It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with Tawain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I\'m just wondering do we have the right to sell weapons to Tawain. Seeing as a Chinese invasion of Tawain is imminent would we have the right to be there. Tawain is not represented at the UN I believe so does the UN have the right to do something. And fianally does China have the right to take back Tawain. This isn\'t a question of would we help and who would win. My question is who has the right to do what with Tawain and should anybody help or invade Tawain.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think that the reason the UN does not represent Taiwan is because China has a permanent seat on the UN security council and therefore has a veto of any UN initiatives such as allowing a new member such as Taiwan, and this is because Beijing does not recognize the soveriegnty of Taiwan.

I think that if the Chinese want to take back Taiwan it would be a good policy to show arms and support Taipai in its attempts to thwart an invasion. But only with money and perhaps weapons. Perhaps even sending warships to the area, but if the Chinese still in the face of the threat of war do invade, then the forces, whereever they come form, US, Brits, etc..., should back off, therby sending the sign that they recognoze the Chinese claim to Taiwan but any further acts of so called imperialism in the area with be met with military resistance.

new topics

join