It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: Citizen Spy Networks to be Given Immunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Shocker: Citizen Spy Networks to be Given Immunity

www.infowars.com

New York Republican Peter King has introduced a bill that would protect the army of citizen spies Homeland Security hopes to recruit under Janet Napolitano’s “See Something, Say Something” snoop campaign from lawsuits brought by innocent people wrongly accused of being terrorists or extremists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A totalitarian police state is being built in the United States every single day. People need to be shaken out of their sleep - there is no difference between the left and the right at the top. As soon as one party loses control the other party picks up the baton and continues on the same path to take your rights away.

Giving immunity to anyone with a grudge to turn in their neighbor or their ex-husband wife boyfriend girlfriend teacher whatever is complete insanity.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey Maybe I could get rid of my ex this way?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Bet on it. If they tie this into an anonymous tip line it will be the biggest witch hunt in history.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Gee and I thought those folks were getting immunity from recording the police!
My bad.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The world is getting scarier everyday.
Second Line.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

And if you do not comply and appear to do so happily, you will be 'noticed'. Accusations will fly, neighbor will turn against neighbor, and all of us will be living in as dystopian a world as we could imagine.

The entire idea of this "See Something, Say Something" campaign is ludicrous at best... and the beginning of the end of goodwill between strangers at the worst.

So we have 3 options..

A) Comply and submit.

B) Comply and subtly resist where you can.

C) Resist outright and be labeled a terrorist or a threat.

Which will you choose?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2011 by Screwed because: fear of being labeled a domestic extremest in the United States Of America.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Pefect, then someone call this in real quick; Janet N. is guilty of stomping on the constitution with her stupidity.

I got immunity Janet have fun with the investigation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
reply to post by EssenSieMich

And if you do not comply and appear to do so happily, you will be 'noticed'. Accusations will fly, neighbor will turn against neighbor, and all of us will be living in as dystopian a world as we could imagine.

The entire idea of this "See Something, Say Something" campaign is ludicrous at best... and the beginning of the end of goodwill between strangers at the worst.

So we have 3 options..

A) Comply and submit.

B) Comply and subtly resist where you can.

C) Resist outright and be labeled a terrorist or a threat.

Which will you choose?
There is only 1 choice. C

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment. I can definitely see the point of view of all the posts above (so nobody flame me because I do agree to an extent). But I still want to look at it another way.

When I was a flight attendant, we had to be SO SUPER CAREFUL when reporting suspicious activity because the accused could and have filed lawsuits. They could even sue their fellow passengers who came forward as witnesses. Remember the 'Flying Imams' incident?

I certainly wouldn't want innocent and sincere civilians to be vulnerable to lawsuits because they reported something suspicious.

What about something like that? On one hand this definitely sounds like Nazi Germany and reporting your neighbor. On the other hand, I don't like seeing people too scared to report something (even something I feel was staged just for lawsuits like the Flying Imam incident) because they may be sued.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyDI'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment. I can definitely see the point of view of all the posts above (so nobody flame me because I do agree to an extent). But I still want to look at it another way.

When I was a flight attendant, we had to be SO SUPER CAREFUL when reporting suspicious activity because the accused could and have filed lawsuits. They could even sue their fellow passengers who came forward as witnesses. Remember the 'Flying Imams' incident?

I certainly wouldn't want innocent and sincere civilians to be vulnerable to lawsuits because they reported something suspicious.

I agree also that there should be some protection from litigation in certain cases; I don't know the actual wording but it appears that the word immunity is used - under the law that is a huge get out of jail pass.

I can see this immunity being selectively granted and enforced.

"Hey - these two Arab kids look suspicious to me hanging around the court house taking pictures and taking notes - bam! ACLU time.... I can hear it all now, this is racist behavior – profiling etc…we can’t allow this in this case since the immunity was never meant to be a reason to deny anyone their civil rights.

Then we’ll have this one….

However, I saw my white neighbor with a gun...and some big bags of fertilizer...he's storing food too and has a garden...I bet he's one of them domestic terrorists. < after a forceful rectal cavity search producing legal documents for the gun and seeing the "garden" oh and they shoot your dog in the "raid" > sorry, immunity see the law...since you have no special status of minority.

next stop...your house

Our country is doomed with this type stuff - that is why I have a shoot first ask questions later on my farm. Don't come snooping around here - neighbors!

edit on 27/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
(even something I feel was staged just for lawsuits like the Flying Imam incident) because they may be sued.

Thats the first thing I thought of.. then the Good Citizen Informant. Whats so disheartening to me is that we ALWAYS have to factor in the people who abuse things with every subject that comes up like this.. they seem to be the majority these days. Add to that we have to constantly suspect our own govt.. its become absurd.

Maybe I was totally asleep and blissful in my ignorance, but I really do seem to recall when people has some honor and some sense..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Maybe I was totally asleep and blissful in my ignorance, but I really do seem to recall when people has some honor and some sense..

I believe those days are long gone - the only groups with perceived honor under the current system are minorities as they have special protection under the law.

Read Eric Rush's book Negrophilia for an explanation of how it became so - that minorities are somehow considered more noble and just than us white folks who obviously are not worthy of special status under the law.

Race hatred is the new control in America - watch how quick the race card will come out if a minority is falsely accused under this "immunity" while anyone else who has no card to play will have to suck it up.

new topics

top topics

join