It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five arrested over 'Anonymous' web attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
"Five men have been arrested over a spate of recent web attacks carried out in support of Wikileaks.

The five males are being held after a series of arrests at residential addresses in the West Midlands, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey and London this morning.

The men were arrested in relation to "recent and ongoing" attacks by an online group that calls itself "Anonymous".

Targets included the websites of PayPal, Mastercard and Amazon.

Anonymous used a technique called "distributed denial of service" (DDoS) attacks in a bid to take the sites offline.

www.bbc.co.uk...
this was taken from the bbc news website here is a link

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:57:41 -0600 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
what i am curious to know is that where will these people be tried for their crimes, hopefully in england, i suppose probably one of the only good things about the conservatives is that they will be a bit more reluctant to let them be extradited for such things.
i feel a bit sorry for the 15 year old who probably thought he would never get caught

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Someone posted this earlier. Not about an arrest but about an anonymous group of hackers.
Are these the same people??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im wondering if maybe there are several sub-groups, and these 5 people might just be one small group, but are/were connected to the others.
edit on 1/27/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/27/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
At last some justice is coming for the innocent people who suffered financially because of these twerps.

I have no sympathy for them, or the rest of their anon friends who might be apprehended in the future.

If they had gone after the Governments or associates then I may have took a different view, but all they managed to do was screw over the good guys who wanted to buy online goods for their families in time for christmas (amongst other things).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

they did do an attack on sarah palin's website, so i suppose some went after atleast one government official.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is this the Anonymous that posted about a forum, The Plan? I hope not cause I signed up but only made a couple of posts. I'm all for freedom and this country but hacking just isn't my cup of tea!

top topics

join