It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Kucinich sues over olive pit in sandwich

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It is a shame really...he has so many good things to say, but then discredits himself just as easily. I get the idea of compensation and reasonable restitution is understandable. but that amount of money is ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think we should all calm down and reserve our judgments here on Kuchinich.

After all.

Kuchinich is one big camel toe.

When he bit down, someone should have offered him some Vagisil.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Suing for damages is normal. They should pay for the dental damages and the court fees and the future fees. Why not? Most reasonable people would do this they don't just walk away from it. What planet are you on? Kucinich is a bigtime lefty, but he's not the only one to sue for damages.
edit on 27-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Ever broken a tooth?

Go chew a marble, and get back to me on the subject of wussiness, kay?

An olive pit is much softer than a marble. And yes, I broke my teeth chewing on two ocassions. I didnt go around whiny eyed looking for someone to blame. I went to the dentist.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Wow, that's outrageous.. Lol, I'd just laugh at him. Like, "You seriously want THAT much money over an olive pit?" Get a life. I never thought he'd act like a pansy over such a trivial situation. He must think that since he is in office he is above other humans or what not. I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
well when ur NOT taking bribes from big corps,
u have to make a side living somehow. lmao

I do agree, this seems to be a frivolous law suit.
he may have come out better by saying he was
allergic to olives.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
That's karma for his "bad mouth". Whatever he said in the past came back to haunt him. Now he's blaming a little, bitty olive pit and wants money for his broken teeth. You know what? I would rule this as a frivolous lawsuit. He had to pay one way or another and food was it!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Kucinich has a number of followers on ATS. See here for example.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
An olive pit can bust teeth, but sueing someone over it??? He's gotta' be one mad lil' guy. Side note .. I once got a whopper sandwich at Burger King (15 years ago) and when I bit into it, the cheese still had the wrapper on it. The plastic was melted all over the cheese and made the sandwich inedible. I did not sue.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sm0k3

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by sm0k3
If you reread it, he says "loss of ENJOYMENT"

But still, frivolous lawsuits seem to be the thing these days....

Why would I need to reread it??

Loss of enjoyment is a valid reason to you?

This guy is a quack and blaming a 3yr old sandwich incident for his current lack of political success. Why wait 3yrs? Desperate much? Uh yeah I think so.

Rant? YOU need to reread my post. I'm not ranting, I dont even care about political crap, it's all BS anyway. I do care when people sue for dumb reasons and blame their own problems on that incident.

This guy is suing for the dumbest reason ever! WASTE of money.

This is what is wrong with the world and esp this country, USA.

Desperate? Um no I could careless about this guy, I don't like what he is doing. He needs to look at himself not some stupid sandwich with a pit he bit into 3yrs prior.

I had an accident happen that gave me permanent damage in the arch of my foot. Did I sue? NO! Could I? Yes, I could have sued for some money and claimed all kinds of BS but I didn't. They paid my medical and lost wages. That was all I lost so why sue for anymore? People use emotional distress as an excuse!
BECAUSE youre whole employment rant is irrelivant now, and it should be removed before people start believing your hearsay...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
An olive pit can bust teeth, but sueing someone over it??? He's gotta' be one mad lil' guy. Side note .. I once got a whopper sandwich at Burger King (15 years ago) and when I bit into it, the cheese still had the wrapper on it. The plastic was melted all over the cheese and made the sandwich inedible. I did not sue.

Ohh that would not be pleasant.

I had a bloomin onion what wasn't peeled all the way and I choked on it. I didn't sue, but they did give me my dinner free and a GC. I didn't even want that, it was an accident. They happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Kucinich has a number of followers on ATS. See here for example.

Ha wow. Didn't know that. I never heard of the guy before i saw this article. I don't follow politics. I find it boring and like a HS class president campaign only with adults and much worse

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I had a rat tucked into a sandwhich once at McDonalds. When it realized I had lifted the bun, it jumped out at me and tore my eyesockets out. I didnt sue.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

What a ridiculous, shameful, and pathetic example of a public servant.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This thread is an excuse for political ranting if i ever saw one.

Self-indulgent pricks.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
He went against the 2nd amendment. Did he not jam obamacare down our throats as well? Now this?

What a tool. I can't remember the last time I used my teeth so carelessly as to cause damage from taking a bite.
I remember finding a dog claw in a hamburger at mcdonalds. Did I sue? No, instead I decided to never eat there again. I think kucinich is brain damaged if he thinks this will help his image. Throw them all out.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by jonnywhite

In my country it would be normal to laugh it off & learn to make your own food
and waiting three years? Most judges would be too busy laughing to render a verdict. He's not a man, just a wuss.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Self-indulgent pricks.

Pretty much what I think about Rep. Kucinich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join