It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hear an intermittent high pitched noise?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

My brother and I both experienced this within minutes of each other about ten days ago. He started to complain about a high pitched ringing in his ears and feeling faint. The color was draining from his face and he told me his vision was getting blurry and shiny. I went and got him a glass of water and when I came back I began having a ringing in my ears as well. I started having blurred vision and feeling as if I was going to black out. My legs became weak and and that little acidic spittle that comes up when you're about to vomit started creeping up under my tongue. With my brother laying down now, I made my way outside to get some air and keep myself from becoming sick. I was sweating so bad I thought I was going to overheat, so I removed my hooded sweater. I grabbed a small black grocery bag off the ground and puked up some frothy stomach acid for a good minute. This is about when the ringing stopped, if I remember correctly. It was pretty late at night/early morning, with a slight chill outside in the dark, but in two minutes time I had thoroughly soaked my tee shirt in sweat. Pulled myself back inside when I regained a bit of strength back, and checked in on my brother who was feeling much better by then.
I have to say, I was very confused and scared afterward, and tried doing a quick online search for some answers. I really couldn't find anything to aid in my relief, and have been thinking about it daily. I will continue to follow this thread, if only to stumble across any others' theories and ideas.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Check this out I Think 2nd or 3rd paragraph...could explain the noise...

groups.google.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Before I actually began suffering from tinnitus, I do remember that I would occasionally have similar symptoms from a variety of sources. For example, often my ears would ring in some department stores. I always assumed that the fluorescent lighting was to blame. As mentioned above, I believe, high tension power lines were also a cause, as were a few other things.

In a world where radio waves are bouncing around and through us in an unprecedented manner, it seems to me that this is probably the cause of much of the phenomenon for those who only experience it intermittently.

It should also be noted that loud noises are not the only medical causes for tinnitus. Sinus problems, dental work, bad teeth, inner ear infection, etc. can all cause this to occur as well.

Generally a good rule of thumb for life is to eliminate the mundane potential causes for any given thing before moving on to the more obscure or fantastical theories.

~Heff

Thanks for your sensible input on this Heff. I have had tinnitus for a few years now. It can be quite annoying at times. I've noticed it can be better or worse, depending on some variables. But there are food and chemicals that can sometimes cause this as well. Aspartame, alcohol, etc. Which I'm sure you already know.

But this was one reason I asked those questions that got ignored by the OP in the beginning. I was going to mention this.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
" Tune your Ear's like little Radio's " Is my saying...
I hear these too, have done for 2 maybe even 3 years now. Mostly in my right Ear. I don't have Tinnitus, I have very good hearing too. In fact these past few years my hearing has gotten better. I've always been able to hear a static buzz (Like Electricity) at night, even when items are switched off at the socket. Around 2006-2007 I started hearing a very low pitch rumble (odd thing is my flat did actually vibrate, I'm in the UK so not an Earthquake... it was every day at certain times)... My Partner at the time could not hear the rumble but could feel the vibrations, So I knew I was not going mad, LOL. I ruled out vibrations from workmen as the times it happened was mostly 2.30AM-3.00AM, sometimes 5.00AM... And a few odd times in the afternoon.

I hear odd Tones in my right ear, sometimes in my left. They sound like the Tones on a phone when you're dialing the numbers. These Tones I've been hearing only for about 2 years.

*EDIT: And I've been feeling dizzy and ill when the sounds started years ago
edit on 7/2/11 by zara_bow because: Added info *

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

it's not just me.. yay! when i was younger, i was precognitive and heard a constant high pitch tone in my ears... I was evaluated several times and the doctor told my parents that it was that after a time i would no longer be able to hear over a certain octave... being normal people my parents believed this.. in my twenties it went away and I haven't thought about it in along time. That is up until two months ago when lo and behold.. the same tone has returned. It's constant. Same pitch and I've found myself once again short term precognitive.

