It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your take on these comics...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I especially liked the first one, but I just wanted to know what everyone thought.
edit on 27-1-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My take on these comics is that they are a sublime representation of Zen Buddhism.

P.S., what comics?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Sorry I slipped up and pushed the enter button before adding the pictures.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

I saw after I replied, still, couldn't resist.

Seems they get it pretty spot-on.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thoughts inducing comics. A welcomed change.

S & F

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
1st cartoon (car/islam) - The terrorists are doing it in the name of Islam therefore people blame Islam

2nd cartoon (Nun/Muslim girl) - A nun works for the church, it is her uniform for lack of a better word, whereas all Islamic women are expected to dress as such, plus a nun isn't expected to fully cover her face.

3rd cartoon (Jew/Muslim) - It is only crimes commited in the name of Islam that are put on trial as commited due to their faith, ie honour killings, blowing people up in the name of Allah or Mumra mohummed mohmommyhad that prophet guy they are always worshipping.
edit on 27/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

my take ?

UTTER TWADDLE

my reasons - the worst example is this

i will transcribe the captions :

" a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to god, right ? "

" but then if a muslim girl does the same , why is she oppressed "

an utterly assanine argument

for a start - taking vows as a catholic nun is a VOLUTARY VOCATION , no one forces her into it - and she can abandon the vocation if she chooses

her [ the nuns ] dress code are the rules of her order - not law - as islamic female dress code is in many islamic nations , hint when was the last time to heard reports of a nun being floged for dress code vilouations ?

no catholic order i am aware of demands a veil - as is sometimes demanded of moslem women - and catholic orders do not demand the full habit at all times - " working dress " in many orders demands only that the skirt be below the knee , and permits bare arms and only a token scarf on the head

islamic dress codes tend to demand fully covered ALL the time

yess - i know many islamic women CHOOSE to wear the garb , with no fear of retaliation if they do not

catholic nuns who refuse to adhere to thier orders dress code - find them selves facing expulsion from the order - not flogging

try violating islamic dress code in a country governed by sharia law

thats the difference

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
re no.1 where it says “perfect car”, I assume it means the car has no mechanical defects such that would make the car crash?

The problem is that whoever made the cartoon would have to prove the koran doesn’t cause muslims to act in bizarre anti social ways
And I think whoever created the cartoons would have an impossible job to do that

re no.2 I don’t care how people dress it’s a complete none-issue for me, provided people aren’t forced into wearing cloths they would chose for themselves why would any one care?

re no.3 if the crime in question is religiously motivated then the jewish or Islamic religion would be mentioned – how could it not be?
But the cartoon says “when a muslim is charged with a crime” that seems to imply any crime – sorry the cartoonist will have to prove that, I just don’t believe it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The arguments are ridiculous, designed to appeal to the mentality of a child, and arguably this may be why a cartoon accompanies the points.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well, the hijab cartoon about university has a point. You should be able to wear whatever you want into an educational institution so long as it doesn't pose a threat to others...as in a shirt made of knives or a bomb turban.

And I do see the irony in people not decrying the Catholic church for nuns covering up whilst saying Muslim women shouldn't be forced to cover up. Ditto for the beard thing. If two religions practice the same damn thing we shouldn't call one out on it but not the other.

Of course, the others are silly.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

A nun is a voluntary vocation? There was recently a story about a 17 year old nun in my nation/community (it's a tiny nation, might as well be a community). 17! She's been preparing for it since she was a teenager! I'm sorry, but I'm 22 and I haven't even decided exactly what I'm going to do for the rest of my life and yet you say someone who cannot legally have sex in my country is volunteering?

Also, I know girls who voluntarily wear a hijab. I know one of them who just likes wearing them, one who wears it as a religious thing (her parents never made her wear it and she decided to do so when she was in her late teens), and a pagan who likes to mix up her wardrobe.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

for a start - taking vows as a catholic nun is a VOLUTARY VOCATION , no one forces her into it - and she can abandon the vocation if she chooses

her [ the nuns ] dress code are the rules of her order - not law - as islamic female dress code is in many islamic nations , hint when was the last time to heard reports of a nun being floged for dress code vilouations ?

no catholic order i am aware of demands a veil - as is sometimes demanded of moslem women - and catholic orders do not demand the full habit at all times - " working dress " in many orders demands only that the skirt be below the knee , and permits bare arms and only a token scarf on the head

No person can force another to be a muslim, doing other wise is a DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE QURAN.

islamic dress codes tend to demand fully covered ALL the time

Actually hijabs aren't always supposed to be warn, such as in the presence of family members.

You knew that, right?

yess - i know many islamic women CHOOSE to wear the garb , with no fear of retaliation if they do not

catholic nuns who refuse to adhere to thier orders dress code - find them selves facing expulsion from the order - not flogging

try violating islamic dress code in a country governed by sharia law

thats the difference

Go to the video, no compulsion in religion....

edit on 27-1-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
1st cartoon (car/islam) - The terrorists are doing it in the name of Islam therefore people blame Islam

The terrorists are EXTREMISTS. Some people just don't understand that you can't judge a group based on EXTREMISTS.

2nd cartoon (Nun/Muslim girl) - A nun works for the church, it is her uniform for lack of a better word, whereas all Islamic women are expected to dress as such, plus a nun isn't expected to fully cover her face.

Muslim women usually only need a hijab. Covering up completely is optional.

3rd cartoon (Jew/Muslim) - It is only crimes commited in the name of Islam that are put on trial as commited due to their faith, ie honour killings, blowing people up in the name of Allah or Mumra mohummed mohmommyhad that prophet guy they are always worshipping.
edit on 27/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Muslims don't worship Muhammad(PBUH) we don't worship our prophets more than god, like another religion I know.

Again it is not only Muslims that do this, many other groups do so as well, but what are the chances you've heard of them?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Where do the extremist muslims get their extreme ideas?

I think its obvious the Koran can be read in such a way that it promotes extreme ideas and bizarre anti social behaviour

Don’t you think non muslims are going to focus on the threat posed by islam, if you where in a field full of bunny rabbits and wild lions which would you focus on?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

The terrorists are EXTREMISTS. Some people just don't understand that you can't judge a group based on EXTREMISTS.

I wasn't saying that, I know all muslims aren't terrorists, I work with a few and they are decent people.
But the extremists are following their beliefs in the Islamic faith, and killing a load of innocents in the process.

edit on 28/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join