It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUNDRACE.ORG - Spy on your neighbors political contributions!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is messed up. Just MESSED UP.

But I love it.

The new website FundRace2004 uses public records filed with the FEC of individual contributions to Republican or Democratic presidential campaigns or national committees to let you SPY on people!

While it's fun to use the Neighbor Search feature to enter famous names and see who someone like Donald Trump gives to ($2000 to both parties equally), the shocking thing is putting in your street address and getting your neighbors information...or your pastors...or your kids teacher....or your local news anchor!

This is scandalous!

There's also a Money Map feature that's a pretty good analytical tool for looking at donation trends on both national and local levels.

With 100% credit to FUNDRACE.ORG I captured this current image of the fluid national money model.

Red being Republican and Blue for Democrat giving, of course, it's about what you'd expect except some swing states. Arizona, Iowa and a couple traditionally red southern states are really surprising this time around.

This race is going to be amazingly close! Polls change with the wind, but people tend to vote for who they "bet" on. This map is probably a pretty good indication of the election results to come.

Note: Edwards VP nomination giving impact NOT included in this model. STAY TUNED!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't know about the south after the slap in the face to the black comunity and their convention, and Bush refused to attend.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Also check out

www.opensecrets.org...

[Mod edit: Fixed link]

[edit on 12-7-2004 by RANT]
Thanks for fixing the link Rant!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Also check out

www.opensecrets.com...

The link did not work for me

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The link did not work for me

Just put org instead of com.

That open secrets is pretty good too. It lists contributions by foreign ambassadors.

Whoever said France is pro-Kerry is smoking something.

$114 thousand to Bush and none to Kerry?

Wait. China? $24,000 to Republicans and none to Dems? What the...

They're almost all to Republicans!

Ohhhhh....it's a BOUGHT position.

But ambassadorships to many of the more desirable locales (usually First World countries with strong ties to the United States, such as France, Italy and Austria) often are offered to the privileged few who contributed generous amounts of money to the president and his party during the campaign.

Swell. Nice to know no experience required, just a checkbook.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
RANT,

They're almost all to Republicans!

What do you expect I have to remaind you that bush is still for big corporations?
He may be loosing his mind but money is still his best bet.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's sad now... The map today (8/27/04) has a lot more red than blue. I searched my nearest city only to find that there are a lot of retired people (I knew there were a lot but didnt even think to see this many) and Nearly all of them contributed to Bush. Most of the Kerry contributors were women And nearly all the contributors to Kerry were small, such as $25, $100. Rarely did a $1000 contribution shows up for my area. However, a lot of big $$$ contributions to Bush. For instance, One Contributed nearly $10,000 to Bush!!

Oh well... Maybe I should move.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Kind of like FredT's "open secrets" site.

www.followyourmoney.com...

Let's you browse by company, party, or just type in a product by brand name and see where the money goes.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
It's sad now... The map today (8/27/04) has a lot more red than blue. I searched my nearest city only to find that there are a lot of retired people (I knew there were a lot but didnt even think to see this many) and Nearly all of them contributed to Bush. Most of the Kerry contributors were women And nearly all the contributors to Kerry were small, such as $25, $100. Rarely did a $1000 contribution shows up for my area. However, a lot of big $$$ contributions to Bush. For instance, One Contributed nearly $10,000 to Bush!!

Oh well... Maybe I should move.

My God it is a bloodbath. The whole nation is red except New England.

www.fundrace.org...

At least we still get to vote no matter what people with disposable income say.

new topics

top topics

join