It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid quake exercise & conplan 3502 marshall law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just a thought, but something may go down once Rahm Emmanuel is installed as mayor of Chicago since the higher courts put him back on the ballot. He seems pretty determined to get that gig don't you think?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Something just struck me, being a yankee, If there ever is a 7 mag quake in the New Madrid the Government could legally disarm all of the Confederate States. They would not have time to Suceed from the USA. The North would win again.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This situation with the FEMA drill has smelled from the start. Why order actual meals for a "drill". I mean I want fema to be prepared for natural disasters, it is their job after all, but it seems that every time FEMA does a drill there is a major disaster (9/11, Hati Quake). The implications of a major event at the new madrid fault go way beyond just the affected states. The flooding would ruin vast farmland, and in a situation where world officials say we are "one bad harvest away from starvation" this could be the event that brings the whole system down. Thats not even considering the economic and infrastructure damage that would ensue following such an event. Furthermore, couldn't a major event there set off major events around the globe, for example Yellowstone?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If you live in one of the states around the New Madrid fault like Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Illinois you better hope that your local post office is not slated to close.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by coolottie

That ten section map is a division of FEMA and NORTHCOM. It would ultimately only be used in a worse case scenario, e.g. Yellowstone goes, Nuclear war, a Dryas event, etc. Something so bad that state governments collapse.

The New Madrid isn't on that scale.

The New Madrid going off would completely destroy the United States as we know it now. The best case scenario is tens of millions of deaths and worldwide total financial collapse. The worst case scenario is Book of Revelations stuff.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
xcathdra if your bosses tell you your going to impose martial law will you impose it or will you stand with us ?
I HOPE you follow this guys example
www.youtube.com...
We need people like you on our side .
Thoughts ?

Ive already been asked and answered this question.. The moment the Government crosses completely over to the darkside and decides to scrap / ignore the Constitution, and my department supports that, is when my Chief will get my resignation letter.

Ok Thankyou for clariifying that , I believe you are 100 % correct too !

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I often find myself wondering about the almighty FEMA and their expensive, fancy-sounding plans, all of their money and their "emergency ops centers" in relation to their decidedly crappy response during the katrina incident.

let's face it...FEMA and everything/everyone associated with them sucked pretty horribly.

The taxpayer didn't get what they paid for, and all of these self-important little napoleons running around certainly looked silly in contrast to the pictures we saw of N.O.

edit on 28-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Here ya go...

I always take this stuff with a grain of salt because it only makes sense to create plans for disaster, whether one is imminent or not. At the same time too, these are dire days and who knows what's in store for this year.

spec
edit on 27-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

I'm forced to agree with you. We have seen by Katrina that, a certain sect of people went on a looting, raping and pillaging rampage. As Mr Anderson Cooper from from CNN stood their crying feeling sorry for these people, who in turn, were literally running behind him with stolen TV's, stereo's etc ... Cooper said they were in survival mode. HMMMM ???? Last time I tried to eat a tv or stereo, it was not very tasty. They had no inclination to help themselves, or each other. I'm sure your saying, "how could they help themselves". Easy, first, get out, second, organize and create a plan. Don't sit their and wait for someone to hold your hand ( Our Government )

Unfortunately, that's they way a lot of people are, so I see the need for a harsh disaster plan with Marshall law.
As someone who has been through a natural disaster. ( Epic flood that destroyed half my city ) Its clear their are only about 35% of individuals that take initiative to help themselves and others and get out of harms way when warned. The rest, sit around feeling sorry for themselves, blame everyone else, then hold their hand out, for compensation.

edit on 28-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

It would not remotley do anything like that. Yellowstone, yes, New Madrid no. There arn't even 10 million people living around where the epicenter would be.

Projections show around 86,000 killed or injured and $ 300 billion in damage, most of it between Memphis and St Louis.

Here read this:
Impact of New Madrid Seismic Zone Earthquakes on the Central USA, Vol. 1 and 2
www.ideals.illinois.edu...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
This situation with the FEMA drill has smelled from the start. Why order actual meals for a "drill". I mean I want fema to be prepared for natural disasters, it is their job after all, but it seems that every time FEMA does a drill there is a major disaster (9/11, Hati Quake). The implications of a major event at the new madrid fault go way beyond just the affected states. The flooding would ruin vast farmland, and in a situation where world officials say we are "one bad harvest away from starvation" this could be the event that brings the whole system down. Thats not even considering the economic and infrastructure damage that would ensue following such an event. Furthermore, couldn't a major event there set off major events around the globe, for example Yellowstone?

