It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Social Security the next thing to be cut or taken away?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Why should I have to pay for those people who abuse the system. Actually it is hard to get on it; many times a person will have to get a lawyer. It is only a small percent that may be on it by faking something it is certianly not the norm.
Actually I would love to work full time. If I could work full time I would make $50,000 per year by now. I have a bachelors in communications.
I am just not willing to be sick 4 out of 7 days a week. I agree that lazy people should not get SS but they get welfare which is entirely different. By the time I was 10 years old I was taking care of my 3 younger sisters. My mom worked full time and so did my dad so it was up to me. Believe me when you have 3 children looking to you for protection, meals and support being sick is on the back burner. I started baby sitting at 12 years old and made my own money for clothes or books. I have worked hard for a long time and when I was off the shots it was almost like some sort of withdrawl.
I do not agree with laziness of people lying. I hate that the few apples spoil the whole bunch!
edit on 27-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hard work never killed anyone. Yours is a great story, it's told every day. I don't toot my own horn. My beliefs are my own. But I refused to be considered disabled. I could still work, love, laugh, hug my kids, my wife. . . . can't jump out of planes anymore, but hey, can't do everything.
I love to hear stories like yours though, it shows backbone, a spirit that can't be defeated.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by beezzer

I really don't want to be rich. I want to be sucessful as well. I am not sure how to when I have tried creating my own businesses and finding a job that pays more. Time will tell I will keep trying.
I really want to know what will happen though in the mean time to social security.

Last post of the night, I'm beat!
The Hershey brothers failed their first 3 times they tried to make a chocolate company. They went bankrupt 3 times.
Success is 99% persperation and 1% inspiration. No one said it would be easy. But it can be done. Never give up. Fight for every moment, every day.

And don't worry about SS. Because you should have bigger plans, better plans.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know that but I am just afriad for my present and immeidiate future. If I have no present or immeidate future then I don't have a future.
I will never give up because I know there is better for me out there but I also think of all those elderly and other disabled people what will they do?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Why should I have to pay for those people who abuse the system. Actually it is hard to get on it; many times a person will have to get a lawyer. It is only a small percent that may be on it by faking something it is certianly not the norm.

I didnt say ONE thing about YOU other than I wasnt judging you. The only way my post would apply to you is if you were one of the abusers.

Faking it isnt the whole issue.. its bogus conditions and bogus diagnosis which qualify someone for SS. THATS why you will never find a true percentage of those who are truly not entitled to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Hard work never killed anyone. Yours is a great story, it's told every day. I don't toot my own horn. My beliefs are my own. But I refused to be considered disabled. I could still work, love, laugh, hug my kids, my wife. . . . can't jump out of planes anymore, but hey, can't do everything.
I love to hear stories like yours though, it shows backbone, a spirit that can't be defeated.
Thanks.

TY.. go get some sleep.. there's lotsa conspiracy theorizing to be done!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I know that but I am just afriad for my present and immeidiate future. If I have no present or immeidate future then I don't have a future.
I will never give up because I know there is better for me out there but I also think of all those elderly and other disabled people what will they do?

Well, we dont keep close in extended families anymore. We dont care for our own elderly and they are largely forgotten. Thats a burden that the state seems to have to take up because there seems to be no more family unit, cohesion, or care for our our people. I dont know what will happen really and I can imagine that the prospect of losing your way of life is frightening.. but you cant get money from a rock. We're broke and its not gettting any better. I can onlyimagine what will be done with SS.. but yu can bet it wont be supplying adequate care for our old and sick citizens. Obama mentioned cutting medicare.. how will the elderly afford their overpriced medications? Energy is rising.. how do our elderly living on pennies a day afford to heat or cool their homes.. when many die even in this day because they must make choices between medicine or food and heat.

It all disgusts me. We SHOULD get back to having real family units who care for their own or euthanasia will appear merciful in the future.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by dreamseeker

You're telling me Social Security ins't a myth..?

Wow - I always figured it was just an old folk-lore passed down through the generations...

So, how is it, living beneath that rock that has been your home for so long? You actually thought social security was a myth? Unbelievable the mentality of kids these days. If not for social security I would have starved to death long ago.

