It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashing red light?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As I was walking home about... half an hour ago (so 6:15 PM my time)? I saw a rather strange aircraft in the sky, which was basically illuminated by a big red light, which flashed on and off, and nothing else. No white lights, no wing lights, no tail lights, just that one big one.

It was heading north, moving quite slowly and it was also followed by a helicopter, with two others crossing it's path where it disappeared over the horizon shortly after.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any aircraft that have those sort of lights, or any training manouvers that are happening in the NE right now?

I'm rubbish with aircraft, and it always does my head in when I see something like that and can't explain it. (Although I do like shouting I JUST SAW A UFO at people
)

I also tried to get a video, but it was too far away and the camera on my phone is useless

Anyone shed me some light on this? I'd be very grateful. If not, I'm blaming the ET's.

To add: Apparently the helicopters are out again. Gonna go grab my phone and tin-foil hat and see what I can see. (Y'know, coz it's not like I have anything else I should be doing...)
edit on 27/1/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
im no expert but i doubt they would send the choppers out to follow a ufo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I saw an object like that going extremely fast about a month ago

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We are seeing red flashing and weird aircrafts in the sky at the minute as i speak.! ( Netherlands. Groningen and Amsterdam) I;m trying to take a picture, but they are blurry. I'm still watching the sky right now. They are pretty big too. I think about 10 metrs?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh noes. *Facepalm* I shouldd know better... I said I was blaming the ET's in jest. Just before I get debunked for something that was a joke. I honestly would like to know what aircraft it is, and if there's some sort of training going on, that's all.

But yeah, the light was pretty big, so I'd say either the aircraft was large or it was closer than I thought. I'd guess large, as even when it went over the horizon it still looked big. So yeah. Large. I dunno, I wouldn't be freaked by it or anything, there's probably just some training going on. I don't think it's like... War or the Worlds or anything.

I've asked Neformore anyway. I'll see what he says. He knows a lot about aircraft.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here on planet earth, we call those strange flying things with flashing lights "airplanes".

Sometimes, these marvelous flying things are called "helicopters". The propeller goes 'round and 'round in a big circle!

They are usually driven by "humans" and use "aerodynamic lift" to make their way high into the sky.

They take off from places called "airports" and they go very fast!

Sometimes the airplanes carry people from place to place. Other times they carry cargo and goods like mail or perhaps industrial/commercial items.

Maybe someday, even you can fly in an airplane!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

OMG is there? We can fly? In... Things with lights?
I'm sorry, but that went way past me. See. Up North we don't have airports.

*Sigh*

Love the sarcasm, thanks.

But if you read the post properly... I was asking which type of aeroplane looks like that!

The alien thing was a joke!!! I can't stress that enough!

edit on 27/1/2011 by Ayana because: Excess clicking caused lots of faces. Facepalm.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i'v seen orange orb that was flashing and also vanishing at the same time in N.Y it was such a freaky sight

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Most (if not all) aircraft have a big red anti collision beacon on the bottom so that could be it, why the craft didn't have any other lights on though is difficult to explain. Maybe there was some kind of failure of the other lights.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That could explain why there were loads of helicopters around, maybe trying to help it land safely if there was a light failure? It was heading towards the airport, after all.

My mam thinks maybe some sort of military craft doing a drill, but I dunno. If there was a lights failure, it'll probably be on the news in the morning so I'll keep a lookout, see if anything is reported.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

that would probably explain why they needed the helicopters near by to help with safety for some reason or another because of a light failure

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If an aircraft loses its navigation lights, I would imagine thats an automatic abort/return to the airport - would probably be something on the local news about an emergency landing if that was the case. The press love stories about planes and emergencies.

I doubt it would have been military flying with lights out over a built up area near an airport. That way lies madness, and the military aren't stupid.

Was there any noise at all?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
no really, they where hovering on one spot, and a moment later one was flying very fast , they followd each other or something. With fast i mean even faster then a f16.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

You dont happen to live in the north east of england do you? If so then I seen somthing similar, maybe the same as what you seen?

