It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Personal Discovery Worth Sharing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Abe7Fig

That is a very profound experience! I thought it a very unique and beautiful way of describing our reality.Ty for sharing!

I definitely can sympathize with your anxiety --- it was actually when I was in my first semester of University that I became I aware that I suffered from pretty crippling anxiety attacks too. I'm from a really small town --- and I think I was overwelmed by so many new people (who all seemed so be so confident and to have much better social skills than I) and probably all those awful group presentations! In my 2nd year I tried to chose courses without them --- but lol it was impossible! Thank God for flatmates, or I'd have become a hermit.

It’s taken quite a few years but I eventually came to a similar conclusion. (I realized that even on a purely physical level we're all part of a much greater whole.) Ie. We're all part of the earth which is part of the galaxy which is part of the Universe --- which all probably originated from one source.

I’m happy that you’re more in control of your anxiety. It took me a long time to regain the confidence to socialize within groups of people without fear. Be kind to yourself --- and understand that most of the time nothing bad will ever happen. I think my greatest fear was to look like a fool in front of others --- but I eventually realized that even if I did --- I’m the only one who would care.

I know that there are idiots out there that can be more malicious. But even though I’m far from perfect, I try not to be miserable or demeaning to other people. And since I don’t respect the way these dummies treat others, I couldn’t care less what they think about me. In fact ... if they were to approve of me --- I’d probably want to rethink the way I was conducting myself.

I do agree that this world we live in --- isn’t our “true” reality. There’s a popular saying that we are “spiritual beings inhabiting a physical body.” Through my own study and healthy dose of plagiarism from other wiser people--- I’ve come to believe that this statement feels true to me. We’ve projected a small part of ourselves onto this plane of existence to experience the world --- and we have a choice of how we interpret our experiences. At the end of the day we will return back to our spirit hopefully a little richer from our experiences.

(Still I know that terrible, negative things happen all the time --- and I often become disheartened --- but I think these negative things occur because many have taken their free will and with it chosen to cause harm or oppress other people. There’s many reasons why people would chose to do this, I know it’s not all black and white --- but the end result is that they are severely limiting the free will of others)

My brother (who is actually the music director at his church) and I were discussing this the other day. And the poor guy, who was always so religious, has now, after many years of witnessing hundreds of tedious sermons (a fate worse torture! lol) and even worse all the hypocrisy that goes on behind the scenes --- was quickly losing his faith. And so he looked to the family atheist lol, for insight, only to find that I’m now more spiritually inclined than he is, lol. (I’m not into structured religions --- at all! But I’ve come to accept myself as a spiritual person.)

And anyway, we ended up agreeing that none of us really knows anything 100%---and most of us are just struggling to do the best we can do --- and in doing so to not infringe upon other people who just trying to do the same thing.

To conclude this way too long post, (sorry!) if you have time --- I recommend checking out a couple of free documentaries: Imho, this guy is awesome and he really influenced the way I look at the world! I enjoy it because he takes a more scientific approach to the subject

Dr. Bruce Lipton - The New Biology - Where Mind and Matter Meet:

video.google.com...#

and also a really interesting interview with the Professor:

www.youtube.com...

Brief Description of the first video from google. (Google just explains it so much better than I do! Lol)

Recent advances in cellular science are heralding an important evolutionary turning point. For almost fifty years we have held the illusion that our health and fate were preprogrammed in our genes, a concept referred to as genetic determinacy. Though mass consciousness is currently imbued with the belief that the character of one's life is genetically predetermined, a radically new understanding is unfolding at the leading edge of science. Cellular biologists now recognize that the environment, the external universe and our internal physiology, and more importantly, our perception of the environment, directly controls the activity of our genes. This video will broadly review the molecular mechanisms by which environmental awareness interfaces genetic regulation and guides organismal evolution.

edit on 29-1-2011 by OwenandNoelle because: Cant spell worth..

edit on 29-1-2011 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join