It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the tweet from Ashley82MS7 DUGWAY VX missing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
picasaweb.google.com...

She says she is there and VX is missing.

Whats that?? A VX went missing? That's a regular occurrence here in Australia...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ab0885d6208.jpg[/atsimg]

But in all seriousness, please explain a little more then a one liner with a link...just for those of us who don't have a clue what your talking about...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Wait, isn't VX gas a Weapon of Mass Destruction and therefore Banned under the Geneva Convention.. Somebody call the Military and tell them to Invade UTAH now.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJaxson
People, Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, which some say is the new Area 51, was put on Lockdown yesterday at 5:24 p.m. and was locked down ALL NIGHT.
Apparently, Ashley works at Dugway, and was stuck in the traffic trying to go in, VERY PLAUSIBLE in this day and age.
READ the GLP link.....i'm sold, and i'm not gullible.
edit on 27-1-2011 by SpaceJaxson because: (no reason given)

That's it! Problem solved! Just read the GLP link and all of our questions will be answ....

Wait a minute.. You sure you aren't just gullible?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

The reason for difference in location is the location is dated dec 28th. She probably went to her moms for Xmas while on vacation. Her mom lives in Huntsville, Al. She could get on base and shop cheap wither her ID. And she has to make good money because she's flying to a lot of college and pro football games. That ain't cheap.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If VX gas had been stolen from a US military base and an employee tweeted about it wouldnt they be breaking a confidentiality agreement or breaking national security of some sort. Surely the contents of the inventory of this base is confidential to the public.

Also if stockpiling of VX gas is illegal under UN resolution , why the hell is it even on the military base in the first place, if its illegal !

So are the US commiting a crime here by having it stockpiled at a military base?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
It IS very suspicious that the account was deleted right after the message was posted. Wonder what story they'll come up with to cover this? If VX is missing and not just a case of someone miss-filing a tracking code or something such as that, then we should be worried as hell. This is some nasty stuff and could kill thousands with no warning. The military should announce if this has been stolen. People may panic a bit, but they will also be much more wary and vigilant of what's going on around them and their towns and cities.

IF its true,

Why would the govt do as you suggest? It kills the "terrorist" aspect and "why waste a crisis?".

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

People, Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, which some say is the new Area 51, was put on Lockdown yesterday at 5:24 p.m. and was locked down ALL NIGHT.
Apparently, Ashley works at Dugway, and was stuck in the traffic trying to go in, VERY PLAUSIBLE in this day and age.
READ the GLP link.....i'm sold, and i'm not gullible.
edit on 27-1-2011 by SpaceJaxson because: (no reason given)

That's it! Problem solved! Just read the GLP link and all of our questions will be answ....

Wait a minute.. You sure you aren't just gullible?

Cheers,
Strype

LOL, Nominated for Post of the Week.

edit on 28-1-2011 by JohnnyRaincheck because: why not?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Great, so it is actually the U.S. who has the so-called WMDs that Saddam had. That is of course not including the nuclear arsenal we have...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
deathby1000papercuts.com...

The commander says it was just placed in the wrong container and was not properly marked.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
picasaweb.google.com...

She says she is there and VX is missing.

oh #. stolen i reckon. by who? israel......that's my guess. or Black Ops within our government.

Israel ? I don't thing so. Come on now. use more logic than that.

However, I would hope that a facility such as this one, would have better security when it comes to what they are dealing with.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wonder if it is the same VX that was found in Iraq? Hey, what do I know anyway.I would think you just don't leave a vile of VX laying around the lab while you eat lunch.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have read through this thread. It does not appear that people are aware that the vial has been "found". I do not see this being discussed. Forgive me if I am wrong, I was speed reading...

cnn.com

Utah base open after missing nerve agent vial located, officials say

Read the article for the full story. It is CNN so it could all be BS, and they are just saying what they are being told to say.

This reminds me of when those nukes went missing a few years back for a bit.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Something tells me that this woman is no longer employed there anymore. I doubt they take kindly to people broadcasting their problems over twitter. When I was in the military we knew what we could say and couldn't say. I'd finding it hard to believe that she didn't know what she could say and couldn't say. I guess that is why I found it hard to believe. If it is true then she is probably in custody now or at the very least looking for a new job.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Creepy... if she is 'getting around' to lots of major research facilities, then she is obviously someone important. But if she's important, then she'd know the ramifications of VX going missing and she would have been more concerned in her tweet, or probably she wouldn't have tweeted at all. So maybe she isn't 'getting around' and maybe she did visit her parents for Christmas... but, it does appear she went to the DC area and the Gator Bowl too... what a weird person, honestly. I don't know what to make of her but it doesn't all add up. She does appear to have existed long before this so it isn't a hoax but it is weird.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

In reference to the alpha numeric code at end of tweeters name, 82mS7.

There is no reference to 82m in any listing of military MOS codes, however AFSC 7S is an airforce designation for special investigations.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJaxson

Yes because Israel went that length to steal something that they could have made themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
s7 could refer to the grade as in G(grade)S-7 or GS-7 often refered to as S-7
Govt contractors and employees that are civilian have pay grades just like enlisted and offficers.

the rest may be a department identification.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
According to local Utah news, less than 1ml was mislabeled and has since been found:
Fox 13 Utah

Wow, I totally missed others posting this... I am fail.
edit on 28-1-2011 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well Dugway employs Civiilians and Military personnel. My experience in the military has been that civilians are a lot more likely to break rules or protocol as they don't feel they are bound by them. Unfortunately is it was a real tweet and not just a lucky guess. I would venture to say that she will more then likely be facing criminal charges for breaking a non-disclosure agreement. If they are feeling generous then she may just be unemployed.

As for the VX in general. Yes it would be classified as a WMD, but this was a very small amount as was mentioned in the news, and it was more then likely being used to test equipment for the defense of our men and women. On the same note you should remember that this stuff can't just be thrown away or dumped, and it has to be destroyed which is a long drawn out process. So the fact that we stll have it is not surprising and I am more then sure there are exceptions and amendments in the intenational agreement for this. I would also like to say that you can't honestly believe that Russia doesn't still have this stuff laying around as well.

As for the official story. Well honestly you can expect that they are being honest to a degree. The info had already been released via twitter, and the talk was already out there, so they aren't gonna risk lying about that. Whether it was actually found or not that is the part that I can't really speak for. As to not create a panic in the populus there is a good chance that they would not tell us if it was out there. However, I can tell you that if it is they are looking for it and they are investigating. Chances are they are not lying at all as there are tons of crap there and something could easily have been misplaced.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

A "commander" also once told the public that "debri found is just from a weather balloon".

..... As a chemical weapon, it is classified as a weapon of mass destruction by the United Nations in UN Resolution 687. The production and stockpiling of VX was outlawed by the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993. .....

If this is true then why is the U.S. in possesion of VX at all?

Why would the Dugway facility even allow any type of personal phone to be carried around by it's personel? I would think that with such sensitive documents, equipment and material used and studied there that they wouldn't allow phone's to be carried because of the ability of phones to take pictures and video of classified information that could then be emailed to anyone.
or in this case tweeted.

Bzzzzzzz

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join