It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian State-backed massacre in Suez, Egypt... it's happening now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Tweet from:

USA PressSec
Robert Gibbs (EOP)

Very concerned about violence in Egypt - government must respect the rights of the Egyptian people & turn on social networking and internet

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
Rubbish, eh? We'll see! You can't tell me that if the people in the US, in a particular state, were to do what the Egyptian people are doing that the Internet would not be shutdown at the very least in that state and its major cities. If people were suddenly denied their 'benefits', fuel prices suddenly skyrocketed, and food prices did the same, would the people affected in America do the same thing that the Egyptians people are doing?

This is what YOU FIRST posted and my reply to your statement

Just heard on the news that this is a '...real security threat to the United States...'! Uh oh! If this continues to spiral out of control look for a national state of emergency to be imposed in the US, and soon! Internet access may likely be cut off and cell phone service as well.

My reply

Such rubbish and you keep repeating MSM rubbish

The Internet in the USA will NOT get shut down cuz of the riots in Egypt

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

RT @SAZ69CENT: American VP Biden says Mubarak is not a dictator. Yeah Biden Egyptians just have 30-year presidential terms

lmao @ Biden

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Egyptian student shows Al Arabiya year gas canister that says "Made in USA". "How can we allow this in Egypt?

Photo: yfrog.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CNBC anchor implies US must support dictators to keep cheap oil flowing
Published on 01-28-2011

Source: Raw Story

CNBC contributor Erin Burnett said Friday that oil prices would skyrocket if countries in the Middle East broke out from under the rule of brutal dictators.

Appearing on a Friday broadcast of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Burnett said that the ongoing revolution in Egypt could threaten US interests in the region due to Egypt's history as an ally on matters pertaining to Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan.

She added that as one of the most developed economies in the Middle East, it was surprising to see many of the society's wealthiest individuals supporting regime change. Tens of thousands of protesters across the country have taken to the streets the last few days, demanding President Mubarak resign.

"One more thing," Burnett remarked. "If this spreads, the United States could take a huge hit because democracy in a place like Saudi Arabia, you've talked about who might come in power, what that means for oil prices. They're going to go stratospheric."

"There's no doubt about it,' MSNBC host Joe Scarborough said. "No doubt about it!"

While the White House has been unusually quiet on the situation in Egypt, President Barack Obama said yesterday that Egypt's leaders must be more "responsive" to their people.

Vice President Joe Biden, during an appearance Thursday night on PBS, also claimed that President Mubarak was not a dictator and should not step down.

Mubarak has been in power for over three decades.

blacklistednews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Like I said, we will see! IF events in the Middle East continue on their present course, and the oil supply coming out of Egypt is disrupted, and prices of crude oil rise excessively (which is happening right now), which effects the cost of everything else, what makes you think that people in this nation, in any particular state, or any particular city, wouldn't do what those people in Egypt are doing? Riots happened in LA that are very similar to the situation in Egypt today, but the Internet was not a widely deployed then, but now is a different story, isn't it? Riots have been happening in other nations as well because the economic situation isn't improving there, and here, so what makes you think that this couldn't happen in the US somewhere?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

Egyptian student shows Al Arabiya year gas canister that says "Made in USA". "How can we allow this in Egypt?

Photo: yfrog.com...

Those are the American jobs you can believe in. We make a little food, we do a little industry, we do a super-sized amount of fast food, and we do even more in riot control gear and prevention of civic rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
reply to post by Ellen15

Like I said, we will see! IF events in the Middle East continue on their present course, and the oil supply coming out of Egypt is disrupted, and prices of crude oil rise excessively (which is happening right now), which effects the cost of everything else, what makes you think that people in this nation, in any particular state, or any particular city, wouldn't do what those people in Egypt are doing? Riots happened in LA that are very similar to the situation in Egypt today, but the Internet was not a widely deployed then, but now is a different story, isn't it? Riots have been happening in other nations as well because the economic situation isn't improving there, and here, so what makes you think that this couldn't happen in the US somewhere?

Your ORIGINAL COMMENT - that you took from CNN was : The internet in the USA would be SHUT DOWN by the US Government because of the demonstrations/protests in Egypt

That is what I objected to and called RUBBISH

The USA would NOT shut down the INTERNET in the USA because the people in Egypt are demonstrating/protesting

NOW you are shifting the GOAL POST

Americans WILL NOT take to the streets to demonstrate in large numbers to protest and support of what is happening in Egypt or any other Middle Eastern Country

I dont recall France, Iceland, Greece, Italy, Ireland or in the UK shutting down the internet or even facebook or twitter and telecommunication services when their citizens took to the streets to protest against spending cuts, tax rises and rising university fees/costs

US has been clear to the Government of Tunisia and Egypt, there position on internet black out and communications black out.. to turn it on

Personally I find the US Government quite hyprocritical - considering their steps in 2010 desperately trying to prevent release of information, flow of information and freedom of speech especially on the internet but only because the information would and has protrayed the US Foregin Policy quite disgustingly

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Update from Tunisian New Interim Government:

AntholoJ @weddady Tunisia new interim government used excessive violence today against peaceful protest many dead and injured reported.

Please Note:

There remains some politicans from the OLD regime in Tunisia who have stayed and were given positions by the NEW interim Government

Like Ive stated in other threads - The fight for the Tunisian people is NOT over by a long shot!

