It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Kucinich sues over olive pit in sandwich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't normally post things like this but this is just stupid. This guy is suing over an olive pit that was in his wrap. He is asking for 150k for damages. WHAT would cost that much money?? I am sure he has health insurance that he probably doesn't pay for and I bet it's damn good insurance so why the need to sue for 150k? Yes it was an accident an olive had a pit in it and it got in his sandwich but suing for this much money is greed!

Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio is suing a congressional cafeteria for dental damage he says he suffered after biting into an olive pit in a sandwich wrap he bought there.

The civil suit filed earlier this month in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia said the wrap "contained dangerous substances, namely an olive pit," that a consumer would not reasonably expect to find in the product served. The suit said that Kucinich suffered "serious and permanent" dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures.

..... He is seeking damages for "past and future medical and dental expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damages."

"dangerous substances" wth! I have bit into sandwiches that had bone or nuts in them that should, heck I even choked on a bloomin onion that was peeled before fried. Did I sue? No I didn't. What is with these useless lawsuits in this country? You can sue for anything it seems.

Loss of employment?! PLEASE tell me how this incident caused him to lose his job? Give me a break. This happened 3yrs ago and now he is suing? PLEASE!

These kinds of lawsuits need to stop.

source

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If you reread it, he says "loss of ENJOYMENT"

But still, frivolous lawsuits seem to be the thing these days....

EDIT:

Ive even had an entire piece of meat prep paper in a sandwich from Arby's... better believe I raised hell, but I never thought of suing... Just doesnt seem ...right? honest mistake really, at least I get a few free dinners out of it..
edit on 27-1-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think he's suffering from some degenerative brain disease or something.

Or, maybe he has a bunch of gambling debts and some guido is going to break his legs.

Either way this isnt rational behavior.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sm0k3

Why would I need to reread it??

Loss of enjoyment is a valid reason to you?

This guy is a quack and blaming a 3yr old sandwich incident for his current lack of political success. Why wait 3yrs? Desperate much? Uh yeah I think so.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by sm0k3

Why would I need to reread it??

Loss of enjoyment is a valid reason to you?

This guy is a quack and blaming a 3yr old sandwich incident for his current lack of political success. Why wait 3yrs? Desperate much? Uh yeah I think so.

BECAUSE youre whole employment rant is irrelivant now, and it should be removed before people start believing your hearsay...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

.....compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damages."

I live in this clowns district. The only people that should sue for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment are the people he represents.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is a new breed of human called the wuss, that is offended, overwhelmed and indignant about the slightest things.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The bigger problem is he is suing the vendor who has a contract to provide services for HIS benefit. WE pay for this. It will most likely be settled out of court, and the next time the vendor contracts to provide this service, the cost will be passed on to US. Will HE have to pay back the insurance company if he is awarded damages? Not a chance. You and I are subject to subrogation, but most likely congress is exempt. So now, we got to pay for it twice. Ain't this a great place to live?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I hate to be so crass, but how "toolish" can a supposed leader be? I think he must be trying to grab a little of : any publicity, is good publicity." He might have more luck spilling hot coffee on himself and pursuing that angle. I'm pretty sure this should stymie any further chance he has at getting elected any more, to any position, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I live in his district and he is an embarrassment to this whole area. Our nation is plagued with frivolous lawsuits (one reason why medical insurance is so expensive) and we have a rep. who is leading the charge with these lawsuits. The same day this incident happened, he was back on the house floor after lunch stumping away. If the immediate pain and discomfort was so great, wouldn't he have sought immediate care.

Accidents happen. I've come across stray pits and seeds over the years. It happens. My mom cracked a tooth on a stray almond shell in a Mars bar years ago. She went to the dentist, got it fixed, sent a letter with a copy of the bill to M&M Mars and got a check in the mail a couple of weeks later. Simple problem solved.

Kucinich is naming the cafeteria, and a couple of suppliers in this lawsuit. I'm surprised he hasn't named the sandwich artist who prepared his wrap yet.

Time to move on Dennis. Redistricting is coming your way. Finally!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

"dangerous substances" wth! I have bit into sandwiches that had bone or nuts in them that should, heck I even choked on a bloomin onion that was peeled before fried. Did I sue? No I didn't.

Just because you chose not to doesn't mean that you would not have had a valid case for a lawsuit. Poor preparation caused you physical harm. Would you sue someone who's poor driving caused you physical harm? Would you sue a doctor who's poor practice caused you physical harm?

Maybe you wouldn't, maybe you'd go on about your day with whiplash and a pair of forceps stitched into your abdominal cavity. It's your choice to make, ultimately.

What is with these useless lawsuits in this country?

Dude broke a tooth due to someone else's cock-up. That's not a useless lawsuit. Granted, as a US congressman, his insurance premiums don't go up every time he calls it in, but he's still an American citizen and gets to take this stuff to court, just as you would, if you had any initiative to address your whiplash and the stainless steel grippers ticking your spleen

You can sue for anything it seems.

Of course you can. Where have you been for the last several hundred years of western judiciary?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Ever broken a tooth?

Go chew a marble, and get back to me on the subject of wussiness, kay?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Ive had half the teeth in my head smashed to bits and suffered several crown jobs over the years.

Cracking/chipping/breaking one on a pit and suing is definitely wussy.

CX

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yet if we were to sue for all the dangerous substances they legally put in our food.

It would be laughable if it were not so serious.

CX.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well, I guess we can't all be macho hardasses with a smile like a piranha. To each his own, eh?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I liked Dennis. This is pretty disheartening. Sucks how all our heroes eventually are shown to be goats.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Folks .... folks,

Come on now, lets put this into a proper perspective.....

Kucinich is a very small, .... tiny man, so something the size of an olive pit to him, .... would be the size of a huge boulder to most men.

Let us not judge.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
damn! he musta bit down like superman on crank! effin alligator jwas or something. or even like someone iwth lockjaw..that death bite*
interesting to hear, he was speaking on the house floor after the incident. it goes to show in america, if you have a good lawyer...everyones guilty as long as you have money to scheme from

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
wonder if it was a monsantos grown olive! then he could also sue for dna and genetic damage as well

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You're seeing this all wrong.

Olives are something that is produced in the Middle East (among other places). This olive pit is a warning. I believe it was placed in his wrap by one of the many George W. Bush clones that Cheney had produced.

The real George W. Bush, safely living in his huge US-Tax payer plantation in Paraguey with Paris Hilton, surrounded by his Blackwater guards, put the word out to Dennis if he doesn't start getting on board with things, he'll be sleeping with the fishes.

Or Dennis is just some ass-hat that runs crying to his lawyer anytime his panties get in a bunch. The loser has a solid gold health insurance plan; I get can my legs blown off in A-stan and still wouldn't be covered medically like this toolbag is. Yet, he still find the time to put a lawsuit out on the people who made it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join