It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku gives "global warming" deniers a shill-lacking on the "Today Show" this morning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why is there so much snow falling and cold temperatures now? Well it's "global warming" of course. The video speaks for itself.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They should just call it "global we don't know what the # it is but it's your fault dammit".

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That is funny...here in Colorado its so dry it can't snow...(lately anyway)

What I don't get is why these "scientists" just can't admit they have no freaking CLUE what the hell is going on with the weather...The continually use more and more vague terms to describe whats really happening because they just simply don't know.

Kaku at least admitted they had no idea what is causing the "warming".

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's not caused by man imo, that's been sold to us to make money and lots of it. It's probably more likely that's it's all natural and has happened all along we just couldn't see back that far. It's just the way the earth has righted itself all along. Nothing we can do about it as far as nature goes. I think we do see though everyday new evidence of man trying to manipulate nature and always to our detriment. Just my opinion. As they say don't piss on my shoe and tell me it's raining .Have a good one.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I dont get this global warming denier tag you put in your headline! Climate change is a better word as its obvious the climate is changing but not so obvious that the Earth is heating up. Is your title supposed to be directed at man made global warning deniers??? Surely there is no one questioning that climate is changing??

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

The title was in jest.

That being said, if you don't believe in "global warming", then you are a denier, and in all likelihood a dangerous terrorist in the eyes of the "global warming" crowd.

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Absolutely, We are extremely cold at times and extremely hot at others. This has been at time of record breaking weather and temperatures worldwide. The earth is venting preassure at an increased rate lately(earthquakes,volcanic activity, even meteors. Change is happening rapidly It seems but who knows we don't really know what happened the last time the earth went through this cycle. Does this all tie in with 2012 etc etc? Even I'm getting tired of the 2012 talk and loved that movie. IMO it's a great time to realize what's important to us, and love those around you.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Climate has always been changing. And it will always change.
What would disturb me more if the climate didn't change and there wasn't any catastrophes.
A year when nothing happened. Imagine - a year without volcano eruptions, without floods, without earthquakes etc. And it would always be precisely the average temperature and the average moisture.
Then I would I assume that something is wrong. That would be disturbing!

How can we be a cause of this if the climate was changing even before we were here on earth?
Did dinosaurs built cities and "polluted" atmosphere with Co2?
Enlighten me!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michio Kaku "Golbal swings"

Ahh right.
You mean having the changing climate that we've had for the past few billion years?

I stopped listening to Kaku a couple of years ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think people seem to forget about the 'ICE AGE"..Earth has been going through these vicous cycle's for 100's of thousands of years before we were here and it will continue to go through change's 100's of thousand's of years after we are gone...the earth has been heating up since we came out of the last ice age that why we came out of the ice age cause heat melt's ice it's elementary really...but it seems that TPTB have people so conditioned that they actually believe that the normal citezen is causing the climate to change, which is a scare tactic to push along their globalist agenda and instill more control over the worthless eater's they call citezen's of their nation.. it's just that TPTB have for warned knowlege of what it going on with our climate and has decided to capitalize on it...

edit on 27-1-2011 by Ophiuchus13 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
First off I think there's something going on , whether it's natural or caused by man , I don't know. Also if it is caused by man I believe the heavy pollutors are big business , individuals do pollute but 1. It's very small and mostly harmless / reversable 2.their pollution is aided and abetted by big businesses products and methods of production , which in the extraction , manufacture , transport , wholesale , retail and distribution processes is highly inefficient and causes huge amounts of waste and pollution. Then they get with big gov and want to tax us for their mess , typical but no. I will not pay a carbon tax for breathing out , stop cutting down trees and plant useful trees that'll scrub all the carbon.

If big business went green , the consumer would be green also. But since they aren't we the people should lead the way. We should seek a symbiotic relationship with our planet and live as organic and natural as possible not synthetic or genetically modified (monsanto/monsatan).

