It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport bans toy soldier's three-inch rifle from plane... because it's a safety threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Airport bans toy soldier's three-inch rifle from plane... because it's a safety threat

www.dailymail.co.uk

Ken Lloyd was stunned when he was told he could not go on the plane with the nine-inch model soldier because it was carrying a 'firearm'.

The Canadian tourist and his wife had bought the toy, which holds a replica SA80 rifle, during a visit to the Royal Signals Museum at Blandford Camp in Dorset.

But when he tried to take the £135 keepsake through Gatwick Airport in his hand luggage it triggered a security alert at the scanners.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just when you think airport "security" measures coudn't POSSIBLY get any more idiotic and daft, along comes another doozy such as this which just boggles the mind...

So now a toy soldiers 3 inch rifle constitutes a threat to the airport goon squads? Just like the NAIL CLIPPERS of armed troops being confiscated as "potential weapons" as they attempted to come home recently.

One thing's for sure, these awesome "security check points" never seem to let us down for entertainment, or making us feel as if our world has truly gone insane, or is taking stupid pills. lol.

Unreal...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Could be worse I suppose , these idiots could be flipping burgers down at your local mickyD's . Now there's a scary thought ...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Eventually all passengers will have to be locked into their seats, arms bound, feet clamped and heads covered with hoods for the duration of the flight.

At least that would be the logical conclusion of these assinine measures.

Either that or they admit to being morons and pull back some.

And how often do these people ever admit to being wrong?

Authority will always choose to fall on the sword than admit defeat. It only encourages them that it's us who actually take the blade to the gut for their idiocy.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In Capitalist America, toys kill YOU!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
next step is banning t-shirts with weaponry on it, or any kind of violent message.
i used to play with g.i. joes on planes bc i was a bored ten year old, i wouldve thrown a fit if they told me the toy was dangerous. if they told me that the piece of plastic shaped like a tiny assault rifle was dangerous, i would ask them, what isnt? i could theoretically strip off my belt, or underwear and strangle someone with it, but cant bring a small plastic toy?

bassackwards

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You have go to be kidding - just when you think its can't get it more idiotic - it does!

Hope Barbie does't have a pistol in her purse

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yup, crazy.... how ridiculous.

Perhaps this is just a knee-jerk over reaction to the bloke who was caught smuggling guns into the UK via Manchester just recently, 80 or so I believe ... $500 a piece in the US, £5000 a piece to anyone in the criminal fraternity. On one occasion he was stopped on the US side but talked his way through security....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This whole thing is getting ridicoulus!
About a month ago, I accidentally brought aboard a razor blade in by computer bag. It was never discovered by security. I work as an electrician, and usually carry tools when I work. I cleared out my tools before going to airport, but accidentally left in the razor blade. They never cought it. I discovered later that it was there when looking for something in my bag at the hotel room, and thought "OH MY GOSH". LOL but they did give me one of those full body scans and discovered that I had a dime in one of my pockets. They made a big deal of it, and patted me down. Meanwhile my bag with a razor blade sat at the end of the conveyor belt receiving no attention at all. I dont want to give details of how I accidentally did this because I dont want real terrorist to read this and get any ideas.
Long story short, why are we focusing on stupid things like toys and objects, when real dangerous objects can still be easily brough aboard. Perhaps we should all just board naked, and be given full cavity searches. Thats the only way they will ever make it 100% safe.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Could be.

That guy could have developed a shrink ray that shrunk real guns down to toy size and when he got on the plane he was going to enlarge it to full functional size.

Any one of you could secretly have a shrink ray. I'm not willing to take that risk.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I just wanted to note that these are the pin heads who have now taken over our health care. They are going to sit on panels and centrally decide everyone's health care.

Homeland Security can't tell the difference between a toy gun from a real just like the "zero tolerance" public school officials. Would it make anyone feel safe to have public school officials keeping the Republic safe?

There is a mental illness that strikes the brains of people who work for the government. It runs through every effort and organization that is controlled by the government. Large Corporations can suffer from the same bureaucratic insanity. The large organization can not see the forrest from the trees; the soiclist collective can not see the individual from the masses. Hence, insane abuse of the individual is guarenteed.

Connecting the dots, we are gonners.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That's disgusting about what now is being constituted a weapon? C'mon, a toy soldier's gun?

Next thing you know people, the belt that you wear around your waste will be considered a weapon too because maybe you will choke someone out. Guaranteed you'll be walking into the plane holding your pants up next time you travel.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
More silly things to
over...

What a back to front world we live in..

I am honestly not sure how much more I can stand of these jobsworths..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the moronic security agent doesn't even know the definition of a firearm.. a toy replica of a firearm is not a firearm!! when people like that gain power/authority all is lost.. short of a global pandemic that affects only those with IQ's below 100

A firearm is a device which projects either single or multiple projectiles at high velocity through rapid, confined burning of a propellant. This process of rapid burning is technically known as deflagration. In older firearms, the propellant was typically black powder or cordite, but modern firearms use smokeless powder or other propellants. Most modern firearms (with the notable exception of smoothbore firearms) have rifled barrels to impart spin to the projectile for improved flight stability. --- from wikipedia

Definition of FIREARM
: a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms-- from mirriam-webster

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What's new?

There have been stories of toy guns getting kids suspended from schools under their zero tolerance policies for at least a year now, and that does include those little 2" keychain toys. I swear I remember some earlier than 2010, but can find any at the moment.

One from last year: www.kptv.com...
Another: www.huffingtonpost.com...

The world's lost its damn mind: What I ask you, is new?

edit on 1/27/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Several of my extended family members work in the local school system here . About two weeks ago , a second-grader was suspended for pointing his finger at another kid and pretending it was a gun and said "pow pow" .

Playground supervisor snatched the poor guy up and took him straight to the principle's office . Mom was called and told to come pick him up , he had violated the "zero-tolerance" policy of the school .

I swear to god .

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by eNumbra

Several of my extended family members work in the local school system here . About two weeks ago , a second-grader was suspended for pointing his finger at another kid and pretending it was a gun and said "pow pow" .

Playground supervisor snatched the poor guy up and took him straight to the principle's office . Mom was called and told to come pick him up , he had violated the "zero-tolerance" policy of the school .

I swear to god .

You don't have to swear to anybody; I know I've seen a couple of those stories before as well. Thank you for adding, it continues to reinforce the world's gone batty notion.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I mentioned this on another thread ..... last time I went through Heathrow I went through security, all clear, then on the secure side went to one of the restaurants where they handed me a metal knife to eat my lunch.

There was nothing between me and the plane to stop me taking it on board.

Please somebody explain

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Just learned that the Daily Mail is the UK's equivalent to the National Enquirer...I call BS on this story.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow . . . the whole world has gone mad. Sad times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join