It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid quake exercise & conplan 3502 marshall law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The $$ is a big issue in this exercise FEMA estimates it cost to be $21 million. Then they mentioned Federal funds for state and local agencies. They sure spend a lot of money as just playing disaster on a "table top exercise" as they call it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
they seem to know some thing is going to happen?
a meteor strike?
or will they set og a earthquake with a deep nuk?

what ever it is.
you lose All of your freedom.
they take your weapons but not the crimanles guns.
to the gangs get to rape you!

people kill more with a car.
take the cars away!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on the actual effectiveness that martial law would be. I personally have the feeling that it would be only half effective at best just due to the numbers of civilians vs troops/police. Unless of course they used all out violent tactics against the population to persuade them to do as they say.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

In New Orleans after Katrina they definitely used brute force. There is a video somewhere on youtube about an elderly lady that fought them to try to keep her gun. They went door to door in areas not even affected taking peoples guns and search their homes

Here is a FEMA Request for 135,000 gallons of disel fuel and 25,000 gallons of gasoline, for this supposed "table top exercise".

www.fbo.gov...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have know people in the Army but not one that was ever on disaster alert, guess I just didn't know the right people. I lived in Ky until a year ago and now Indiana so I and family are concerned about the New Madrid. The studies and output on this fault line have been increased in the last few years making me think new studies show how weak the fault is now and that it could trigger a major quake soon. I remember just a few years ago many people in Ky didn't even know about the Madrid fault but they most certainly do now. I have a difficult time believing this much money and preparation would go for just a pretend event. IMO something is up!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

OK in a small portion of the country yes they could probably pull it off, but other than that I have my doubts. I know a lot of people try to portray it as 1 2 3 then they hit every major city in the country, that kind of martial law wouldn't work in my mind. But a couple of states or large cities they could probably round up quite a few. I guess now that I think of it that way they could move from those cities to others and make progress of some kind provided they cut off communications, I will leave it as plausible for now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Question.. Where do you get FEMA camps from? That legislation never made it out of committee.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
they seem to know some thing is going to happen?
a meteor strike?
or will they set og a earthquake with a deep nuk?

what ever it is.
you lose All of your freedom.
they take your weapons but not the crimanles guns.
to the gangs get to rape you!

people kill more with a car.
take the cars away!

The New Madrids fault line is almost as bad as the ones that run in California. The last time a quake occured with the new madrids fault church bells on the east coast were ringing from it.

Recently scientists have discovered a slew of smaller faults running through the area of Arkansas and a few other states. Logic would dictate that the current plans in place never accounted for the newer fault lines, which would prompt a change, which would mean active drills, which by the way occur all the time. Only the larger ones generally make the news (when they use actors as walking wounded, etc).

Again, I dont think there is anything sinister behind it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
xcathdra if your bosses tell you your going to impose martial law will you impose it or will you stand with us ?
I HOPE you follow this guys example
www.youtube.com...
We need people like you on our side .
Thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It is in "CONPLAN 3502" under Civil Disturbance which states that there would be confinment facilities.

Link Here:

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

ATSers: You should all know that there is no such thing as "Marshall Law" (phoenetically yes but it isnt the Marshall Plan or the law of the western sheriff). It is MARTIAL LAW (law of the military). Derived from Mars, the god of war, and the same word as the martial arts. Using the correct term adds credibility to your post.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
xcathdra if your bosses tell you your going to impose martial law will you impose it or will you stand with us ?
I HOPE you follow this guys example
www.youtube.com...
We need people like you on our side .
Thoughts ?

Ive already been asked and answered this question.. The moment the Government crosses completely over to the darkside and decides to scrap / ignore the Constitution, and my department supports that, is when my Chief will get my resignation letter.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I thought about making this distinction as well, then opted not to. There are 2 types of clasification a Govenor can do.

They can delcare an Emergency or a Disaster.

Only the Govenor of a State can do this, at which point only the State Governor can request Federal Assistance. Federal assitance cannot be forced accrding to the Federal laws covering this area.