It was around 5:45 ish I was heading home from work, I could only see 2 red lights slowly pulsating away, no other lights at all unlike a plane. At first I thought it was strange, but noticed it was flying on the same flight path as the planes take towards Newcastle Airport, then I just put it down to being a plane or helicopter because I doubt an alien craft would be landing at Newcastle Airport, but then again theres some weird folk live around these parts

edit on 27-1-2011 by Paulos because: one day I'll manage to make post without having to edit anything

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

YES! I'm a geordie too! Ahh! Someone else saw it

Erm... I forget what you said in the excitement... 2 seconds...

yeah, that's pretty much what I saw, too. Except just the one and about half an hour later. If it was an emergency landing, surely there wouldn't be more than one, which suggests it's some sort of aircraft, not a failure (but I'll check the news anyway). Did you see the helicopters as well?

reply to post by Neformore

That is true, yeah. I'm not sure about the noise, I had my headphones in. I could hear the helicopters but not much else. There were definitely no other lights but the big red one though, and there were definitely helicopters surrounding it. And it did, as Paulos said, look as though it was heading towards the airport. It was going in that direction over the horizon.

The helicopters were still buzzing round for a couple of hours afterwards, though.

edit on 27/1/2011 by Ayana because: Forgetting what I'm replying too...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If someone can make sense of this page (it is a list of the regulations for lights on uk aircraft) then we may get to the bottom of it.

link

Here is the whole document link
edit on 27-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Im not sure if I saw the helicopter but I did also see one red light earlier, further away, but I thought it was the same thing. The police do have a spotter plane which flies quite slowly, and I have seen the police helicopter and spotter plane flying around at the same time before. This has actually gabbed my attention now so I'll tell you exactly how I saw the light or lights tonight.

I work on the north side and drive through the tyne tunnel every day. On the way home tonight I was sitting in the traffic to go through the tunnel, southbound, when I noticed a red light in the sky in the distance. It was on the south side, hebburn or jarrow area maybe?. It was moving then it stopped, moved again for a while then stopped. I thought it was the police helicopter looking for someone because when they turn on the infared camera, you can normally only see a red light also maybe a small flashing light. Then I headed through the tunnel.

Coming out of the other side I was heading towards South Shields, thats when I saw the 2 slowly pulsating red lights, It looked quite low in the sky, I was driving behind them, the lights were heading out towards the sea which is the same path the planes take before turning back to head inland and land at the airport. I didnt notice any other lights or helicopters around at this time though. So was it the same light I saw twice or were they different things, Im not sure now
I'll have to keep an eye on the news and local paper aswell to see if anything is reported

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I live in Melbourne Australia and i was at the beach n saw a flashing red flying object in the sky at around 2 in the morning that day, it was moving extremely fast n went to one location and back again then dissapeared. first thing that came to mind was that it was probably a Ufo. I have a feeling it was now after reading this post.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Aircraft use a red flashing light at night.
The aspect of the viewer can cause it to look like it hovering as it turns when viewed from a distance.

Do not be dismissve though,
Even thought the night sky is filled with air craft.
Some of us have first hand experince that they are not all ordinary.

Bright points of light a mile or less have been seen by many with out the presence of a visable craft emiting them.
Mexico was going threw a lot of ufo activeity that is quite out there,
You might want to track them.
There seems to be less squashing of there videos.

But - If you now have worries at a great distance.
I would not suggest that you persue the issue.

The same view from 50 feet or less has much more intrusion on your world view.
But provides no more real sence of knowing to the indavidual.
Just more questions.

The truth is out there.
Take time to think about the real cost of it to our fealings of self are affected by these events.
Sometimes ingorance is bliss.

Respectfully,

1 101010
-Watcher

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Tonight 17th nov 2011, 6:30pm we were in the car on our way home, i was showing my daughter jupiter in the sky when i said oh look at the flashing red light thinking it was a plane or helicopter only to notice it was one big red light with a second red light flashing in the middle it was so clear you could really see the flashing red light in the middle slowly coming on and off again. I ve never seen anything like this there was no white flashing light like on a plane and to be honest iv never seen a plane or helicopter that is a huge red light! i only found and joined this site tonight after searching for what aircraft this could have been. I live in west yorkshire, england did anyone else see this was very low in the sky?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join