I'm sorry, but if you do your research, we are far from starving or loosing are ability to farm. We produce way more than we need. Alot which goes to waste do to trade sanctions. If the Madrid fault collapsed, I really doubt we would all starve. I live in the Midwest, and crops and farming look great. We will not let those in the area go without food. I still believe, in disaster time, people must step up and survive. In order to get help, you must help yourself first. I know their are people that are old or ill or whatever. I am not talking about those people. But step up and help those people as well.

I don't believe that fault line is in any danger, California will fall in long before that fault line spreads its wings. With the planet being under stress as we close out the age of Pisces, I would look west before I would worry about the east.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I wrote a book, Epoch Revelations, in 2007, about 7 astorids that hit the earth in 2354 BC. I learned that the New Madrid Fault is the only fault in the middle of a continental plate. They have dug down under to fault and found it began in 2350 +/- 5yrs so it was created by a large asteroid impact. The crater in at the top of the fault and almost unnoticed. That is the reason that it is so dangerous because it break the continental plate of North America over time. The FEMA information about this exercise says that 40 million people will be affected, that included the 7 million projected to survive, the fatalities 86,000 [ which will be the largest death toll of any disaster natural or man made] Others without electricity for months, not able to get gas and food. 40,000,000 wasn't that the number of people that WEB BOTS said would be displaced ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Nah, nothings gonna happen with no fault over there. Nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I sure hope you are right, I lived in Memphis in 2006 and a quake threw me out of the bed onto the floor. I have been in California and know it shakes all the time there. It would be the death of our economy. The Department of Homeland Security, TSA, FEMA, is destroying the economy and just more tax payers money down the drain.
The cost of all this so called security against terrorist is so not worth it. All of the terror attacks since 9/11 was stopped by citizens not any of these agencies, but people protecting each other. You can call Homeland Security after 4:00 pm and a young guy answers and says he "doesn't know who to contact and to report anything to your local police". So why the hell do we need them anyway. My whole concern with this "table top exercise" is that since the first of Jan. it has turned into looking like they are planning more for an actual event. This exercise was planned in July 2010, with no mention of 140 meals, over 100,000 gallons of gas, and 7 milliom white cotton blankets. They put the orders out for that Jan 7th and only give contractors to the 26th of Jan. to send info, and no more questions until after Feb 3. Someone brought out the fact that this is the first time in these requests that the reason for the request was ever stated. "for a catastrophic event with the New Madrid fault." In usual request like this they never give a reason.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Indiana as well - keeping close tabs on this.

Is it true everytime FEMA has a drill there is a disaster - please tell me it isn't so.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
I wrote a book, Epoch Revelations, in 2007, about 7 astorids that hit the earth in 2354 BC. I learned that the New Madrid Fault is the only fault in the middle of a continental plate. They have dug down under to fault and found it began in 2350 +/- 5yrs so it was created by a large asteroid impact. The crater in at the top of the fault and almost unnoticed. That is the reason that it is so dangerous because it break the continental plate of North America over time. The FEMA information about this exercise says that 40 million people will be affected, that included the 7 million projected to survive, the fatalities 86,000 [ which will be the largest death toll of any disaster natural or man made] Others without electricity for months, not able to get gas and food. 40,000,000 wasn't that the number of people that WEB BOTS said would be displaced ?

Where is the link to this book, So I may check your sources. An impact of that magnitude would certainly affect life and the planet as a whole, and life was doing fine at that time ..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Not so much FEMA, but 2 days before Sept. 11, NORAD, Airforce, were all in a drill about highjacked planes. Everyone says watch the animals, all the birds, all the squirrels, deer, ants have been gone completely since the end of Sept. 2010. I usually have to fill the bird feeders every 3 days in the winter. I haven't filled them and still half full since Sept. The deer and the squirrels usually have every acorn gone by Dec. 1st, the yard is full of acorns, the squirrels didn't even put up for the winter. Scientist say when the elephants and ants leave it's time for you to go. Well we don't have elephants. Oh and the dog doesn't even want to go out at all anymore. Arkansas has had over 500 earthquakes since, Sept 20th 2010.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Something just struck me, being a yankee, If there ever is a 7 mag quake in the New Madrid the Government could legally disarm all of the Confederate States. They would not have time to Suceed from the USA. The North would win again.

I don't know about the other states involved in the NSZ ,but Tennessee passed a law forbiding the federal government from disarming the public in case of a natural disaster. Unless there is water standing on my property. I ain't leaving....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

What I have left of it, is free to read, I will continue to rewrite it from my notes, it also explains the truth about global warming.

epochrevelations.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

"Hold on to What You Got", All the property in the Ninth Ward in New Orleans was siezed by the US Governemt after Katrina, wouldn't get electricity back. You leave your property and the Gov will take it as abandoned. The people are still trying to get their property back in the courts.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I hope that if the time ever comes and the people need to take a stand, that there is enough people with balls to do so. I won't be going anywhere against my will!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join