It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Fear MMR Link To Autism/Bowel Disease In Children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Isn’t it amazing how I keep being proven right about everything?

The Daily Mail drops a bomb:

New American research shows that there could be a link between the controversial MMR triple vaccine and autism and bowel disease in children.

The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.

Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease – and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus.

Last night the team’s leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: ‘Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles.

‘This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus.

‘What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published in 1998 is correct. That study didn’t draw any conclusions about specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If that’s the case, and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be related to the MMR.’

The 1998 study by Dr Wakefield, then a reader in gastroenterology at the Royal Free Hospital in North London, and 12 other doctors claimed to have found a new bowel disease, autism enterocolitis.

Am I prophet send by god?

No.

I simply think logically and don’t believe anything that comes out of the government’s mouth.

Did you know vaccine lawsuits are resolved in a special court called “vaccine court”?

This is insanity!

Sanjay Gupta explains:

en.wikipedia.org...

Vaccine court is the popular term which refers to the Office of Special Masters of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, which administers a no-fault system for litigating vaccine injury claims. These claims against vaccine manufacturers cannot normally be filed in state or federal civil courts, but instead must be heard in the Court of Claims, sitting without a jury. The program was established by the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA), passed by the United States Congress in response to a threat to the vaccine supply due to a 1980s scare over the DPT vaccine. Despite the belief of most public health officials that claims of side effects were unfounded, large jury awards had been given to some plaintiffs, most DPT vaccine makers had ceased production, and officials feared the loss of herd immunity.

www.usconstitution.net...

U.S. Constitution – Amendment 7

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

In modern terms, that is to say, any civil court case valued over 20 dollars has to be tried by a jury if one of the parties demands it.

Do you understand why this court was created?

Lets pull out the words:

"officials feared the loss"

That is to say, bureaucrats feared that big pharma might get bankrupted under a tidal wave of lawsuits, which of course, would greatly affect their campaign coffers since big pharama pays off the politicians.

Can’t have that now.

So if a vaccine farks up your kid, you can’t drag the pharma company that made it before a civil court jury.

Its not allowed.

The judges are funded from this vaccine tax as well. Thus, if vaccine makers were put out of business from lawsuits, the judge would be out of a job as well.

FASCISM

Videos on vaccines and autism.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ive posted on here about it.. my oldest daughter suffered seizures, hospitalizations, and was diagnosed as autistic later after the MMR. We filled out 3 sets of VAERS reports through the hospital because it was so obviously linked to the vaccine....she developed symptoms within hours of receiving it.. with no results.

She is 17 now and a high functioner with a high iq.. but severe processing issues. I dont have to be convinced by a study that it effects some kids for whatever reason.. maybe some kids are just predisposed. In any case, it took my perfect, loving, and normally developed child and turned her into a stranger overnight.. and gave her a serious roadblock in life.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Not to devalue your daughter's condition (and I truly hope she does well), but when you say it's "obviously" connected, I think you're missing the science. Just because two events are temporally linked, that is, occur within a given amount of time, doesn't really imply any sort of relationship. As an example, last week, I ate at a new Indian restaurant. About 6 hours later, I had a runny nose and headache. Which is more likely...that I had somehow caught a cold from the food at the Indian restaurant, despite it being well-prepared, or that I had a cold before even going there and it hadn't manifested itself until some hours later? You can say the same thing about your daughter. Isn't it just as likely, if not more so, that she had a predisposing factor that led to a seizure event which just happened to manifest around the same time she was vaccinated? If it was linked to the vaccine, wouldn't we be seeing a lot more children reacting this way? Even a handful?
edit on 1/27/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Coincidentally there are thousands of parents of autistic children who have also noticed regression/autistic symptoms within days or even hours of their child having a vaccine. Just because they are "just parents" and not doctors does not void their eye witness testimonies.. and it is quite typical of medically trained to dismiss perents perception as imagined or "wishful thinking".

edit on 27-1-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Coincidentally, most symptoms of autism manifest themselves around the age of two (one of the larger rounds of vaccines), in both vaccinated and unvaccinated children.

But, you know, don't let science get in the way of your fear-mongering. You have to have someone to hate, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What then would be the answer to a parent of an autistic child who did not recieve a vaccine? I have a niece who now has a 3yr old with autism. She didn't take him to get his vaccines. She will have to before he can attend school, but for now he is vaccine free, and has autism.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by riley

Coincidentally, most symptoms of autism manifest themselves around the age of two (one of the larger rounds of vaccines), in both vaccinated and unvaccinated children.

I am well aware of when and how autism manifests. It is meant to be gradual not "suddenly autistic" within a day or few of vaccinating as reported by many parents.

