It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC / STARGATE - Can The Door Be Closed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Sure! Somebody needs to maintain what little remains of common sense, lest ATS finally becomes a cesspool instead of source of news and knowledge.

Taking into account your avatar it appears you have put yourself in this position, but to what ends? I mean for every thread that you come across thinking personally that there is no common sense does that deem your blessing? I mean surely this is what is called bias ? your opinion influencing others based on your own assumptions. Isn't this is what the thread is about ?

Surely instead of self policing you should be self examining? as in everything there is something new to be found? all it takes is a little personal understanding and the motivation to accept new possibilities.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Sure! Somebody needs to maintain what little remains of common sense, lest ATS finally becomes a cesspool instead of source of news and knowledge.

Taking into account your avatar it appears you have put yourself in this position, but to what ends? I mean for every thread that you come across thinking personally that there is no common sense does that deem your blessing?

Truthfully, there are many threads that make no sense. I'm never posting much on threads related to "orbs", vampires and most occult issues. The threads that "deem my blessing", by your figure of speech, are often those where I do have knowledge that I can reasonably guess is equal, or superior to that of my interlocutors, and which can be reasonably argued about, e.g. science and fact. There are exceptions but in general that's the deal. When somebody says that CMS features circular symmetry and there is a temporary engineering bridge attached to it for workers' access, and all of that makes this machine into Gates of Hell, I suppose everybody needs to pinch themselves and ask what level of discourse is maintained here.

as in everything there is something new to be found? all it takes is a little personal understanding and the motivation to accept new possibilities.

As I said, my toaster looks like a portable nuclear reactor. I must get myself a Geiger counter. Can we please graduate from pre-school?

New possibilities? Nah, old silliness.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Do you have any hint of an idea just how tremendously large and complex the machine is? There is not a single scientist or engineer who can claim that he designed, assembled, tested and built LARGE parts of the LHC and the detectors running there.

Yes I do have a hint of how temendously large and complex it is, and yes not a single scientist or engineer can claim that the built, designed large areas, which is why I am saying it is impossible to conclude that the LHC is being used for purposes other than what we have been told. Thats the beauty of compartmentalisation.

Oh I can see the beauty of the LHC just fine, thank you!

Lets put it another way as we aren't really making any headroom here.
why would governing bodies pump so much money in to a machine that can prove a theory ? when has something like this ever been done that does not benefit the people investing?

It is clear that the LHC has been designed and built for a purpose what is not clear is what that true purpose is.
edit on 28-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

It is clear that the LHC has been designed and built for a purpose what is not clear is what that true purpose is.

As "clear" goes, if you don't get something, don't assume that everybody else is in the same position.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

As "clear" goes, if you don't get something, don't assume that everybody else is in the same position.

Is that not what you and others did when they first read this thread? as I said before, but I will repeat myself just in case you deemed it necessary to skip the posts above, as no doubt they didn't fit in to your way of thinking.

Assumptions are what got usin to this mess in the first place, our assumptions are based on what we have been told to be the truth. So instead of expanding our consciousness beyond what we have been told we automatically put what we have been told in a nice packaged box and forget anything outside of it. Perhaps if people were to actually see this the world would not be so egotistically entangled in webs of lies and deceit.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Stargate! You do understand that they are fictional don't you? The idea came from a writers mind there is no real science in it at all. As to your question for why would anybody spend so much money building a device to detect unknown particles is almost the same as saying why did the computer industry not stop back in the 60s. Science is about learning how things work and to do that you have to make discoveries - and that my friend is what the LHC is all about - the discovery of what makes matter and energy.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke
Stargate! You do understand that they are fictional don't you?

Oh dear another member who hasn't read the thread, I am embarassed for you. and you have the nerve to call me ignorant or that is what I assume you are thinking whilst typing, oh wait sorry here we go again, creating something from an assumption vicous circle sorry.