If it's a natural occurrence , obviously since we have no past references of how to deal with this we should prepare for the worste case scenario. However I have a suspicion that this might be off-world and nefarious in origin e.i aliens or possibly they messed up with haarp.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This global warming stuff would crack me up if it wasn't so tragic.

Cell phones used to be analog, then they went with repeaters, then compression, then multiplexing, and now everything is digital. And with digital comes higher frequencies. Higher frequencies are better at penetrating cloud and moisture in the air. No static like AM radio. A high enough frequency and not even a single bit will be lost, which is critical in decompressing a signal. These are called Microwaves.

Now what happens when you put something in a Microwave. That's right. It gets hot. All of our cities are carpeted in non stop microwave transmitters now. Redundant carriers covering the same neighborhoods, with towers everywhere pointing in all directions.

If they turned off all the microwave transmitters there would be a drop of half a degree, maybe overnight, which is huge.

Isn't it logical that this would cost less money than any other vague feel good solution that always seems to be just over the horizon?

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
yes climate change should be the right word. But i talked to many scientists and they tell me it's not a scary enough word to get the world to pay attention thats why global warming sounds like doomsday and they use that to scare the bageebeez outta you .

screw them the truth is truth . Climate change!

as for machicucu or w/e his name is . Im sick of his antics and his nonsence . He was fun to watch for a while but now hes getting to much and sqauking like a puppet turnign science into scientism

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
**shrug**
I figure we contribute to it all of course, but its mainly the suns fault. Down with the sun.
Seriously though, we are entering a solar active phase and the weather will be rather unsettled or odd. Partner that with our contribution for being dirty consumers and polluters.. and natural cycles.. it oughtto keep the pseudo-scientists up to the gills in free money grab grants to "study" it and give it new catchy names for decades.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Some good things came from global warming. For instance, more people are far more conscience of their impact on nature, and at least try to act better. Nothing wrong with respecting mother nature.

But for the most part it's a crack pot Progressive agenda to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. If it saves energy it often cost 40% more, even though it sometimes cost less to produce. They literally turn being "green" into a luxury. And many "green" items are not "green" at all.. like hybrid cars, who's batteries cause ecological harm from their production. And many store bought "green" items are made in china where the chemical run off is dumped into rivers and the ocean.

Proof, imo, that liberals are idiots.

The new taxes on "non-green" items have generated billions for governments, and added premiums for "green" items has generated billions for corporations. And regulation on "non green" resources and production have cost tens of thousands of jobs.

Again, nothing wrong with respecting nature.. we should work hard to clean our cities, not dump in rivers, keep our beaches pristine, use less energy, use fast growing woods like bamboo and recycle more.

But we should NEVER have to pay a premium to save our planet. And any plan to help our ecological state should NEVER generate a government profit. I'm just glad dems no longer control the government, I thought for sure they'd enact carbon trading (to save the world of course, making trillions in the process). Its astonishing the sucess progressives had on corporatizing being green.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You forgot to mention how godawful prohibitively expensive "going green" is for the average person. Someone's pockets are bing lined to overflowing with all of the green and pseudo-green products and BS through playing on the average joe's environmental sensitivity and weird guilt

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well said! You my friend, took the words straight out of my "pie-hole". I could add somethings to your post, but it is absolutely unneccessary. Thankyou for verbalizing my sediments. g.a.g.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That was an excellent interview.

I would suggest that everyone watch it a few times.

He openly admits that the scientist do not know how much man is influencing the weather. He points out that the weather patterns are influenced by moisture.

Listen to him carefully. He isn't Al Gore. He isn't a weather denier. He is reporting observations.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I wish I could give you more then one star. Sadly -- this site, motto aside -- has become a celebration of blindly jumping to conclusions, more often then not. I used to think that most people were just incapable of reading, but now I know the problem is a lot deeper then that.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think it's more a problem of people wanting to believe something. They don't want to know, they want to believe. If we were changing the climate people would have to change their lives. They don't want to do anything that might upset their world.

But Kaku didn't say it was us. He said he didn't know. Why this is being turned into "Kaku lashing out at deniers" should be the real question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join