But, you know, don't let science get in the way of your fear-mongering. You have to have someone to hate, right?
Seems to be your problem not mine. Coincidentally the father of Hannah Poling is a neurologist who noticed these changes like so many other delusional parents.

Family win $1.5 million in autism-vaccine payout

The family of Hannah Poling, a nine-year-old girl, is to be the first to receive compensation from the US federal government for health problems associated with routine childhood vaccinations, reports CBS News.

As well as receiving a payout of $1.5 million, the family will receive $500,000 per year to pay for the child's care. But while CBS reports that 4800 other cases are awaiting settlement in the federal vaccine court, Hannah's case may be a one-off.

She began showing signs of autism, with accompanying screaming fits, after she'd been vaccinated against nine diseases in July 2000, aged 18 months.

So does science only count when you agree with it and is Hannah Poling's dad just a fear mongering hater?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I am well aware of when and how autism manifests. It is meant to be gradual not "suddenly autistic" within a day or few of vaccinating as reported by many parents.

Fortunately, those of us who are able to diagnose children/adults with neurologic disorders know that the presentation of such diseases varies greatly. Even well-studied disorders, like schizophrenia, have a range of presentations, from acute and mild to progressive and severe.

So does science only count when you agree with it and is Hannah Poling's dad just a fear mongering hater?

I was hoping you would try to take that case out of context! Every MMR fear-monger seems to just be RABID to use this, but they never, ever seem to quote the WHOLE analysis. You are just as guilty of this, as shown here. Below, I've quoted the further analysis, which shows what a dishonest propagandist you are:

As New Scientist reported in 2008, it's possible that Hannah's mitochondria may not have been working properly anyway, with potential underlying damage to her most energy-hungry tissues in the brain and muscles.

Officials at the US Department of Health and Human Services investigating Hannah's medical history said that vaccines had "significantly aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder, which predisposed her to deficits in energy metabolism", causing damage "with features of autism spectrum disorder". The officials said that the vaccine didn't "cause" her autism, but "resulted" in it.

Lindsey Kent, of the University of St Andrews in the UK, says that mitochondrial disorders are very rare, only affecting 0.0057 per cent of the population. And the proportion of those with autism as well will be even smaller, with autism affecting just 1 per cent of children. As to the specific mutation in Hannah's DNA, there are only four other cases known worldwide, according to Salvatore DiMauro of Columbia University in New York.

Source

Wow! Four whole cases in the WORLD like this girl's, and only 0.0057 of the world with ANY mitochondrial disorders!

And you want to make this the "solid link" between autism and the vaccines?

You better start working on that math...I think you'll find it doesn't add up.
edit on 1/28/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I was hoping you would try to take that case out of context! Every MMR fear-monger seems to just be RABID to use this, but they never, ever seem to quote the WHOLE analysis. You are just as guilty of this, as shown here. Below, I've quoted the further analysis, which shows what a dishonest propagandist you are:

I would appreciate if you would control yourself and refrain from calling me a fear monger or propogandist. The same could be said of you. Instead of being civil you stooped to attacking me personally and just dismissed the science because it contradicted yours.

The case does indeed prove there is a causal link between vaccine and autism. It is just one child but there may be many hundreds or thousands of autistic children who may have undiagnosed mitochondrial disorders. Apparently a child can have mitochondrial disorder and appear completely healthy so there is no reason to do tests unless something happens. That "it's really rare" argument counts for nothing as they have not done adequate population studies to answer that question. They do not diagnose and record mitochondrial disorders unless they have good reason so the only children who would be disgnosed with it would have to actually get sick first. They certainly are not testing all seemingly healthy chidren for these disorders before getting the vaccinated and the GP can't guarentee they haven't got it. All they will say is "rare side effects' ..coincidentally thats what you are saying too.

www.cdc.gov...
A child with a mitochondrial disease:

* may also have an autism spectrum disorder,
* may have some of the symptoms/signs of autism, or
* may not have any signs or symptoms related to autism.

A child with autism may or may not have a mitochondrial disease. When a child has both autism and a mitochondrial disease, they sometimes have other problems as well, including epilepsy, problems with muscle tone, and/or movement disorders.

More research is needed to find out how common it is for people to have autism and a mitochondrial disorder. Right now, it seems rare. In general, more research about mitochondrial disease and autism is needed.

"Seems rare" is NOT the same as "Is rare".
edit on 28-1-2011 by riley because: typos

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Please read your own source. No where in that link does it say mitochondrial disorders are asymptomatic. They are ABSOLUTELY symptomatic.

