members can buy up to $1 million 'end of the world' insurance for just $30 a month. Hurry, 2012 is just around the corner.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
im stocking up on awkward feelings for after december 21, 2012 in case nothing happens. cause then i'll have enough to hand out to everyone.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am doing what I always do. Keep a year of dry goods on hand. Nothing to do with 2012, but I think the dollar may collapse before then, and I do not plan on starving.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No 2012 preps.. just normal disaster preps since I live along the New Madrid and we are due for a rumble. We've done the usual.. practical food storage, storage of non gmo seeds, water, GPS locaters for hte kids ( yeah Im paranoid) and I finally learned how to shut of the gas to my hot water heater.
We made meeting plans and met with neighbors about their plans.. keeping the neighborhood strong if at all possible in the event of a disaster we survive.

People that look to their govt to save them will be dead.. or wishing they were. We all need to take responsibility for ourselves and our own families as much as we can.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifaboy

Originally posted by Truth1000

I will be selling my valuables for extremely cheap...

I will be buying his valueables for extremely cheap

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Even though I dont think anything is going to happen, I have kinda worked out a bit off a plan if anything happens that threatens life on our planet, I have mapped a location to what I belive to be a safe zone well out of the way of major industries and towns, but until I see a News Flash or serious signs of anything happening I am staying put.
I will just keep quietly planning and stocking up on non food survival gear ect, I mean it cant hurt to get these things in order and pre-planned right????????????.
Better to be safe than sorry........

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Food more food, water etc.

Regardless of 2012, if there is a quake, economic depression, floods etc... you need to be prepared, its just common sense.
I have land and river, grown my own food and have started stockpiling food, radios, batteries, medical supplies etc, got a huge list and am slowly going through it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well, I plan on sitting on my lawn, beer in hand, watching the disaster....like Vegas falling into the ocean. (see the horrible movie for THAT lil bit o' geography)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am glad ATS offers a forum like this that allows conversations between people to question things that are going on in the world. I am afraid that a lot of you might be disappointed to hear that nothing extraordinary is going to happen in the sense you might think. I believe very strongly that it will be more of a shift of awareness regarding our History and regarding our inherent Spiritual Nature. However many will not be receptive to it and therefore the change which is already starting to happen will not be seen by all.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, first of all, nothing in 2012 consistent with any "mayan prophecy" is going to happen, then or ever.

it's just not gonna happen.

it will be a typical year...with nothing even remotely resembling the "end of the world."

any prophecy is garbage, and anybody that believes this kind of crap is a blantant, raging imbecile.

p.s. the webbot is a scam

p.p.s. there is no such thing as "time travel"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
I am glad ATS offers a forum like this that allows conversations between people to question things that are going on in the world. I am afraid that a lot of you might be disappointed to hear that nothing extraordinary is going to happen in the sense you might think. I believe very strongly that it will be more of a shift of awareness regarding our History and regarding our inherent Spiritual Nature. However many will not be receptive to it and therefore the change which is already starting to happen will not be seen by all.

Welcome to ATS

I am honored you made your first post in my thread.

We work for Stars and flags here... If you like a thread click the "flag" at the top so more people will become aware of the thread. If you like a post click the "star" next to the post.

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
The world will go on as it always has?

...globally / politically - i expect more of the sos... war makes money, always has and always will cuz there'll always be youngsters who fall for the patriotic crap - blah, blah, blah...

...personally - if my mother dies this year (or she gets so bad i cant handle her), i'll be going back to work in 2012 and that sounds relaxing compared to what i'm doing...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What kind of disaster are you people thinking will happen? If there is a nuclear explosion, even after being protected somewhere, the radiation fallout would last for too many years for you to be safe. If there is some other devestating event, why would you want to live through it?

Personally, I couldn't afford to make a safe haven, nor store food for very long. I have a disabled husband and elderly Mom. Not like we could move very quickly, or have the life saving meds they would need for a long period of time. And what kind of world would you be living in after some catostrophic event anyway? I hope I'm close enough to just die quickly and not know what hit me.

I don't believe 2012 will bring about anything special.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join