It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Love Have a Law of Conservation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
According to Laws of Conservation neither energy nor matter can be destroyed, but it can be altered. So I have wondered if Love is not also the same.

Love is a powerful emotion that is both electric and blinding, to some degree, of other feelings and observations. People in love will look past various conditions that would normally cause them to pass on such a relationship. We see past faults of all kinds. But I have also noticed something else...

There are varying degrees of love in relationships ranging from passing fancy all the way up to absolute souls bound for all eternity. The love that we have can be for material possessions, friends, family, animals and of course partners in a relationship.

It would also seem that not everyone can benefit (or is cursed by some opinions) of being in love. If you look at the people around you, not everyone is in a relationship of some sort. Some of those that are will break up while others will enter into new relationships. Is there a finite amount of love going around?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A very interesting take onto it.

Some see love as a force....and Newton's famous laws state that all forces are equal and opposite to each other...

I hope it's not finite...we need all the love we can get

edit on 27-1-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I Googled a few words that this post made me think of, hoping to find something by Shakespeare or some other great poet, which might convey my thought....

Instead I found what appears to be a blog entry... And some very beautiful and true words...

How is love so transient if love endures the winter cold and the summer heat? Are we truly in love or merely fond of the new which has intersected with the old? The further down sweet lovers lane we go, there is the inevitable realization that all, is as before. The once beautiful new has become the disenchanted lullaby of old. The dream was just another nightmare hiding between the sheep.

Why is love so transient? Because emotions are as stable as the oceans — always coming — always going — never staying — always leaving. We are all too familiar with hate because it has been called love for so long we can’t remember the unflinching, unconditional, steady as she goes — enduring nature of true love.

And so it is, and so it’s always been. But will it always be? Such is the futures mystery. Born in love, but bred in hate. We come in love — we go in hate. What is the price of love when hate is all we can afford?

Source

I don't know if these are the words of this blogger.. .or if s/he borrowed them from elsewhere. But these are words that resonate with me.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hate to break it but... I don't think love is a force in the physical sense of the word. So therefore I don't think it would have a Law of conservation, no.

Feelings are a complex set of chemical reactions in the brain if you ask me, and I don't think there's anything attached to that, because... If there was it wouldn't be as easy to break it up. People do things for love they wouldn't usually do, but... I'm unromantic. It's chemicals. Be all and end all. I'll get flamed for that, but it's the explanation I think suits.

So, in answer to your question, no.

(P.S. I only replied coz no one else will)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If there is a finite amount of love going around, would it also make sense that there is a finite amount of hate, anger, happiness, sadness, kindness, etc too? If they are forces that can be altered, can they be altered to only to their diametric opposite? This is a thought provoking idea and while I think it's far fetched it is something to think about.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Love to me,and the quest for it,is born into us just as the question of is there a god.
It is in my opinion much like trying to get closer to a higher power regardless of wether or not we are doing it subconsciously or not.

Being in love is like having a small piece of heaven afterall.
edit on 27-1-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Interesting question.

Will have to ponder this, maybe some of the answers may give us some idea.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind after reading the OP was a little sentiment I ran across the other day:

"Love is like a teacup that every day falls on the ground and breaks to pieces.
In the morning, the pieces are gathered, and with a little wet and a little warmth, the pieces are glued together and again there is a little teacup. He who is in love spends life fearing that the terrible day will come when the teacup is so broken that it can no longer be mended."

~SubComandante Marcos

Love is a fragile thing indeed...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Since the beginning of the written word, ... many have tried to define, and understand this thing called Love,

At the end of the day it simply is, and it is not confined to relationships alone but to mankind and even our own relationship to ourselves.

Perhaps love is an overused, general word, ..... but it is much more than that, .... and perhaps only when you feel it, ... can we grasp at its meaning.

There is as much Love in the world as humanity can imagine.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sadly I feel most have not or ever will experience true love .I believe most are not capable .What passes for love these days is sad , in litterature today even a sexual one night stand is called a lover ? I have been blessed to have married the woman of my minds eye and dreams .It was love at first sight and we both knew who we were to each other as if we had known each other for life .We were married in six months .When we first met she was moving back home overseas which she did for a short time to tidy up her life ends in Sweden.This woman moved to the otherside the world to share her life with me . We both know we have been together before and when it is all said and done will be again and have pledged too .I am truly blessed and in absolute awe of this beautiful soul .I only wish this for others !
edit on 27-1-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

i think i disagree with all of that heff and ill tell you why.

because with the expection of one i still care deeply for all of my exs and wish them nothing but happyness .

iv gotten over the bitterness of being broken hearted and can honestly say that i love them yet now what was the feeling of being inlove has somehow transformed into the kind of love you would feel for a lost sister or brother or maybe even the ones that you still talk to .....
edit on 27/1/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I believe that if everybody were to fall in love with everybody that nothing constructive would ever get done and society would collapse.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Love is simply a biochemical reaction to the hormone Oxytocin. So, as that chemical does have to obey the laws of conservation, it stands to reason that love by proxy also obeys the law of conservation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Human beings are the fountain head of the infinite source of energetic transmutation. There is only a restriction to love if we make it so. It is the responsibility of a "light worker" to take the energy of a chaotic situation and transmute it to a higher vibration towards love - True, pure love is the highest vibration possible within this physical universe.

For exmaple - Between 2 people - a triggered argument that leaves 1 side of the situation angry, they strike out at you with all the concealed hate, anger and rage that they have gathered and repressed during past experiences that are in same way relative to this current situation.

You inhale that blow into your energy body - within seconds you begin formulating automatic protections and responses that have served you in the past relative to situations like this one. In these critical moments of emotional outburst you have the ability to change the program.

Breathe - Remember - This is not the same situation. Find the harmony.

Transmutation is why we are here and the human race as a whole has been dealing with the ricochets of negative energetic strikes that belong to our ancestors, we are still dealing with the failed transmutations of the past, and we continue to fail - albeit less and less.

We have the power to halt the avalanche of negativity.

We are reaching a critical point in life - Where we are now able to do the inner work more then ever. One by one the work is starting to take hold, I'm not sure if we are going to catapult into a constant situation of love love love, but balancing the equation for now would be an optimistic intention. Lets make it so.

I love you

Blessings,

-G

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I will reply with my two favorite quotes about love, both are Shakespeare.

"Love from one side hurts, but love from two sides heals"
"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better"

I always loved these two quotes. They can mean love between anyone, not just a romantic partner. No matter what anyone says, everyone wants to be and feel loved.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Love? Don't know that you can quantify it or rationalize it really.

Anyway, take it away Penny ...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Love is simply a biochemical reaction to the hormone Oxytocin. So, as that chemical does have to obey the laws of conservation, it stands to reason that love by proxy also obeys the law of conservation.

Eh I would rather my tax return go to the national debt than to my ex wife, so, sure, I would donate my tax return to paying off the national debt. - wuk

I see now why you feel this way - our wounds from relationships are often deep - but we 'can' heal them, and be soothed by others if we are brave enough to become vulnerable again.

new topics

top topics

join