I'll give you an example, I'll" think" of a person and i'll run into them or they'll call within a few hours... ( sometimes I haven't seen someone in twenty years) Things that would seem completely weird coincidences but when you have about 20 things a day, every day.. well you start to believe your either losing all sense of reality or something really weird is going on.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
All my life. It's not tinnitus. My hearing TESTED as hearing above normal frequency ranges.

I hear each electrical applaince, wall clock etc. as separate rings. The ringing goes away when there is no power, and the individual appliances ringing goes away when I unplug them.

I used to navigate a total blackout, leading others, based solely on diffrentiating the generator sounds which I knew went to which campsite.

I could troubleshoot a van with over 40 different electrical devices, simply by hearing the rings.

I hear quakes as a ringing too. I turn my head and get a direction. Give it a few minutes and there it is coming up new on USGS. I CANNOT determine distance though, so, it's rather useless.

The China quake - the ringing increased to almost unbearable for almost a year, then, when the China quake hit - BOOM! Ringing gone.

edit on 22/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I've been hearing this for years and years, personally I believe it to be attributed to my tinnitus.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hm. I am skeptical of the proposition, but at the same time, I have been having wierd visual disturbances, various problems with my hearing (including high pitched ringing) and some really scary heart palpatations every day for the last two weeks. I am going to the doctor for testing to see if we can find a cause- but this hypothesis will remain a possibility in the back of my mind if we don't find the cause.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What do you think it could be?

Me personally. When I hear this high pitch ring in my ears.. Its anytime someone is either talking about me, or thinking about me with any kind of intent.

This is my personal thoughts. And claim no truth to it.
But in the past I use to post a lot on ATS here. And the ringing in my ears was constant, I could almost feel when people where reading my posts, and making thoughts about me.

I feel we are all connected on a deeper level than any of us really understand.

And when your ears are ringing. I am betting someone is talking about you, or thinking about you with intent of either thinking.. Where is such and such, anything positive or negative thought process that has strong intent makes my ears ring.

That is my humble thoughts on the issue.
And it may sound very far left field.
But I stopped posting so much on here, for the very reason, I could not handle all that energy coming at me all time. same with facebook, or when a family member is about to call me.. I feel it before they call.. and I end up calling them. And they Say.. Oh speak of the devil! I was just about to call you.
And I will say, yeah I know.. My ears where ringing.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My head rings constantly. It's not tinnitus ... that is, it's not in my ears at all. It seems to be about a foot or so out away from my head ... I hear it like I hear crickets or frogs or any other sound that's happening around me. That's how I manage it. When I close my eyes at night, I just pretend that I'm camping out and go to sleep by the night sounds. It is constant, loud, and always there ... not only at night, but day as well. The day sounds don't block it out but I am able to better ignore it. I saw a post one time on ATS by someone who seemed to have the same sort of symptoms. His doctor told him that he apparently had had a brain injury when he was younger, and this was his brain's way of trying to re-circuit and repair itself, if you will. I don't really recall a time when I have not had it, although it seems to be getting louder the older I get. I would love to think it had something to do with enlightenment ... a calling of some sort, but there's certainly nothing I know of in my life that would lead me to think in that direction.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Thats really interesting and it's probably true to your experience.. but there is no way someone is talking or thinking about me 24/7. the sound hasn't stopped once since it started... Yes I can tune it out when asleep but it's still there and I sometimes have problems with insomnia because of it... I can distract myself for periods of time but it's still there... sometimes I try to "tune"into it .. thinking maybe i'm supposed to do something but i dunno what.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My ears ring/buzz constantly. especially if it's quiet, like right now. Drives me crazy.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by zysin5

Thats really interesting and it's probably true to your experience.. but there is no way someone is talking or thinking about me 24/7. the sound hasn't stopped once since it started...

Sorry to hear that man.. Sounds like you have a medical condition called Tinnitus. Many people suffer from this. I to suffered from Tinnitus, but the ringing in my right ear is by far a different pitch than when someone is talking about me. I can tell the different frequencies.
If you know anything about tuning a guitar, that is the best way to explain it. There are long waves, and short waves length rings. There are also harmonic rings that do not have any length to them, and it happens in both ears, and sounds deeper in my mind. Rather than just my right ear, with a slight ring tone.
Plus there is a difference when I turn on a computer screen, TV, old type of appliance. I can hear the change in frequency tone. Strong with old TV's and old pc monitors.

