It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Green Goop Falls From Sky in NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Mysterious Green Goop Falls From Sky in NY

abcnews.go.com

I never heard of any thing like this. Has it happend to you? And if it did, details please.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Did any body hear about this "green goop" that fell on houses in New York. They say it's bird droppings but I'm not sure that explination works. I live in the country and have thousands upon thousands of geese pass over my house twice every year and nothing like this ever happened. Some people speculated that it might be droppings from an air liner, witch I thought that was plausible but according to the FAA, it was not the case. What ever else could it be? Could it be COnTrail nozzle malfunction? Or do you think it really is just bird droppings. I for one would have that stuff analized. So if you have any thing to add. Please don't be shy.
Thanks.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-1-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I read about this a few days ago on here there may be a simular thread somewhere. But to add yes it is odd.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i saw a few kids spitting loogies from the top of the empire state building not long ago

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here are the 2 other threads about the Goo...
the first one that was started is... www.abovetopsecret.com... and the one a few days later is www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I thought I did too but I can't seem to find it. Ah well I hope they delve into that a little deeper in the upcoming days. I would really like to know what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Portlandia

Aaah! Thank you. I was typing in "goop" I guess that's why it never came up. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

could this be a result of corexit?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Goop, goo... whatever it is it sure sounds gross! No problem

I think this is worth keeping tabs on & add to the list of other bizarre stuff happening.
The other threads have some good posts in there. It would be nice to find a follow up to this story, it's been a week now since the story first came out. You'd think the tests would have come back, or at least their bogus explanation would be concocted by now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I am north of the NY border by about 15 minute but I am about 5 hours from this location. I have never seen anything like this before.

I just checked outside and we have been getting better weather in my region and there are no icicles.

It appears this was a centralized event that was not widespread. I have no idea what could cause this, but I would not think it is a good thing. Who knows maybe it is a common event and a member can help clear it up for us.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, so either Nickelodeon's lab blew up making the next Gak goo or silly puddy....or....dare I say it? should I say it? why the hell not....

CHEMTRAIL RESIDUE!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Portlandia

Corexit? I don't know enough about corexit, like its evaporation temperature and what not, for a proper hypotheses. But who know, it could very well be. God knows they pumped enough of that stuff in the gulf....sheesh!!

As for the explination, if it really is something we probably won't hear anything any way. With all the stuff that's been happening now "O" days I wouldn't be supprised if it gets covered up. But on the other hand if it ends up being cool-aid from a Super Soaker, we probable won't hear anything either.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Do birds poop while in flight?I honestly don't know if they can.usually they are perched or in a hover mode when going to the bathroom....does anybody know??

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

CHEMTRAIL RESIDUE!!!! Very dramatic Skywatcher2011
Why not. I did wright a little something about that in my opening paragraph. "ChemTrail Nozzle malfunction" or something to that effect or maybe CHEMTRAIL NOZZLE MALFUNCTION
Well anyway any input is welcome.
edit on 27-1-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Yes they do. They have no sphincter control...or no sphincters....
what ever...yes they do poop in flight

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yeah, I have no idea about the corexit stuff either??? Another member mentioned that.
Not sure, if we will get much of a follow up for it. But I have family keeping their ears open. I was born and raised in that area, and all my family are still there. I've been checking on the area news sites, hoping for a little blurb of follow up. The home owners will have to get told some sort of explanation, and when they do even if it doesn't get any news coverage, folks talk, word will spread. We'll hear something at some point.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

hahahahah
yeah, we both know what's going on here...and we like to say it out in style

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I do not understand what the big deal is here.

Simple logic and protocol.

Take sample, put sample in sterile container, send to lab for analysis, wait for results.

No sense in crying wolf until you know what something is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

In order to witness mess like this, caused by birds, you have to live in an Urban environment with lots of fast food and snack bars, places that either discard food waste themselves, or cause food waste to be disposed of by the customer, in a uncivillised manner.
What happens is that birds like pidgeons, gulls, and other scavengers come down, chow down on unhealthy high calorie food, and then literaly blow it out thier butts mid flight.
The colour difference between what you see in the country ,and what you would see in the bird droppings in an urban environment is down to diet.
Now obviously most folk dont witness an event of this size related to bird droppings, but the colour can certainly be explained by the unhealthy diets of birds which feed in urban environs. The flock must have all snacked on the same thing (perhaps an empty trash disposal out back of an eatery) and then got airborne before having a damned good poop, all over the freakin place.
Mind you , I dont understand why local government havent sent out a scientific advisor to take samples and run some simple tests on the substance. I mean it wouldnt take the most stringent genius in science to figure out what the stuff is !

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by XLR8R

In order to witness mess like this, caused by birds, you have to live in an Urban environment with lots of fast food and snack bars, places that either discard food waste themselves, or cause food waste to be disposed of by the customer, in a uncivillised manner.
What happens is that birds like pidgeons, gulls, and other scavengers come down, chow down on unhealthy high calorie food, and then literaly blow it out thier butts mid flight.
The colour difference between what you see in the country ,and what you would see in the bird droppings in an urban environment is down to diet.
Now obviously most folk dont witness an event of this size related to bird droppings, but the colour can certainly be explained by the unhealthy diets of birds which feed in urban environs. The flock must have all snacked on the same thing (perhaps an empty trash disposal out back of an eatery) and then got airborne before having a damned good poop, all over the freakin place.
Mind you , I dont understand why local government havent sent out a scientific advisor to take samples and run some simple tests on the substance. I mean it wouldnt take the most stringent genius in science to figure out what the stuff is !

just extending some simple logic here, if it's because of their diet, then why isn't it like this all the time? or at least, some other times besides this one?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join