LOL! I think he was being sarcastic.

My mom is getting up there in age.. still working. SHe says she will work until she drops dead because she has no choice.. but we all know thats wishful thinking. I will have her in my home to care for.. Im not abotu to see her struggle like that if I can help it and we arent living in a box ourselves by that point.. Im the only child.
I told her she best get control of her knick knack hoarding habit and get rid of the cat because I dont like knick knacks .. and HATE cats.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I honestly believe the government wants all the systems to fail for whatever reason. I just feel as if we are being lied to by the government.
To me it is similar to what Hitler did get people angry at one group in particular, have them take the blame and then the people will support the agenda.
Here it seems the governments wants Social Security to take a partial blame for the economic mess by doing this people will become outraged until one day they demand social security be cut. Then when the government cuts it or reduces it they will say we only did what the people wanted.
I believe it is a governments duty to take care of their own people.Look at Africa that is what you get when a government turns away from their own people. I would rather get social security than to ever go back to living with my dad. It was a mini dictatorship. This is why programs like this should continue because famalies can be dysfunctional and abuse. My mom helps me from time to time but I love living on my own. I am sure many people want this from themselves as well; their own home and independence.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Does anyone else see a deeper consiracy here possibly?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Who in the world do I trust anymore? If they try to cut the benefits then they should cut everyone's pay. (all citzens including government). Then lower the cost of living. Where is common sense in the government?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just thought of something what if these fema camps are there for the 50 million americans on social security and/or the unemployed when there is no way for us to support ourselves? What if 80 million people have no income. There would be choas right? It makes me wonder if the government knew everything would fall apart. Instead of fixing the problem they decided to build these fema camps, have new regulations that allow for martial law etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How selfish and disgusting capitalism is.at least the one Bush brought in. They can take away your life supoprt savings now, without your consent, so they can get fatter and buy more expensive homes and cars

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

The New Deal was great. FDR pulled us out of a mess with the New Deal. I liked his ideas of the second bill of rights.Do some more research on the second bill of rights. It really was something I wish we had now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
They msut want us al to be broken and homeless after 65*

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I agree or if we are disabled. I theorized in a post earlier that maybe this is just another way to reduce the population or to control us. If having social security is said to control. Imagine how much more control a government would have if 30% of the poplution has no income.
Those FEMA camps sure would start to look better for all the disabled, seniors and unemployed. At least there would be food, a roof over our heads and some sort of clothes.
edit on 27-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Thats classy, someone who paid into the system for 20 years is a leech but I am sure you love all the war spending and banker bailouts that have been happening since your daddy Bush was in office, I never thought I would see the day in this country when the majority would say let grandma starve but give the bankers bigger bonuses yet here we are.

You write like a person who has never encountered hardship in your life, one day that will change and karma will give you what you deserve, I really hope that when you turn comes to need a helping hand that you will reflect on your cruelty.

I pay about 7 grand a year in ss taxes and you better believe that I would rather invest that in silver or gold but unlike you, I would sure as hell rather give it to the laziest third generation welfare recipient than hand it over to death dealers and bankers.

Is the system broken and unfair? absolutely! but I am a lot more willing to have my money go to someone that actually needs it as opposed to a billionaire, you seem to have the opposite preference without taking into account that your idols at JP Morgan chase make money with every foodstamp dollar spent, could it be that they would create conditions that lead to more foodstamp usage?

Before you go off saying that I am a recipient of government aid know that, thankfully I have never received food stamps, SSI or welfare.

When your time comes, remember to go ask a banker for help and not your fellow Americans!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Buddy, the best advice I can give you is to stock up on what you need to survive, the heartless people on these forums and around this country would rather burn you alive than give you some bread and water, there will be no mercy for people like you.

You see they are too stupid to see who the real enemy is, they think its the poor and never realize that the bankers created a subculture of poor in this country so that they could use them as a vehicle to line their pockets, they claim to be smarter but somehow they blame the poor who are powerless for all of our problems.

Buy seeds and grow some food because thats going to be the main way the go after what little money you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join