Perhaps instead of passing what little information you have on to this thread, you should check out one of the longest running threads on this site. Perhaps then you may think twice before embarassing yourself and showing yourself up by clearly not doing any research on the subject. Which only adds credence to my entire point to the thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Sorry but the only person that is embarrassing themselves is you. One of the longest threads on ATS is current and about a facility lockdown! Yes, I read the posts and everybody else (but you) seems to be in agreement that a Stargate is fictional from a writers mind and has not one single but of real science - just look at how many flags and stars your thread has - its kinda says it all. I'll give you this - you managed to get more posts for a fictional subject, than most of the important real ones get, like the honey Bees being killed off by pesticides

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So instead of expanding our consciousness beyond what we have been told we automatically put what we have been told in a nice packaged box and forget anything outside of it. Perhaps if people were to actually see this the world would not be so egotistically entangled in webs of lies and deceit.

Yeah, yeah, I've heard it before -- from "quantum holistic thinkers" etc. First, you make things up as you go with no clear rationale or explanation and when somebody goes "what the hell" you say "aha! You are entangled in deceit!".

Splendid. Next time you see water swirling in the toilet, beware of tornadoes. Same logic as in your OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

Again I am embarassed for you, so embarassed I had to give you a star, why?because it is apparent by your writing that you gauge a thread on stars and flags and not on the content and what you get from it personally. Therefore, you follow the crowd. Which is fine if you don't want to think for yourself really it is. I have no qualms, But you should. Following the crowd will only lead you to the edge of the cliff. We all know how the fool ended up don't we?

Do you know where the idea of star wars came from? Yes thats right, it was an idea that suddenly came to him whilst in the shower. i.e his mind was clear and still and et voila the idea of star wars is born. Its amazing what you can achieve by sitting down and clearing your mind. Of course I get the feeling that you cant sit still for long without having to excercise your ego

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I dont know if it can be closed but I think there is still a more advance version.

Can you explain what you meant by this?

I think like in the movie contact. The intelligenc involved in this project could not have been left up to main stream scientist. So I feel there is another LHC type collider. Used for more advanced studies and experiments..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah, I've heard it before -- from "quantum holistic thinkers" etc. First, you make things up as you go with no clear rationale or explanation and when somebody goes "what the hell" you say "aha! You are entangled in deceit!".

The irony is in your username
if you have heard it all before then I can only deduce you did not take anything from the experience and in that case, again you have just proved my point. Just because something may seem unrealistic because of social/economioc trends does not mean that it is, perception and personal understanding go a long way down the rabbit hole in this life.

Splendid. Next time you see water swirling in the toilet, beware of tornadoes. Same logic as in your OP.

What is your rationale for this remark? if only to get a few people (of the same caliber) cheering you on from the sidelines, oh let me guess you want a star, ok here have one.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I think like in the movie contact. The intelligenc involved in this project could not have been left up to main stream scientist. So I feel there is another LHC type collider. Used for more advanced studies and experiments..

Anything is possible right? there could well be another one or two or three, it could be that each LHC is acting as some kind of propulsion system or time travelling device, we really don't know. Or do we?

It is quite plausible to suggest that the LHC has been built with instructions from an advanced level of knowledge, I mean to say that look how far we have come in the last 10 years and look where we came from. Something is most definitely going on, the question is why?

You see its so easy for people to say 'what your saying is complete rubbish and it doesn't exist' its easier and safer to say that these things don't exist' because it closes the door to any further thinking.

Quite sad indeed. An clear and open mind is a place where thoughts can grow.

Cognitive Dissonance

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Just because something may seem unrealistic because of social/economioc trends does not mean that it is, perception and personal understanding go a long way down the rabbit hole in this life.

Excuse me but the comparison you draw in the OP is about as relevant or astute as an observation that the alien eggs in the movie "Alien" are roughly egg-shaped and suggesting that so, a certain fraction of chicken eggs in the local store can actually be mini-aliens. Not more, not less.

What is your rationale for this remark? if only to get a few people (of the same caliber) cheering you on from the sidelines, oh let me guess you want a star, ok here have one.

