It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calgary: Remove floride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Calgary: Remove floride

www.cbc.ca

A Calgary city council committee is recommending that fluoride be removed from the drinking water.

The utilities and environment committee voted five to one Wednesday to ask the province for permission to stop putting the chemical through the taps.

About 70 people made presentations at city hall during an all-day public meeting on the issue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Atleast here we get an actual say, or atleast.. it seems that way.

Not sure how long it will take for the full removal to commence, however I just posted this thread to see if any cities or towns elsewhere in Canada or U.S are giving the people, at a public low-level option, that chance to voice their opinion and even have a veto on whether it's to be added or not.

Thanks for any/all replies.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wow fantastic !! This is a great first step in removing toxins in our water supply and sugar coating them as hygene for our teeth . Good job alberta ! hope the rest of the provinces follow suit .

For those who say don't worry about fluridation

Then you can take our supply and add it to your city water supply by all means .

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes, let's get rid of that helpful substance added to the water to improve dental health...

reply to post by seedofchucky

...removing toxins in our water supply...

Fluoride isn't harmful at the current concentrations. Go read on how you gauge toxicity.

With your logic, I can label water as a toxin as if you drink too much of it, you'll die.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Whyhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Edit: Never mind, I just realized that you were one of the main participants in the mentioned thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-1-2011 by Tamahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Yes, let's get rid of that helpful substance added to the water to improve dental health...

And lets have clogged up Pineal glands at the same time, awesome!

If you want good teeth : brush them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

"Fluoride isn't harmful at the current concentrations"

"Although helpful for dental health in low dosage, chronic exposure to fluoride in large amounts interferes with bone formation. In this way, the greatest examples of fluoride poisoning arises from fluoride-rich ground water" en.wikipedia.org...

oh sorry the "little" bit of poison that i injest adds up over time for it to be toxic to my body ..sugar coated enough for ya?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

99% of water is used for other than drinking purposes...
...if you need floride you get more than you need in toothpaste.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Fluoride isn't harmful at the current concentrations. Go read on how you gauge toxicity.

You need to look into the history of the dosages and where they came from on fluoride.

The set blood serum for maximum allowable dose was set during the second world war because people working with it were dying and being disabled.

The first fluoride tests were done on citizens in a small town in New York. The testing was done to find the levels at which "exposure" was survivable with no long term effects.

The entire idea of using fluoride in water supplies was used as a cover up for the fact that the government contractors on all fluorine processed were on the way to being sued into nonexistence after world war two. This would have cut our throats in the cold war. Intentionally using a propaganda campaign was how they kept the war industry intact.

Intentionally contaminating our water sources also includes most of the water ways in the US where dumping of this highly toxic and dangerous substance is convenient for the steel, coal, phosphate, nuclear, aluminum, special use metals, petroleum products, and even synthetics producers like teflon industries.

The phosphate mining industry is the backup source of the US governments strategic stockpile of fluorine comes from and was set up during the cold war for extracting this substance. The catch is that it is expensive and dangerous to process and store so the government made sure they would always have a place to get rid of it. (GUESS WHERE)

Look into the real history of fluoride and you will find that the same people who convinced the public (Carnegie foundation) that lead,PCB's, asbestos and mercury were all good for them were the ones behind water fluoridation.

By the way....FLUORIDE DOES NOT HELP ANYONES TEETH IN ANY WAY. Yes. I'm yelling. The only tests to support that claim are from manipulated data that was from toxicity testing on a group of patients with severe damage from working with fluorine in the early 1940's. Most of them had LOST THEIR TEETH due to fluorine poisoning.

Oh well. I guess the government would never decieve YOU. Would they?
Just go to the drug store and buy a few cases...make sure to use it every day. Rest secure in the knowledge that the government is made up of angelic beings who would spend hundreds of millions of dollars so your little darlings will have white teeth.

Remember, it started back in late 40's when rationing was very widespread money was short and we were trying to rebuild the planet after a world wide war. White teeth for the kiddies was obviously the most important thing to do right next to preparing for total thermonuclear destruction.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by seedofchucky

...removing toxins in our water supply...

With your logic, I can label water as a toxin as if you drink too much of it, you'll die.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Whyhi because: (no reason given)

Actually facepalm to you. I want to drink water, not a toxic (or not) chemical cocktail. If you want healthy teeths, why won't you just brush your them???

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Now I just hope Montreal's gonna do the same thing!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Also dont' forget on your toothpaste it says in fine print DO NOT SWALLOW because it has FLORIDE in it. But go drink it it's fine..

new topics

top topics

join