Tinnitus (play /tɪˈnaɪtəs/ or /ˈtɪnɪtəs/; from the Latin word tinnītus meaning "ringing") is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound. Tinnitus is not a disease, but a condition that can result from a wide range of underlying causes: neurological damage (multiple sclerosis), ear infections, oxidative stress,[1] foreign objects in the ear, nasal allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain, wax build-up and exposure to loud sounds. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines may cause tinnitus as well. In-ear earphones, whose sound enters directly into the ear canal without any opportunity to be deflected or absorbed elsewhere, are a common cause of tinnitus when volume is set beyond moderate levels.

I also lost 75% of all hearing out of my right ear, and have many health issues when it comes to my ears.. Sucks. So I know the feeling.. I got it from when I use to swim in my uncles lake here in FL. I picked up some really bad amoeba that got into my ear, and caused a horrible ear infection that almost took 100% of my hearing in my right ear. And since I lost that much hearing, we humans tend to make up for it with our other senses.
Thank you for keeping an open mind to my personal experience.
This is my more logical approach to this thread and topic. Hope this is helps.

Now as far as talking about frequency changes into 2012 and all that stuff.. Really can't say. All I know is what I have personally experienced. And me coming out and saying I can hear people think about me, is a far stretch, and in the real world, could be considered to be delusional thinking.
When doctors have told me over and over again it is only Tinnitus. But as I said, there are different frequency waves I hear.. and the Tinnitus is right ear only. Other rings are in both ears, and deep in my head.

edit on 22-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Sun's extreme solar activity (along with a little help from us) has been blowing part of our atmosphere away and the Ionosphere has been getting really really close to the surface of the Earth....closest we've ever recorded. In fact the norm was cut in half by 2009 and has continued to drop every year.

You will notice the ringing in your ears more at night, when the Ionosphere is closest to the surface of the Earth. As it gets closer and closer we'll notice more and more biological effects on us.

We will continue using HAARP to steer weather fronts and as we push up on the Ionosphere during day time that upper portion of the atmosphere will be lost forever as the solar wind blasts it away.

You are only noticing the ringing in your ears late at night aren't you? Well now you know why. There's a charge difference between us and up there. As she gets closer you'll notice the effects. Hopefully the Governments 'Zombie Apocalypse' doesn't come true.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by zysin5

Thats really interesting and it's probably true to your experience.. but there is no way someone is talking or thinking about me 24/7. the sound hasn't stopped once since it started...

Sorry to hear that man.. Sounds like you have a medical condition called Tinnitus. Many people suffer from this. I to suffered from Tinnitus, but the ringing in my right ear is by far a different pitch than when someone is talking about me. I can tell the different frequencies.
If you know anything about tuning a guitar, that is the best way to explain it. There are long waves, and short waves length rings. There are also harmonic rings that do not have any length to them, and it happens in both ears, and sounds deeper in my mind. Rather than just my right ear, with a slight ring tone.
Plus there is a difference when I turn on a computer screen, TV, old type of appliance. I can hear the change in frequency tone. Strong with old TV's and old pc monitors.

Tinnitus (play /tɪˈnaɪtəs/ or /ˈtɪnɪtəs/; from the Latin word tinnītus meaning "ringing") is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound. Tinnitus is not a disease, but a condition that can result from a wide range of underlying causes: neurological damage (multiple sclerosis), ear infections, oxidative stress,[1] foreign objects in the ear, nasal allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain, wax build-up and exposure to loud sounds. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines may cause tinnitus as well. In-ear earphones, whose sound enters directly into the ear canal without any opportunity to be deflected or absorbed elsewhere, are a common cause of tinnitus when volume is set beyond moderate levels.

