It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google begins censoring BitTorrent, RapidShare and other Big Media profanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
One of my pet peeve's with Google is Google Analytics.

People/Governments buy that service to find out WHO goes to their websites and what other websites those people go to.

I quit using Google. I don't like their evil money making scheme. I use Duckduckgo for now. almost nobody uses it.

We need a new internet. I liked that previous post where a new internet could be created from connecting people's wifi's.

I imagine smart people have created their own networks/internets. Think the FCC would ever catch someone connecting computers using HAM radios and transmitting data using sound frequencies inaudible to humans? I doubt they would ever catch it.

New internets will be created. Corporate control/Government censorship over this internet is pushing it.

ICANN is a joke. Everyone knows they are controlled by us. Look at the websites "DontServe" or "DoNotServe.com". Somebody bought those websites and has been sitting on them for years never planning on using them. It's your government suppressing Free Speech and the internet.

That's not how it works at all. I use Google Analytics for hours a day. I don't know WHO goes to my websites. Sure, I have an IP adress of who comes to my website, from where, and where they go to. There's absolutely nothing sinister about that. Many public analysis websites hold similar information. Alexa is one. They offer both an up and down stream for websites.

These stats serve no other purpose than to understand your traffic and how to improve and exploit niches and traffic sources. There's no secret conspiracy. It's a tool created for and used by internet marketers. Believe me if the Government or some secret alphabet agency were tracking you for sinister purposes, Google Analytics would not be anywhere near adequate enough(it really isn't THAT good)

You might aswell stop using Duckduckgo, as they're one of the most popular search engines in the world, and are actively engaged in various PPC campaigns with GOOGLE. Despite publically appearing to be opposed to the Google network.

Everywebsite in existence uses Google Analytics, Awstats etc. We're all in on it

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I guess you have a point about using proxies instead of Scroogle. I like Scroogle because there is a certain amount anonymity to it. Have you checked out torproject.org? What is your take on that? Since you're involved in and know a bit about how the internet works.
edit on 28-1-2011 by JayTee because: grammar

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Google does what google does. It's just that staying profitable makes it harder for them to stick with the "don't be evil" motto.

Anyhow if worse comes to worse in the future, Internet 3.0 development will take off. Internet 3.0 will mostly consist of ad-hoc wireless meshes in populated areas supplemented by packet-by-carrier-pigeon and comparable sneakernet methods (the carrier-pigeon thing started as a joke but was repeatedly proven as a workable if not always reliable method) and countless geocached dead drops - both in actual physical media storage and via public wifi fileserver hotspots. And in many cases it would still provide means for anonymous connections to the corporate and government dominated Internet 2.0.

For non-localized things Internet 3.0 latency would seriously suck, but information would continue to be free.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join