There are indeed a few people of my (and quite a few higher) caliber on ATS, and for all of them this thread of your is laughing stock. The rationale of my remark should be clear in that it parallels absurdity of the OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

there could well be another one or two or three,

Actually yes, there were several doing the same experiment and it was reported in the UK news a few weeks ago that America's broke down and won't be running again until 2012 while the LHC we all know and talk about is now the only type of its kind on the planet currently active and likely to find that elusive Higgs-Boson before they shut it down permanently in late 2011.

At least that's what a major national newspaper stated on the subject.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

OK, I'm sorry - we are all wrong and you are right - that clarity of thought you have is enviable. Looking back at the OP it should have been obvious to everybody - but sadly we are sheep and just follow logical thought. Actually it's test, yes that's it - a test to see who is worthy to step into the stargate - I vote you step into it whilst it's running. Those protons travelling near light speed will not hurt you, honest - although I'm not sure about the massive EM field, so be careful pal. Oh and thanks for the star, what do I do with it? Ah, I know what your thinking I should do with it, now, now, be nice

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Lets put it another way as we aren't really making any headroom here.
why would governing bodies pump so much money in to a machine that can prove a theory ? when has something like this ever been done that does not benefit the people investing?

This is because there are a lot of benefits of proving or disproving any one particular theory. For instance, IIRC the Higgs Boson would be a particle from a fair way up the scale of energy like the big bang was before the fundamental forces of the universe split up to the four we know today. I think this is at least part of the rationale, it has been a long while since I read up on theoretical physics. So, proving or disproving the existence of the Higgs Boson could help develop or test a so called 'Theory of Everything' which would mean that at a fundamental level we know how the universe works. And, who knows what that might bring, it could tell us that it is possible to travel faster than light, or an easy method of anti gravity, etc.

Think back to the 1930s and 40s. At first, no one was sure that it was possible to split the atom or get a useful amount of energy from it. But expensive experiments were made and we got nuclear power and weaponry. Other people were not sure it was possible to go faster than sound, or to stay in a freefall environment in orbit without dying, so experiments were made. It's how science progresses.

Of course, if we are talking not understanding basic science, then I guess that would mean that experiments to do with extradimensional theories are attempts at creating an Iain Banks style Hyperdrive, or some other silly idea from an unrealistic (but nonetheless enjoyable) setting where the rules of physics are repeatedly and remorselessly punched and beaten and left to die in an alley.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

there could well be another one or two or three,

Actually yes, there were several doing the same experiment and it was reported in the UK news a few weeks ago that America's broke down and won't be running again until 2012 while the LHC we all know and talk about is now the only type of its kind on the planet currently active and likely to find that elusive Higgs-Boson before they shut it down permanently in late 2011.

At least that's what a major national newspaper stated on the subject.

The LHC will run in 2011 and in 2012. Executive decisions have been made a few days ago in Chamonix. The national newspaper you used as a source seems quite unreliable.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Of course, if we are talking not understanding basic science, then I guess that would mean that experiments to do with extradimensional theories are attempts at creating an Iain Banks style Hyperdrive, or some other silly idea from an unrealistic (but nonetheless enjoyable) setting where the rules of physics are repeatedly and remorselessly punched and beaten and left to die in an alley.

Yawn, *Stretch* sorry, I was almost falling asleep, I started reading your post but by the time I got to the end my eyelids were heavy. Of course silly me, they are pumping billions in to the Particle Accelerators so that 'they' can figure out how the universe works, of course now you have explained it to me it makes so much sense.
the fact that this incredible amount of energy could be used in quantum physics falls by the wayside as nothing but a delusional thought processed by a bored teenager, because he/she has been led on because it has been shown in a television series. Please
Next........
edit on 31-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The LHC will run in 2011 and in 2012. Executive decisions have been made a few days ago in Chamonix. The national newspaper you used as a source seems quite unreliable.

Thank you for bringing us this latest update, please ensure you keep us posted

Of course its going to run in 2011,2012,2013 ........they have just pumped billions in to the project, they aren't going to stop at the higgs boson. We are talking dark matter, anti matter, worm holes, black holes. New energy sources.How brainwashed are you people, for goodness sake. open your eyes all three of them and look for yourself, its amazing what can be found out by a little quiet thinking.

edit on 31-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join