It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police trained that FEMA camps are perfectly normal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Police trained that FEMA camps are perfectly normal

www.infowars.com

Dear Milo, I love your site. I noticed you haven’t discussed FEMA camps yet, but here’s some information that you might find interesting.

I’m a police officer in [withheld to protect officer's identity] State. Everyone in my department was recently required to take an online course sponsored by FEMA about the “Incident Command Structure” (ICS). The Incident Command Structure is the system of control set in place following a disaster, catastrophe, terrorist strike, or other such event. All of the documents from that course can be found on FEMA’s website:

edit on 27-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Interesting, indeed! It’s quite unsettling that FEMA is educating police officers around the nation that citizens may have to be placed into CAMPS at some point (for their own safety, of course), and that this practice is completely normal.

full story link

Keep in mind that these are the FEMA camps and FUSION Centers that are constantly denied to exist by both the politicians and the mainstream media.

The totalitarian police state is being built right around you every day. Telescreens in stores, hotels, sports complexes, and malls. Cameras on every corner, and soon a citizen army immune from liability for false accusations.

Related thread showing Bill to give citizen spies immunity

Video showing fusion centers EVERYWHERE in the U.S.:

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
In reading this, I'm reminded of FEMA recruiting several thousand pastors across the country to encourage church goers to submit to the "authorities". They even went so far as to tell the pastors what bible verses were good to accomplish this. And gave them a FEMA booklet to read.

So this is not surprising. It's just the next step in preparation for what's coming down the road. S&F OP.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 27-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I don't really know why people are even surprised or reject the existance of FEMA camps..

We have been indoctrinated for years to accept placing people in prisons for even the smallest of crimes.
Sometimes merely for the crime of being poor..

So there are already tens of thousands of normal people locked up as we speak and yet we accept that with barely a whimper..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I see a couple of issue as to the location of the pins in Utah.
The Camp Williams one is wrong. Camp Williams in not as far north as it shows.
Second, the pin for Saratoga Springs seem wrong too. There is only open land where it states the area should be.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblackI don't really know why people are even surprised or reject the existance of FEMA camps..

We have been indoctrinated for years to accept placing people in prisons for even the smallest of crimes.
Sometimes merely for the crime of being poor..

So there are already tens of thousands of normal people locked up as we speak and yet we accept that with barely a whimper..

I am a retired Army Officer with a background in Military Intelligence and Special Forces; while most of my "work" admittedly was done in Africa and the Middle East as a member of 3rd Group - I remain intrigued by the existence of the camps and specifically the activities of NORTHCOM. Having been involved in some operations overseas that would make your nose hairs curl – I do not trust the government one bit.

More accurately; I do not trust their corporate masters as some politicians I met in the course of my service seem like decent folks but I don’t think they have the influence most American’s think they do. Most of the power in our Republic rests in the hands of the bureaucracy and those who control it rather than the elected officials.

This is why I joined the oath keepers while in the service and live in the boonies on 40 of my paid for acres preparing for the worst.

That said; I am curious where and when people in America were locked up for the crime of being poor? Are you talking about vagrancy laws, panhandling or something?

Not sure I'm willing to buy that we are locking away the poor in debtor prisons yet.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
we need more whistle blowers in the military and the police . Like the cop in the article you can remain anonymous .
We would be much more powerful with these guys on our side . What worries me is when it comes to martial law will TPTB try and dupe the army /cops into believeing citizens have done something wrong and that martial law is justified .

S&f thanks for the thread .

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

That said; I am curious where and when people in America were locked up for the crime of being poor? Are you talking about vagrancy laws, panhandling or something?

Not sure I'm willing to buy that we are locking away the poor in debtor prisons yet.

As someone who has had first-hand experience with homelessness at various times since 2001, I can tell you it is a fact that "the poor" are indeed being locked up for "being poor". Homeless "camps" in Ann Arbor are routinely broken up by the local police and people are routinely taken to jail simply for being a member of the lowest of the lowest class.

And the local homeless shelter, in spite of millions in funding and the construction of a new facility, has no more beds for actual people than the old run-down shelter did. It's a revolving door whose sole purpose, in my humble little opinion, is to acquire funding. The same people I've seen on the streets for the last 20 years are still on the streets. At least when they're not rounded up and shuffled off to the county jail before such bourgeois events as the Art Fair. Keep 'em out of sight is their philosophy. Can't have people thinking Ann Arbor isn't a haven of liberalism. And by the way, it really isn't. It's as conservative and corrupt as any place I've ever lived. They just do a better job of covering it up with a false air of Bohemianism and the like.

Most of the staff at the shelter were purged a couple of years back for embezzlement as well.
It's all a big racket.

I could start a thread on the mistreatment of the homeless in Washtenaw County, but it would probably do no good. The status quo is such that a few paltry words on an internet forum would have no real effect on the despicable goings on here, and elsewhere.
edit on 1/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I've read many threads on ATS and articles referring to people in Jail for the sole crime of oweing money..
Search US Debtors Prison and you will get many hits..

Debtors' prisons on the rise in the US
By David Brown
27 October 2010
Both the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Brennan Center for Justice released reports in early October on a disturbing trend in the American justice system: the abuse of jail sentences and probation to collect more money in fines for cash-strapped courts.

www.wsws.org...

