It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO over Victoria, BC possible ET Chemtrail connection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

edit on 27-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Sorry the halo on the cloud would not be formed if it were jupiter,nice try though,and is is moving at times faster than a celestial object,even the moon.

Why not, and how fast do you think it is moving? It remains practically stationary for nearly twenty minutes. All of the "motion" is due to the camera, which shakes, zooms and changes position several times.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Watch it as it passes behind the tree branch and clearly illuminates the clouds and increases in optical spectre.i did think two things,moon,but discounted it,then rocket,discounted that as is moving to horizontal ,visa vie gravity would drag it down towards the ground,so thats why.watch at 1:20 and 1:30 and especially 1:54 mark ,2:34[ 4:10[and 6:20 this is the most amazing footage maybe some are jealous of the catch,its visibly real and not a phantom.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Watch it as it passes behind the tree branch and clearly illuminates the clouds and increases in optical spectre.

The clouds are being illuminated by the town below. What do you mean by "optical spectre?" In any event, it barely moves in fifteen minutes.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I wouldn't waste your breath, don't try to confuse them with the facts, the most implausible explanation is obviously the correct one. It doesn't matter that it's Jupiter, the object obviously "increases in optical spectre" so it's obviously a spacecraft with intelligent life spraying barium salts and aluminum into our atmosphere.

visa vie gravity would drag it down towards the ground

umm, that's why rockets have fuel that propels them upwards with more force than gravity, which is why we can launch satellites and ships into orbit.

I can't say for sure what this is, but some things are quite simple to explain.

The detail you see is a result of zooming, much like the old shutter cameras would record triangular ufos, which was merely a result of the shutter, and zoom.

there is something being filmed, the structure is an illusion, but there is some light being zoomed in on. As it appears stationary to me, and Jupiter lines up, case closed.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Any idea as to why it was "blinking" at the 13:00 - !3:15 mark? Would a planet "blink" like that?

I'm not entirely sure what it is. The first object was moving, you can clearly see it slowly move through the branches at the 1:52 mark and at other times. The second object that appeared 2 hours later was stationary the whole time until it dimmed out. There were times (starting at 12:40) where the object's "glow" would turn off and on which I thought was weird.

To me, I believe it is a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). I'm not saying it's an alien spacecraft, I'm not sure what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

My wife and I have seen the exact lights you describe. It was two years ago, we got of our car, going to her father's house, it was a clear night. I looked at the stars as I often do, and I saw multiple lights, at least twenty, far off in the distance, moving around, at in-human speeds, and all sorts of directions. I told my wife to look, we then watched for the next few minutes, and they suddenly stopped.

There is logical explanation for what we saw, other than alien spacecraft.

Not the only UFO activity I've seen in my lifetime either.

I know they are there. Anyone with sense has to admit to themselves.

I only hope they are indeed friendly.
edit on 27-1-2011 by The_Undertaker because: Reply to wrong poster

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

Skeptic and cynics are all alike, until they see something odd and want to explain it but eventually except its unexplainable,and get laughed at,yes rockets do expend massive amounts of payload to get into space and missiles do SIDEWIND to stay horizontal until they reach their target defying gravity but when the fuel runs out gravity ,downs in on its target.
This object fits none of those characteristics and none of a star or planet,what was the point of coming on to dish the thread with a good video of unidentified luminosity.Plasma ball or ufo,who knows ,its great vid though and very like what I have seen.
Do you really want to know what it is...a chinese lantern,yeah burned for 18 minutes ,cool,I want one of those.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by DJW001

No way. Far too large to be Jupiter, IMO. Now granted it could be the person behind the camera moving to get a better view of the object, but the object being filmed appears to move from left to right in the video.

That is most likely because of the zoom and object/planet being out of focus. It is actually common for people to mistake jupiter or venus for a UFO or similar.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by phishybongwaters

Skeptic and cynics are all alike, until they see something odd and want to explain it but eventually except its unexplainable,and get laughed at,yes rockets do expend massive amounts of payload to get into space and missiles do SIDEWIND to stay horizontal until they reach their target defying gravity but when the fuel runs out gravity ,downs in on its target.
This object fits none of those characteristics and none of a star or planet,what was the point of coming on to dish the thread with a good video of unidentified luminosity.Plasma ball or ufo,who knows ,its great vid though and very like what I have seen.
Do you really want to know what it is...a chinese lantern,yeah burned for 18 minutes ,cool,I want one of those.

