It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Father, The Sun and The Holy One...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez

Originally posted by againuntodust
Zeitgeist had a lot of misinformation and lies. Fact check when you watch stuff like that. 90% if not all of the religious propaganda they fed you was untrue.

Again, where is your proof that the information was not true?

I'll link you to my last post regarding this exact topic you asked me in another thread. Here is my last post where I list off various lies Zeitgeist shoved in everyones face. Most of the info in that movie seems to stem from some book called The Christ Conspiracy (1999). Please consider the following.

1. Horus was not born of a Virgin--that's a lie.
2. Horus was not baptized. That's a complete fabrication. "Anup the Baptizer"?--show me where you find that! That's a lie.
3. Horus never walked on water. He performed miracles, but raising the dead and walking on water were not among them. Nor did he cast out demons.
4. Horus had disciples--but you can't show me a single reference to his having twelve. That's a lie.
5. Horus never taught in the temple at age 12. That's a lie. Read the accounts above--it's not there.
6. Where was ever said that was Horus crucified? That's a lie! He died in a later version of the story and was brought back to life--but Jesus' "resurrection" was more than a mere coming back to life. His body was transformed and changed. Anyways, it was only later added to the Horus legend.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think the Message of Fatima spelled out to the Holy Catholic Father exactly what we have been doing wrong; we have forgotten to "Honor Thy Mother".

We live in such a Patriarchal Society that we fail to include our Mother from which all things are born. "To the Father Sky, and the Mother Earth, Bless our lives and all who encompass us!"

"Honor thy Mother and thy Father", this was not intended to be referencing our parents, it is the Spirit of GOD by which we have Manifested, our Mother Earth!

Who amongst us can attest to this fact? Who has used Pesticides? Who has used Herbicides? Who has ruined the air and seas? Who has dumped the filth of mankind upon her skin and disassociated themselves from Nature? Who is responsible for such a madness? Man-kind!

It is time to Honor the Mother, the Father, and the Holy Spirit within all things great and small. Why is it the "Blessed Mother" has appeared to so many? Did the letter to our Holy Father not specify the need to honor our Mother? It is not too late, we can reconnect before the end is at hand, to finally realize our foolish ways.

It is time to become a Matriarchal Society once again and heal our Mother!
edit on 1/27/2011 by Greensage because: changed Virgin Mary to Blessed Mother

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
People who note the homonym sun / son are really tiresome. Do you believe that the Bible was written in English? Did it not occur to you that the two words might not be homonyms in Egyptian, Hebrew or Greek?

(Hint: they are not.)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

Yes isn't it what I said? They thought the eath was the center of the Universe... thus every thing revolved around it...I thought that last part was automaticly implied since we're in the center all revolves around us?? Sorry i'll make sure to elaborate next time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I think the Message of Fatima spelled out to the Holy Catholic Father exactly what we have been doing wrong; we have forgotten to "Honor Thy Mother".
reply to post by Greensage

Excellent!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

People who note the homonym sun / son are really tiresome.

That's great, glad you have it all figured out already.

Now, any thoughts on what the thread is really about?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

People who note the homonym sun / son are really tiresome.

That's great, glad you have it all figured out already.

Now, any thoughts on what the thread is really about?

I thought that the above made it self evident -- Zeitgeist is a load of crap, predicated on nonsensical ideas that don't bear up to any scrutiny. The section about religion has been thoroughly debunked, and if your beliefs are based on

that the film Zeitgeist was not only correct

you're starting from an obviously flawed perspective.

Should we take advantage of this globe of nearly unlimited energy sitting in our celestial neighbourhood? Obviously. Do we need to couch such a drive in "sun means son!" gibberish? Obviously not, and it takes away from the credibility of the argument.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Obviously not, and it takes away from the credibility of the argument.

Credibility is in the eye of the beholder.
No one can prove or disprove anything as it relates to the character known as Jesus of Nazareth.

Perhaps such an angle could provide inspiration for many, whereas to someone like you it's merely "gibberish".

Just because you're grumpy and tired of what you hear doesn't discredit anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Obviously not, and it takes away from the credibility of the argument.

Credibility is in the eye of the beholder.

No, credibility is in the facts of the matter, and your film has been demonstrated to be in factual error. It (and you, apparently,) has an agenda, and it attempts to adjust reality to meet that agenda. That is how propaganda works, that is not how serious inquiry works.

Your statement is the equivalent of someone decrying the current NASA budget by saying "Since we know that the Earth is flat, we need to stop wasting money on this sham project."

Perhaps such an angle could provide inspiration for many, whereas to someone like you it's merely "gibberish".

Promoting untruths and ignorance is a source of inspiration? Do you even know what the motto of ATS is?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Do you even know what the motto of ATS is?

LoL.. this goes for all members and moderators alike:

I don't care what ATS's policies, goals, or mottos are, I say whatever I want, wherever I want.
(Trust me, ATS is in the business of ad revenue more than anything, else this would be a donations only, non-profit site.)

If the mods don't like me, they can kill my account - I'll get over it.

Now, you can tell me that Zeitgeist has already been debunked, but you fail to cite examples.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Now, you can tell me that Zeitgeist has already been debunked, but you fail to cite examples.

Do you not even read your own thread? AgainUntoDust, in the first post on this page listed some examples, along with a link to another thread that listed more, which would have led you to this site, which goes into great detail. Here's another one. Don't like a Christian response? Here's one from the Skeptic Society Newsletter.

Is that enough for you?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Is that enough for you?

Nah, I wanted YOU to cite an example.. not send me the link to someone else's work.
Any original thoughts there?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
interesting....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
(during the transitional phase)

"In 321, Constantine instructed that Christians and non-Christians should be united in observing the "venerable day of the sun", referencing the esoteric eastern sun-worship which Aurelian had helped introduce, and his coinage still carried the symbols of the sun-cult until 324."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Etherguide

Yes isn't it what I said? They thought the eath was the center of the Universe... thus every thing revolved around it...I thought that last part was automaticly implied since we're in the center all revolves around us?? Sorry i'll make sure to elaborate next time.

Let me explain too. For example, when you are making a natal chart, you are considering positions of celestial objects (including the sun) related to the place of birth . So if you are born on the sun, then an astrological wheel with the sun in the center is appropriate for your natal chart.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe in the son,so i dont believe in your sun theorie. I believe you got your hands on an attention starved individuals way to try and find alittle attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well ANYWAYZ...the point of this thread wasn't supposed to be about Zeitgeist at all, it was a general statement on the need to respect nature and start using what is readily available (Solar Power) and stop gutting the planet!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join