Why do you have to lie and distort information? Why can't you just provide solid evidence for your argument? That's all I'm asking for: solid evidence that there is a link between MMR vaccines and autism. To date, all you've provided are neatly edited excerpts from stories, and mischaracterized quotes from other sources.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Did you also know that even though vaccines can cause long-term damage in children, with symptoms appearing months or even years later, they are typically only assessed for side effects for two or three weeks?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

You can file a VAERS report at any time post-vaccination.

Stop spreading lies.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

Please read your own source. No where in that link does it say mitochondrial disorders are asymptomatic. They are ABSOLUTELY symptomatic.

Nice try but the only reason they discovered mitochondrial disease in Hannah Poling was BECAUSE she reacted to the vaccines and developed autism as a result and as proven in a court of law. They would not have looked for it otherwise so it is possible there are many other childen with the same vaccine risk factors.

Why do you have to lie and distort information? Why can't you just provide solid evidence for your argument? That's all I'm asking for: solid evidence that there is a link between MMR vaccines and autism. To date, all you've provided are neatly edited excerpts from stories, and mischaracterized quotes from other sources.

Indeed I have. Why do you have to abuse people and call them liars in nearly every post you don't agree with? People can read whatever evidence I post for themselves and they do not need you to translate it for them. The fact that you have called several other people liars just shows you are desperate and would rather attack peoples' charactors than keep it civil. Someone says something.. you say "liar prove it" they go out of their way to prove it and do then you accuse them of taking the evidence out of context which is again calling them a liar. Damned if we do damned if we don't but I'll just ignore your attempts to sucker punch from now on.

In any case the OP was from a re and republished article from 2006.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 1-2-2011 by riley because: coding and typos

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Just wandering if you have kids of your own and if you would give them the MMR.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Advantage - glad to hear your daughter is clearing her hurdles and doing well.

Space Cadet - If you've met one autistic child...you've met one autistic child. My son is autistic and it had nothing to do with vaccinations in his case. He was birth-onset, not a regressive case where the child develops normally then suddenly regresses into autism. Logical - most members of our family are "highly intelligent, but a bit odd" as one neurologist put it. Autistic traits and Aspergers are on both sides of the family. BTW he's fully vaccinated with the exception of the Swine Flu vaccine which is neurologist told us NOT to get.

BUT, I don't understand how anyone can readily say that absolutely no harm comes from vaccines. Not everyone can take penicillin due to allergies. How in the world can we blithely say that everyone can take a particular vaccine with no ill effects? I'm going to repost my concern from a similar thread:

I have been concerned about studies done by vaccine manufacturers themselves as well as the CDC. It appears that their data had to be taken through several revisions in order to come up with "no harm" as the conclusion.

www.thinktwice.com...

A review of these documents leaves me very concerned that rather than seeking to understand whether or not some children were exposed to harmful levels of mercury in childhood vaccines in the 1990s, there may have been a selective use of the data to make the associations in the earliest study disappear. While most childhood vaccines now only have trace amounts of mercury from thimerosal containing vaccines (TCVs), it is critical that we know with certainty if children were injured in the 1990s.

Furthermore, the lead author of the article, Dr. Thomas Verstraeten, worked for the CDC until he left over two years ago to work in Belgium for GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), a vaccine manufacturer facing liability over TCVs. In violation of their own standards of conduct, Pediatrics failed to disclose that Dr. Verstraeten is employed by GSK and incorrectly identifies him as an employee of the CDC. This revelation undermines this study further.

The problem with relying on CDC and FDA studies is that most of their studies are funded by the very pharmaceutical companies they are supposed to be regulating. Most gov't scientists are also waiting for that golden lotto ticket - a big $ job at big pharma. Do you suppose a negative study may effect those job opportunities?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

I don't have children, but I vaccinated both of my nieces myself (MMR and DTaP) while they were visiting from Russia.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Nice try but the only reason they discovered mitochondrial disease in Hannah Poling was BECAUSE she reacted to the vaccines and developed autism as a result and as proven in a court of law. They would not have looked for it otherwise so it is possible there are many other childen with the same vaccine risk factors.

You have no reason to believe any of this is true. You don't know what symptoms the family's pediatrician did or didn't observe.

Was the child ever noted as not thriving properly? What percentile was she on her growth charts? Did she exhibit any less-than-adequate behavior milestones? What were her eating habits? Could she maintain eye contact with someone while listening?

These are all things that would tip you off at least in the general direction of a mitochondrial disorder, but wouldn't necessarily be immediate cause for alarm. The fact that you claim TOTAL knowledge of this girl's medical history, claiming that there was NO WAY to know this girl had an issue before the vaccine, is simply ludicrous! How can you act omnipotent when you very clearly aren't?

