It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the vatican told 2 years ago to prepare the religeous for disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Was the vatican told 2 years ago to prepare thereligeous for disclosure?

was they told tha tdisclosure was going to be soon and the religeous people of the world need to be prepared?

I believe its possible but what does everybody elses think, it will be nice to hear other peoples opinion

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
and Ats was there...
wayyyyy back in '07
Great Thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yea I did a search and found that but with all new recent events I would line peoples opinion now

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Not trying to derail...
just putting important reference out there...

but the vatican is very "progressive" to know that they need to change their religious standards to prevent alienating themselves

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Totally agree I like people to get all the facts they can I should of put the link in really lol

It just makes me wonder that's all because the catholic church has opposed this subject and science for hundreds of years and then all of a sudden a few years ago they change there mind and say in so many words that of there is ET then god made them too

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ive done alot of research goin back multiple years now...
and there is rumors of course because nothing short of disclosure would out the subject...
but that the Pope has met with ET's...more likely several times..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

I don't see why this isn't possible, if you would want to speak to world leaders hes your man, he must have more followers ie catholics then anyother 1 man on this planet I think I'm not sure but will check
edit on 27/1/11 by simples because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
they've been in the know for awhile. they had a telescope for at least 70 years or so. and those strange looking spheres that look like gold-clad death stars... tell me how they fit in the religious theme of the vatican.

edit on 27-1-2011 by wingsfan because: image

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As long as Aliens hate gays and abuse children it's okay that they exist (beware of the irony).
Seriously, there are alot of people discussion about alien life and UFO's, of course the church also did it, as they have to prepare in case of contact or a dislosure, everything will change for the church if this happens. Progress is important for the Catholic church, they can't be ignorant about that topic any longer.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

Isnt there a thread on here, that the vatican met an alien with one of the us presidents and then whent back to the pope to report what he saw, then after the vatican had contact since...?

I could find that thread or some one else can....

EDIT::: Found it; www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: adding

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

They have to prepare regardless of whether they have been warned disclosure will happen. In case disclosure happens. They are simply making sure that disclosure doesn't make their believers think they don't need the Church for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
IMO... If the church did meet ebe's or knows about them, and now recently herding their sheeple to believe that its ok to believe in them cuz their gods creations, too, must know somethings going to hit the fan soon. So theres no mass panic, havoc and what not in the church but there will be...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I tend to stay out of religious topics, as my own person belief is that religion is used as a tool of separation. However, I thought for the conversation I would go ahead and toss in my two cents for anyone that cares to read it.
I'm not a reader of The Bible, so I may be incorrect in stating this, however I am under the impression that God created man in the eyes of Christianity. Would the presence of ET make people question who (or what) made THEM? I am also under the impression that The Bible states there were a beings created before us that he banished away for some reason or another, or something of the sorts. I'm not a religious person, nor do I claim anything I have stated is fact, just things I'm speculating on. I guess my point to raise would be, if The Bible doesn't say God created ET's, then what would a holy man have to say to his followers about them? In a sense wouldn't it sort of present itself as evidence as to why their religion is flawed, or incorrect?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It is very interesting how "extraterrestrial" "intelligence" would tie into with mainstream Christian doctrine. The whole notion of a being separate from us and more intelligent than us, somewhere "out there" isnt that new at all really, especially not to the Vatican, just think about it. Why would the Vatican start making such a sensation out of it now? When they have built a theology of a Christ having ascended "upstairs" and made themselves tollgaters for the stairs for so long? Do you really think this is change? or adaption?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Totally agree I like people to get all the facts they can I should of put the link in really lol

It just makes me wonder that's all because the catholic church has opposed this subject and science for hundreds of years and then all of a sudden a few years ago they change there mind and say in so many words that of there is ET then god made them too

"has opposed this subject and science for hundreds of years " - sorry, it's a complete myth that the Vatican has opposed science for centuries!
Some (largely American) Protestants have, but not Catholics...
Vicky

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
...., however I am under the impression that God created man in the eyes of Christianity. Would the presence of ET make people question who (or what) made THEM? I am also under the impression that The Bible states there were a beings created before us that he banished away for some reason or another, or something of the sorts. I'm not a religious person, nor do I claim anything I have stated is fact, just things I'm speculating on. I guess my point to raise would be, if The Bible doesn't say God created ET's, then what would a holy man have to say to his followers about them? In a sense wouldn't it sort of present itself as evidence as to why their religion is flawed, or incorrect?

Yes, the Bible says God created humans, but importantly, it doesnot say that God didn't create ETs! Therefore, the presence of ETs is no evidence that our religion is flawed or incorrect... which is one reason why many Christian science fiction writers exist!
Vicky

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by simples
was they told tha tdisclosure was going to be soon and the religeous people of the world need to be prepared?

I believe its possible but what does everybody elses think, it will be nice to hear other peoples opinion

Many Vatican scholars have been talking about ET for the last few decades.I don't think they were "told". The Vatican doesn't really listen to anyone but itself. I think they took it upon themselves to start being more open about ET contact. They do have a lot of smart people there, with access to knowledge we don't have. The Vatican Archives are rumored to contain centuries old data on ET contact an visitation. I think they are just trying to get ahead of the game, so if disclosure, or some other game changing event happens, they can say we knew it all along, because we are the one true catholic church etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Thank you for your insight
I hope I didn't come across as anti-christian or anything. I think everyone needs something to believe in. As for the Vatican and space life, I'm sure they know before anyone. Think about how much money the Vatican takes in that is tax free. They probably have more money spent into things like this than anyone, merely for the sheer fact that they don't really have a budget like a government and can spend their money however they wish. I've heard rumors that the majority of satellites in orbit belong to the Vatican.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by simples

If they were told I would be willing to bet they were relieved that it was aliens and not Jesus thats coming to visit... Letting women speak in church is going to get them a stern talking to when the king of kings comes back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join