I also lost 75% of all hearing out of my right ear, and have many health issues when it comes to my ears.. Sucks. So I know the feeling.. I got it from when I use to swim in my uncles lake here in FL. I picked up some really bad amoeba that got into my ear, and caused a horrible ear infection that almost took 100% of my hearing in my right ear. And since I lost that much hearing, we humans tend to make up for it with our other senses.
Thank you for keeping an open mind to my personal experience.
This is my more logical approach to this thread and topic. Hope this is helps.

Now as far as talking about frequency changes into 2012 and all that stuff.. Really can't say. All I know is what I have personally experienced. And me coming out and saying I can hear people think about me, is a far stretch, and in the real world, could be considered to be delusional thinking.
When doctors have told me over and over again it is only Tinnitus. But as I said, there are different frequency waves I hear.. and the Tinnitus is right ear only. Other rings are in both ears, and deep in my head.

edit on 22-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit

I'm sure it's not tinnitis because although it's constant it's inside my head too.. it's not an outside noise.. and it will change frequencies when i'm around the computer, electrical equiptment, etc or people.. I notice this most frequently when i'm in a store with alot of people and depending on who I walk by.. it changes .. it's way freaky..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Something like this just happened to me last night. It was very odd.

I was sitting on the front porch last night having a smoke and listening to the relaxing sounds of the crickets. when all of a sudden all the crickets stopped chirping at once and about 3 seconds later a very high pitched tone started in my right ear. It reminded me of one of those hearing tests that they gave us while I was in grade school. It was extremely loud and lasted about 20 to 30 seconds and, this is going to sound strange, it sounded like it was coming from inside my head. After the tone stopped, 3 seconds later, the crickets started up again. This is why I think the crickets heard it also. It was very strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Look up the story about the GOCE Satellite.

Sent into ultra low orbit to actually fly in the Ionosphere and use Ion propulsion to keep her from falling down. European experiment to get data on the magnetic field of the planet.

Problem they ran into is there is NO Ionosphere where it's supposed to be and the ultra low flying satellite did not get any drag from air where there should have been.

They are now saying that flying satellite will be able to stay up there past 2014.

Earth's missing her Ionosphere. We're going to notice more effects as more Solar Flares come our way. NASA is saying November 1st all the way through November is going to see some crazy weather.

You're hearing the high pitched noise at night because what's left of the Ionosphere is closest to the ground at night. Earth's upper realms are getting hyper charged right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I get the ringing in my ears off and on all the time and I would have to agree with Heff - it's tinnitus. I too went to many concerts growing up in the 70's and early 80's...not hundreds or thousands like Heff, but maybe up to a hundred. I would also blast my stereo when I listened to it...all of this has caused some partial deafness for me as well. The ringing does get annoying though at times, but oh well.

I have also read about the "earthquake sensitives" on that James Berkland earthquake prediction site (syzygyjob.net I believe) that get a ringing in their ears prior to a quake, but like anyone with a "gift", the predictions from the "sensitives" were almost always wrong - so I tend to not believe it. I'm sure that some people are going to call me a debunker or some other emotionally charged name, but I really do not believe anyone's ringing in their ears is anything more than tinnitus. I realize that a lot of people like to think they have some special power or something like the X-Men, but be realistic. There is a name for ringing ears and that name is tinnitus.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976
Something like this just happened to me last night. It was very odd.

I was sitting on the front porch last night having a smoke and listening to the relaxing sounds of the crickets. when all of a sudden all the crickets stopped chirping at once and about 3 seconds later a very high pitched tone started in my right ear. It reminded me of one of those hearing tests that they gave us while I was in grade school. It was extremely loud and lasted about 20 to 30 seconds and, this is going to sound strange, it sounded like it was coming from inside my head. After the tone stopped, 3 seconds later, the crickets started up again. This is why I think the crickets heard it also. It was very strange indeed.

Yes - the tones that you would get for a hearing test - that's exactly what my tinnitus sounds like. I don't have an answer for the whole cricket thing, though. Maybe at the onset of tinnitus you just can't hear anything else for a few moments and it just seemed like the crickets stopped chirping?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join