If anything, this will help draw up better algorithms for pediatricians regarding vaccination of children with specific symptoms.

Why do you have to abuse people and call them liars in nearly every post you don't agree with? People can read whatever evidence I post for themselves and they do not need you to translate it for them. The fact that you have called several other people liars just shows you are desperate and would rather attack peoples' charactors than keep it civil.

I call people liars when they make false statements, especially when they suddenly "don't have the time" to post their sources (but apparently do have the time to simulatenously post on other threads), or when they post sources and then edit information out that would contradict their point (which you've done with nearly every source you've used).

If you don't like being called dishonest...don't be dishonest. It's not that hard to do.

Somene says something.. you say "liar prove it" they go out of their way to prove it and do then you accuse them of taking the evidence out of context which is again calling them a liar. Damned if we do damned if we don't but I'll just ignore your attempts to sucker punch from now on.

I'll provide a specific example for you, then, since you apparently are blind to your own dishonesty. On page one of this thread, you posted this source in an attempt to show that the girl in question has a condition that isn't "rare" (as I described it), and that side effects listed for vaccines are actually due to mitochondrial disorders. You then take a small snippet of the page, purposely taking it out of context, in an attempt to portray mitrochondrial disorders as linked to autism. What you DON'T show, however, is how your source states repeatedly that mitochondrial disorders in children manifest in toddler and preschool years, You also leave out the part that states NO STUDIES link vaccines to triggering regressive encephalopathy or mitochondrial disorders, and in fact vaccines have been shown to PREVENT regressive encephalopathy by preventing diseases that trigger this disorder.

You purposely picked a reputable source (CDC in this case), quote a snippet, and then inject your own commentary, leading readers to believe something is in the source, while it actually isn't.

THIS IS DISHONEST.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
(Double post)
edit on 2/2/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Serving as relayer of information with high counter-politics, form conclusions for yourselves.

some communities point to Merck's hiring as one validation.

Former CDC Chief/Head, now works as president of Merck Vaccines.

Press Release from Merck announcing her new position.
www.merck.com/newsroom/news-release-archive/corporate/2009_1221.html

CDC Chief Admits that Vaccines Trigger Autism [comments on CNN of Poling's case]

Julie Gerberding, the head of the CDC, went on CNN's House Call with Dr. Sanjay Gupta to discuss the Hannah Poling case and admitted that vaccines trigger autism in a subset of the population with mitochondrial disorders.

It is time for Dr. Gerberding to answer some hard questions before congress.

Call for congressional hearings into the Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund autism cases, so we can find out what the government knows about the relationship between vaccines and autism.

AdventuresInAutism.com

Addendum: Gerberding/CDC/HHS has given several names to the phenomenon of Vaccine Induced Autism. Gerberding calls it the "symptoms of autism" in this interview, "autism like syndrome" during a previous CDC press conference and HHS refers to it as "vaccine induced encepalopathy" on their website for the Vaccine Injury Compensation fund.

I wrote this piece (see link below) to point out the absurdity of trying to fool the American people into thinking that vaccines cause something that looks exactly like autism, and in fact is diagnosed as autism by every professional the child sees, but is actually an "autism like syndrome" with the "symptoms of autism" that occurred following a "vaccine induced encepalopathy" which has the exact same symptoms as autism, but it is not really autism... oh... and by the way... vaccines don't cause autism.

(...)

UPDATE: Dr. Gerberding resigned from her post at the request of the Obama Administration when he took office on January 20th, 2009.

She quickly went to work for Global PR giant Edelman, who represents PHARMA and several of their member companies like Merck. Edelman is responsible for the "One Less" Guardasil campaign.

She served on the "Edelman Global Task Force on H1N1 Influenza", appearing on media outlets encouraging swine flu vaccination, even referring to vaccines as "magical", but never mentioned that she was now working as paid vaccine salesman.

On December 21, 2009, Merck announced that Julie Gerberding would be the new head of their vaccine division. Merck makes the MMR that injured Hannah Poling.

Current guidelines are that someone cannot go to work for a company that they have regulated for one year and three business days.

That would be January 25th 2010 for Julie.

Right on time.

My guess, this was really the plan all along. Watch the video again. Suddenly it makes sense just why she would make such a fool of herself by going on TV and saying that vaccines do and do not cause autism. She probably knew that her pay off was less than two years away.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

So, what about the control group of kids WITHOUT autism / bowel syndromes? How do their tests turn out?

...There isn't a control group?

Then you've confirmed nothing.

6th grade science is, like, hard, dude!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join