EDIT to add: The only exception to my comment is when it involes Nuclear chemical or Biological exposure.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here is a report on United States Militia site about it . about 1/3 down the page.

www.unitedstatesmilitia.com...

Quote from site:

"Submitted by TCIMC on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 15:31
National Level Exercise 2011 docs found on Army Corps fileserver prove upgrade for Secret 'Civil Disturbance Operations CONPLAN 3502' the Master Pentagon Blueprint for RNC/G20 Lockdowns, Policing Disasters & More"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What happened in Katrina was totally Unconstitutional. The police went along with it like mindless pawns and did not seem concerned for a) the safety of those disarmed, b) the value of the guns taken, and c) any protocol to return them after the "crisis." I guess if a tyrannical govt were to be formed and wanted to disarm the citizens (from the true intent of 2A) then they would engineer a national disaster and implement some EO to call in all firearms.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
All Civil Rights are suspended under Marshal Law. So therefore they can legally take your guns under any force and not return them. I am going to start praying now for no Madrid Quake. On one map it states that 16 states will be involved the ones around the 8 states will be included. So if a Quake does occur even if years from now they can disarm, inprison, whatever 16 of the US states and do it legally. It would be the perfect plan for TPTB.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In response to earthquake activity in/ around KY.

www.bssaonline.org...

The Sharpsburg, Kentucky, earthquake 27 July 1980: Main shock parameters and isoseismal maps.

An earthquake having an average body-wave magnitude of 5.1 occurred on Sunday, 27 July 1980 near Sharpsburg, Kentucky. The earthquake was widely felt throughout the Eastern United States and had a maximum Modified Mercalli intensity of VII in the epicentral region. The total felt area was approximately 673,000 km2. The well-constrained focal mechanism based on 128 P-wave first motions combined with other geological and seismological evidence indicates a fault plane striking N42°E, dipping 50°E with a slip vector 184° of the strike. This is a right-lateral strike-slip event with a small component of thrust. Isoseismal data strongly suggest a northeast-directed rupture. The strike is parallel to the trend of the West Hickman Creek fault zone but 30 km to the east of any known faults.

This was the first significant earthquake in the area. There have been several other rumblings since 1980.

First reported as part of New Madrid, it is actually closer to West Hickman Creek, which horseshoes from Ohio through KY, loops in Tenn. then back up western KY, which is very close to New Madrid epicenters.

One might research more about West Hickman Creek fault.

I remember this quake quite vividly, I was napping that Sunday afternoon under a tree several hundred mile south in southern KY. Jarred me awake, was at a YCC, Youth Conservation Corp, working in the Daniel Boone National Forest. Bunk beds shifted, dressers lost contents, etc.

Just a year or two ago Louisville KY experienced a quake, building dropped its facade and bricks fell closing streets in downtown.

Hope you find this interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

What happened in Katrina was totally Unconstitutional. The police went along with it like mindless pawns and did not seem concerned for a) the safety of those disarmed, b) the value of the guns taken, and c) any protocol to return them after the "crisis." I guess if a tyrannical govt were to be formed and wanted to disarm the citizens (from the true intent of 2A) then they would engineer a national disaster and implement some EO to call in all firearms.

Katrina was a cluster from top to bottom at all levels. The Govenor at the time refused to turn over command of the State National Guard to Federal command. NOPD was taken to court, and made it to he Supreme Court and lost with reference to confiscating private fire arms. They were forced to return or reimburse people who had their weapons seized.

Also the other thing to keep in mind when comparing, well, anything to Louisiana is they are the only state in the union who does not use English common law. They still use Napoleonic Law (French) so there are some differences in translations.

I am not condoning what they did, just pointing out that it was reuled illegal by the Highest Court in the land.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by limbomumbojumbo

It was in the news here in Arkansas they discovered another fault in this state with all the 600+ quakes this year. The Dead Birds in Arkansas, The Dead Birds in Kentucky, and The Dead Birds in Illinois, make a perfect triangle. It almost spells Illuminite.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well you can tell I 'm from Arkansas, I spelled it wrong. Not marshal but marial law.

Link: about suspended civil rights.

www.answers.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join