It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the tweet from Ashley82MS7 DUGWAY VX missing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

"i just want to sleep" -I don't think its information a hoax would contain.

Hypothetically speaking, if you Sly, wanted to create a hoax, and you wanted it to be big, REAL BIG, wouldn't you sit down and think hard about it and plan it out? I know I would. I would start with the premise, then think of any possible reaction that I could come up with. I would look at it from all angles, and try to come up with ways that I would be able to make myself believe it. Such as deleting my account, adding in minor details such as "I just want a dang McMuffin." Possibly even already planning on taking a camping trip to get away for a bit.

Im still not saying this isn't true. I am just unsure of some of the reasons I am reading as to what might make someone think it is true.
edit on 1/27/11 by BrokenCircles because: quote

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I agree with you. The statement, "I just want to sleep" does lend some credibility to this. Even if only a little. Let's just hope that a lot of rumors were floating around as to why the base was locked down and people were getting bad info. I shudder at the thought of this stuff ending up in the wrong hands.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

DUGWAY is on lockdown this tweet is from someone that works there, she said the lockdown is because a vial of vx went missing. The ramifications are huge.
edit on 27-1-2011 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Anyone know the tweet history of the person in "question" here?

It's harder for me to believe they are suddenly out of the blue capitalizing on a lock-down event at a base that the MSM hasn't even reported on yet (that I know of), in the hopes of tricking people into believing VX has been stolen/lost.

You are correct as in all the information we have right now could have been hoaxed its not out of the realm of possibility, however it seems out of the realm of probability.

I don't think this is something that will be easily solved either because IF what she said was true it was leaked accidentally and covered up almost immediately. When/If the MSM starts to report on this issue we can get a better picture of what might be happening.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Anyone know the tweet history of the person in "question" here?

twitter is probably the only one that knows now. a screenshot of former tweets would be proof.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It's on CNN, however they are not going to mention anything about missing vx I can almost promise you.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's something strange, there's a youtube account with the same exact name. It says there's been 338 views of videos uploaded by the account, yet there are no videos on the account anymore. It says the last visit was 7 hours ago (as of this post) and there hasn't been any recent activity. Don't know if there's any actual link here, but interesting nonetheless. The comment on the channel seems a bit odd too.

Edit: Oh, and here's the tweet history up to Jan. 5th LINK
edit on 27-1-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Yes, very true, I would bet no MSM would mention missing VX. In fact, I think we have a better chance of seeing Jesus in a sequined thong riding a Pegasus covered in Rainbow-Brite stickers.

edit on 27-1-2011 by IamAbeliever because: no reason

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

I'm not finding any youtube account by that name possibly deleted? If you have a link can you post it?

edit: thanks for the link she seems like a normal tweeter from what I can tell, concerned with sports mostly.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by AshleyD

DUGWAY is on lockdown this tweet is from someone that works there,

Funny how so many folks are stating this tweet is from someone who works at Dugway without any proof of it.

In case you are unaware of how easy it is to perpetrate a hoax while claiming to be someone you are not- I direct you to this hoax-

HERE

Until it is proven that this tweet is from someone actually working at Dugway, I will continue to question its validity. Sad to see so many folks saying this random tweet that was first displayed for attention on GPL is 100% real.

Not saying it isn't...just wondering how so many jumped the fence of "proof" in order to call it a fact.

MM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I am remaining skeptical, but I will say that I saw her Youtube page earlier when I first started searching her name. And it did say 338 uploaded video views, and none were on the page. There was only 1 comment from at least a week ago. And now i cant find that page again. I actually clicked on it a couple times earlier, and now I cant find it.

However I am staying with my opinion of the possibility of a well planned hoax. Still no hard proof of anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Something is starting to bug me about this. The more I look at this situation and what the tweet actually said the more confused I get.

If this person works at this base and knows what VX is....they just tweeted it was missing and acted about as concerned as someone who just lost a sock in the dryer....In fact she was so unconcerned with missing VX sleeping was a top priority.

The lack of "holy crap" in the tweet for something like missing VX confuses me...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
if you search twitter for the user, nothing comes up.

just saying

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by warbird03

I'm not finding any youtube account by that name possibly deleted? If you have a link can you post it?

edit: thanks for the link she seems like a normal tweeter from what I can tell, concerned with sports mostly.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

>>

To bad you didn't get arrested for running your mouth, idiot. JMHO

>

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJaxson
Apparently, Ashley works at Dugway, and was stuck in the traffic trying to go in, VERY PLAUSIBLE in this day and age.

Not paired with "I just want to sleep" it's not.
Think about that one. If she's going IN to work, and is locked out because of lock down, how does "I just want to sleep" make any sense? It doesn't. And her lack of concern for such a highly dangerous nerve agent purportedly being missing is also a hoax red flag, in my personal opinion.
If I were her, in her shoes sitting outside the base on lock down, I would not be thinking, "I just want to sleep!" No matter how long I was stuck sitting in my car, even with my limited knowledge of VX, I still know if even a tiny amount went missing that my rectum could be used for a cigar cutter until said VX was found. And I would not be tweeting in such a mundane manner about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I still know if even a tiny amount went missing that my rectum could be used for a cigar cutter until said VX was found. And I would not be tweeting in such a mundane manner about it.

Awesome, i will recommend the new method of interrogation to state director.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
CNN are reporting that a 1ml vial of VX nerve agent has been located and the base is no longer on lockdown.

edition.cnn.com...

A vial containing 1 ml was located about 3 a.m. Thursday (5 a.m. ET), the statement said. As of about 6:15 a.m., authorities said personnel had been allowed inside and would be allowed to go home shortly. "All personnel are uninjured and safe," the facility said in a news release. "The public is safe as well."

Now..is it really found? Or are they worried about a public panic and simply saying they've found it?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well the tweets were deleted?

But this is not the first or second time biological agents turn up missing.............
edit on 27-1-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
so i guess ashley was right, huh? I wonder if a) it really went missing and/or b) if they really found it. how would you lose something like that anyway?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Maybe she is a Civilin Overhire for the base, if that were the case, she woud be on lockdown as well. Is it possiable she she doesnt know what VX is, hence the remark about sleeping?
I grew up on military bases and have had my fare share of lockdowns, and not knowing what for till months later. It was alot easier to give misinfo back in those days to lead the sheeply, but not today with twitter,facebook, etc.
Either its true or this young lady is going to be spending some time not seeing the light of day for some time for making such an off cuff remark.
The removale of her Youtube and twitter are a bit odd to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join