I have actually seen myself over a decade ago some UFOs that i yet cannot explain. This dosent mean i should jump to conclusions about them being extra terrestrial objects. A true skeptic is open minded about being proven wrong and tries to find a natural explanation before jumping to wild conclusions based on nothing but blind belief.

What i saw could for example be some unknown atmospheric phenomena of some sort.
There is nothing in this video to suggest that this object is controlled by extra terrestrial beings.
edit on 27-1-2011 by juleol because: added some missing info..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

unfortunately what I saw was not a atmospheric phenomena and moved at intese speed from static,so your interpretation of your observation was exactly that.
This is a good video of a unknown and ...well seems no ones allowed a viewpoint other than to kill the thread,I wonder would that be a good political objective,I`s`nt discussion to further the thread noty KILL,KILL..
No wonder Erads are popping up down there.
What ever happened to discussion and differential opinions on a viewpoint,dishpanning,actually good when looking for gold.I don`t want any medals but the OP has a good vid,not unless somebodies bored and feels the need to react,go on, only a button away.KILL,KILL,KILL,the threads still there and the vid.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've seen spacecrafts (notice I'm not saying UFOs), and that's an star or a planet. The music and all those zoom in - zoom out made it look like something else.

And this comes from an abductee-contactee, not from a skeptic.

This thread make me realize we are short of good debunkers in ATS lately, just to keep the equilibrium.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That same video was posted on another thread a few days ago. Only that time it was supposed to be in another country. Brazil I think. I wonder how many times it will be retitled and presented again? Perhaps Russia next time?

I think it was over the last weekend. I even have it downloaded at home. Look for a fairly long thread. I'm at work and can't look right now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Forgive me. This one is different, but the same. Perhaps this is the original that the other one was pieced together from. Parts of it look the same and the beginning after the titles I think is the same.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would say that its just the sun with a dimming lens on the camera, but the city lights throw that out the window. The color is also unusual. The color and brightness doesnt indicate that its one of ours.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They were looking to see what we have done with Marc Emery.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ive seen this object in the skies over the UK for the past few months.....its Jupiter
Unless it decided to come and park up stationary over the UK every night for the past couple of months haha

The video is poor quality, looks like it was taken on a cheap digital camera, a cemera phone or an old tape recorder (video).
The object is stationary the whole time....the illusion of it moving is from the zoom...the camera shake and the change of position by the actual guy recording it.

I will go and record "the ufo" when we next have a clear sky and show you that it is infact Jupiter....il do the same zooming and set my digital camera to 1mp or below to account for quality. No point in filming in 12mp as you would clearly see what im looking at....and the point is to show that poor quality video is the main contributing factor in this whole video.

Ive yet to see a video of a UFO in 1080p.....despite the fact that many people nowadays own such cameras.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Victoria is a Navy base, it has many exercises with US navy and Coast guard. I am not saying it is a helicopter, but I need to watch the video again. I used to live there and I am not sure exactly what my analysis is yet.

Even from high buildings in Victoria BC you can still be much lower than the rising hills. I am going to research this more and see if I can get more information. If we can find out exactly this was filmed for I can give a better guess.

I must admit that some parts of the video the object looked really high up but when he zooms out it looks really low.

I am going to read the rest of the thread then watch the video again and see if I can come up with anything.

Star and flag! I love good UFO mysteries, especially one I might be able to help out one ( I hope).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I took a quick look at the video again and it is way too high to be a mountain top light or fire which was my first guess, but it is too high for that.

The other members who said Jupiter, I won't argue that because you guys sounded like you know your stuff, and I know jack squat about astronomy. That could very well be Jupiter.

I must admit that some moments depending on the cloud cover and zoom it looked like it could be a hovering object. I have never actually seen or noticed Jupiter to know what it looks like.

They look like they were down town on one of the high rise condos or apartments. If it was west like they said (and lower than it appears to be) it would be hovering over Esquimalt, View Royal, Westshore, ore the Pacific ocean. This is where the naval base is located, but the space brains seem to know it is Jupiter and it did seem too high to be a helicopter.

I am unable to make a decision as for what I really think it is

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It really looks like a paraflare to me. But why, over the city, would anyone use one of those? Was there a big crime scene action at the same time? I can see it now. UFO lands on the lawn in front of Government house, a very small man climbs out and looks around. A woman walks up to him, bends over to say howdy and "I suppose you want to see our leader"? The little space man says, "Take me to your ladder lady, I'll see your leader later".

OK that's a joke from the fifties.... for those of you who weren't here then.

Seriously I betcha it was a paraflare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join