There are many more examples...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As all police officers have taken an oath to protect and defend this Republic and the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND domestic we can only hope that one of them may join the ranks of many heroic whistle blowers and post screen captures or other documentation of these directives online and point out there location for all of us to see.

If anyone has come across such information please link it here.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_areAs someone who has had first-hand experience with homelessness at various times since 2001, I can tell you it is a fact that "the poor" are indeed being locked up for "being poor". Homeless "camps" in Ann Arbor are routinely broken up by the local police and people are routinely taken to jail simply for being a member of the lowest of the lowest class.

So you are saying that the police are arresting people for being homeless and poor or for trespassing, littering, violating vargancy laws, urinating in public, drunk an disorderly or panhandling etc...?

There is a huge difference - do the charges read - being poor?

If so they are being locked away for being poor - if they are actually charged with crimes then it's not for being poor its for violating that statute/law.

I'm not saying harassing the poor and homeless is ok - I'm just saying they are not locking them up for the crime of beeing poor. I usually shell out a few bucks for the panhandlers when I go into the city, which is more and more rare nowdays but I can see how if I owned a business or property they would start to piss me off and effect my business.

A lot of them claim to be vets too but can't answer the simplest questions about their service when I chat them up.
edit on 27/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

and we accept it because they are "criminals". We demonize a person based on fear, ostracizing them so that we have no sympathy for them when they are put behind bars. "Good riddance," we say. "They're criminals, they deserve it." The jokes on us though because it was meant for us the entire time. We accept it because it happens to someone else, which indoctrinates the public to accept it as normal, and then when it happens to them they come to the conclusion that they must be criminals themselves.

All evil is retroactive and will be returned in time.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

If so they are being locked away for being poor - if they are actually charged with crimes then it's not for being poor its for violating that statute/law.

OR, they ARE being locked up for being poor but the legal system is merely inventing other charges to cover the real reasons...
Or do you think the Justice System is trully just.???

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Absolutely "brilliant"!! Or maybe somehow wikileaks will help us out here. Thankyou op.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblackOR, they ARE being locked up for being poor but the legal system is merely inventing other charges to cover the real reasons...
Or do you think the Justice System is trully just.???

1) I am not trying to be argumentative just wanted to know if we had really stooped so low as to arrest people for being poor. Seems that is not the case to me; you are free to disagree.

2) No, I do not consider the system just that is why I was asking; however, vagrancy, trespassing, public nuisance and other laws don't seem to be unjust to be but then again I have never been homeless. I have spent a few nights under the stars; however, in some # hole countries and know what it is like to live in fear of having one's # hanging out there with no one but bad guys around - so I can sympathize there. I can't imagine being so helpless; especially with children or something - that would suck royally...

Seems to me the ACLU and their hit squads would be chomping at the bit to charge some municipality with criminalizing poverty - those persecuted should go to them for help getting some remedy if they feel wronged.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

So you are saying that the police are arresting people for being homeless and poor or for trespassing, littering, violating vargancy laws, urinating in public, drunk an disorderly or panhandling etc...?

No, I am not saying that.
Next...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

So you are saying that the police are arresting people for being homeless and poor or for trespassing, littering, violating vargancy laws, urinating in public, drunk an disorderly or panhandling etc...? There is a huge difference - do the charges read - being poor?

You are playing a very disingenuous game of semantics. Vagrancy is nothing more than wandering around from place to place without any visible sign of residency. That would fairly describe the homeless. Panhandling is begging for money on the streets, that would fairly describe an action that some poor people engage in.

vagrancy Law Definition n

A vague, poorly delineated set of minor offenses (dating from the downfall of feudalism in England, when there was an acute shortage of laborers), such as being in a condition of unemployment, wandering from place to place with no apparent purpose, and having no visible means of support. More recently, the police have utilized vagrancy statutes for arresting persons thought to have committed a crime, when lack of probable cause for the personÂ’s arrest is lacking. Vagrancy statutes have not been well received by the courts, due to their abuse, and have often been declared unconstitutional due to their vagueness, and their ignoring of due process.

law.yourdictionary.com...

An actual crime requires an actual victim. Who is the victim of vagrancy? Who is the victim of panhandling?

I'm not saying harassing the poor and homeless is ok

Yes you are. You're just pretending it is perfectly all right to do it under color of law.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: I forgot to provide a link to the definition

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I'm saying this, just not quite to the extent used in the film.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

2) No, I do not consider the system just that is why I was asking; however, vagrancy, trespassing, public nuisance and other laws don't seem to be unjust to be but then again I have never been homeless.

Isn't it odd that local councils suddenly enact those laws just prior to a major event in town??
Like hiding the mess??
I find that criminal in itself...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Isn't it odd that local councils suddenly enact those laws just prior to a major event in town??
Like hiding the mess??
I find that criminal in itself...

That's what I'm saying. Out of sight out of mind.

Just keep recycling them through the homeless shelters while at the same time continue to receive millions in funding to be used on nonexistent "programs" while grifting said funds all the while. Throw in local law enforcement to tidy up "those people" before any major or minor event that may draw lots of out-of-towners and what do you get?

Collusion.

Meanwhile people are literally dying from exposure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join