Do NOT believe corporate media reporting on behalf of the USA Government - 'The Tunisian people have a better and new government" - THEY ARE LYING!

The New interim government also tried to shut down communication only after days of announcing they would restore it and lectured the old regime for shutting down communication.. they did a 360% on the people big time

Protesting and demonstrating for a few days does not end thug regimes and years of oppression as the western corporations and governments are falsley protraying.. its just the BEGINNING of the end for the people and they know that, they know its not over and they have the guts and courage to keep fighting for justice, for freedom for liberty

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

"Your ORIGINAL COMMENT - that you took from CNN was : The internet in the USA would be SHUT DOWN by the US Government because of the demonstrations/protests in Egypt"

DO NOT MISINTERPRET THE THINGS I POSTED, SIR! THATS NOT WHAT I POSTED, SIR! REREAD THE POSTS, PLEASE, SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"That is what I objected to and called RUBBISH"

WHAT YOU'RE POSTING IS THE REAL RUBBISH, SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The USA would NOT shut down the INTERNET in the USA because the people in Egypt are demonstrating/protesting"

I DID NOT POST WHAT YOU POSTED! I POSTED THIS "Just heard on the news that this is a '...real security threat to the United States...'! Uh oh! If this continues to spiral out of control look for a national state of emergency to be imposed in the US, and soon! Internet access may likely be cut off and cell phone service as well." I POSTED THAT IF THE SITUATION CONTINUES TO SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL LOOK FOR A NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY TO BE IMPOSED IN THE US, AND I WILL STICK TO THIS UNTIL THE DAY I DIE! I POSTED THAT THE INTERNET MAY LIKELY BE CUT OFF ALONG WITH CELL PHONE SERVICE. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!

"NOW you are shifting the GOAL POST"

NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I POSTED, OR YOU ARE PURPOSEFULLY CHANGING WHAT I POSTED! QUOTE POSTS AS THEY ARE, OR SHUT UP!

"Americans WILL NOT take to the streets to demonstrate in large numbers to protest and support of what is happening in Egypt or any other Middle Eastern Country"

I DEFINITELY DID NOT SAY NOR IMPLY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU THAT STUPID?

"I dont recall France, Iceland, Greece, Italy, Ireland or in the UK shutting down the internet or even facebook or twitter and telecommunication services when their citizens took to the streets to protest against spending cuts, tax rises and rising university fees/costs"

I DON'T RECALL ANYTHING LIKE THAT EITHER, BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, NOR THE POSSIBLITY THAT IT WAS NOT REPORTED BY THE CORRUPT MSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"US has been clear to the Government of Tunisia and Egypt, there position on internet black out and communications black out.. to turn it on"

THEY SAY THAT THEY WANT IT TURNED BACK ON, SO WHY ISN'T IT BEING TURNED BACK ON? THE US WILL SAY WHATEVER IT HAS TO IN ORDER TO APPEAR TO BE NEUTRAL, BUT ARE THEY? NO!!!!!!!!

"Personally I find the US Government quite hyprocritical - considering their steps in 2010 desperately trying to prevent release of information, flow of information and freedom of speech especially on the internet but only because the information would and has protrayed the US Foregin Policy quite disgustingly"

I FIND THE US GOV TO BE COMPLETELY HYPOCRITICAL AS WELL. ON THIS POINT I AGREE, EVERYTHING ELSE YOU POSTED IS RUBBISH, AS YOU PUT IT!

signature:
DEBUNKED: Wikileaks Exposed - the Man behind the NWO - "The Open Society Foundations do not support Wikileaks.org" AWeil[at]sorosny.org - George Soros OSI Foundation Tax Report 2006 2007 2008 - No mention of Wikileaks in the tax report

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Be prepared for massive riots in 2011. One country at a time. We had the student riots in London in December 2010. We had a Tunisia revolution a short time later. Now the people of Egypt are revolting against another opressive regime.

Be prepared for things to get nasty this upcoming year.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
posted by LanMan54

I DID NOT POST WHAT YOU POSTED! I POSTED THIS "Just heard on the news that this is a '...real security threat to the United States...'! Uh oh! If this continues to spiral out of control look for a national state of emergency to be imposed in the US, and soon! Internet access may likely be cut off and cell phone service as well."

I POSTED THAT IF THE SITUATION CONTINUES TO SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL LOOK FOR A NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY TO BE IMPOSED IN THE US, AND I WILL STICK TO THIS UNTIL THE DAY I DIE! I POSTED THAT THE INTERNET MAY LIKELY BE CUT OFF ALONG WITH CELL PHONE SERVICE. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!

You're suggesting with the crisis in Egypt - The USA WILL shut down the internet in the USA

Im saying the US will NOT shut down the internet inside the USA because of the current crisis in Egypt

Lets get something straight here
You are terrified the internet will be shut down in the USA because of the current situation in Egypt

The people of Egypt are NOT afraid
The internet and telecommunications blocked in Egypt has NOT stopped the people of Egypt one bit!

Internet or no Internet, The people of Egypt took to the streets!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Snippet:

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Be prepared for massive riots in 2011.
One country at a time.
Be prepared for things to get nasty this upcoming year.

You wont see anything like this in the USA this year

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join