It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government promoted useless 'bomb detectors'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

UK government promoted useless 'bomb detectors'

news.bbc.co.uk

The government has admitted that the Army and UK civil servants helped market so-called "bomb detectors", which did not work, around the world.

Export of the "magic wand" detectors to Iraq and Afghanistan was banned on 27 January 2010 because of the threat they posed to British and allied troops.

The move followed a BBC Newsnight investigation showing they could not detect explosives - or anything else.

Now Newsnight has learned that they are still being sold around the globe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

the so-called detectors, which essentially consist of a radio aerial on a hinge attached to a plastic handle

Unbeleivable. whats worse is how much some of these peices of junk were being sold for

The manufacturer of another of the devices, the Alpha 6, has admitted to Newsnight that they make them for £11 and then they are sold for £15,000 each to the end user.

They are dowsing rods. being sold to military as 'explosive detectors' which may have led to the death of innocent people after failing to detect anything. this Ex-colonel deserve to go to prison for this

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-1-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I would dearly love to get my hands on the people who helped this ex forces scumbag get this product marketed. If I had my way I would pull out thier intestines and garrote them with thier own guts for this. This sort of blatant theft and fraud is one of the many reasons I cannot trust the mercenary and frankly barbaric methods of the arms industry .
I mean its not bad enough that the Military Industrial Complex has wars started purely to fund its shareholders, and that it invents new ways to kill people all day, as its stock in trade, but now they have a device which is marketed as a life saving device for removing bombs, which will inevitably result in convoys and patrols armed with this thing, running merrily to thier doom .
It breaks my heart that some of the people who helped promote this piece of crap are members of the UK government. It breaks my heart, but I am not suprised. Those amoral, wretched , degenerate wastes of genetic material keep stacking up reasons why all the good men and women of our nation should stand up and tear them asunder. The people in government keep giving us blatant excuses to rise, march on, and dismember parliment completely. Surely they know its just a matter of time before something breaks, and they end up nothing but ripped and torn flesh, and steaming entrails up the walls of the Houses of Parliment ? Its like they want to be destroyed and replaced, as if they are begging us to try.
I hope they stop soon, because much as I have no compunction about it should the need arise, I feel like one civil war per nation is probably enough, and we have had ours.

join