It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport bans toy soldier's three-inch rifle from plane... because it's a safety threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If any of you are interested, the real reason why weapons or objects that people would perceive as an effective weapon (even when they aren’t) are not allowed onto a plane, is because people are discouraged from fighting someone with a weapon in their hand.

Believe it or not, and I will argue this all day if anyone fancies it, you are far more dangerous with your bare hands than with many of the improvised weapons or even purpose-built melee weapons that you could think of. If someone attempts to hijack a plane, or otherwise try to coerce someone into doing something without a weapon, then invariably a large number/percentage of people would challenge them. If however they are carrying say, a knife or a hammer, then fewer people would attempt to stop them.

If fewer people challenge you, then you are more likely to succeed. That is all it boils down to, not the practical effectiveness of a weapon but the perceived effectiveness of a weapon.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks ill remember that next time i want to get off the plane early.......
How about a handfswizle stick?
The dangerous one they give you that look like mini swords....
get back! ive got a swizzle stick and i know how to use it!
\
s

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
In Canada. I traveled a few years back from Ottawa to the west coast and a friend gave me a keepsake from my mining days. It was a memento of three core samples from a diamond drill glued together as a center piece. when the stuff went through the machine the attendant told me sir is there strange stuff in your suitcase I said no just clothes and gifts. he said well something looks weird those long things. AH I replied the core samples! I will show you I opened and showed him .Said they are from a mine test site but solid rock glued together . He wiped his brow and said thanks I just couldn't figure it out . You have plenty of time for your flight and have a good one!
That is how its done in Canada! Innocent and proven harmless. No Hassles . Love our airport team!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ROFL oh please, this is rich, just wait and see, she probably bought it with cash, and will wind up on some terrorist watch list or something dumb like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join