It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube now useless for new uploaded vids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel that YouTube is pointless for looking at new UFO vids because of the multiple spam of "documented UFO" videos being uploaded. One of the profiles has 500+ of the 1 minute or so text videos.

I know technically the dude is doing nothing wrong, but its just the sheer amount of vids page after page that gets anoying.

Anyway my moan is over.
edit on 27-1-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

More ufo sightings maybe?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yeah.

One thing I am confused about is what is this VEVO garbage?

It sucks. YouTube is now TheirTube.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Seriously ? Just ignore the user (as in the ignore option) if you think someones videos are rubbish, then they won't show up in your results.

Personally I'm pretty disgusted you felt that this was a valid topic to bring to this particular forum. This isn't a place to whine and stamp your feet, this is supposed to be a forum for discussing UFO's and Alien Life.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree.
I actually make it a point to not watch any video with vevo in it no matter how bad I want to see something.
I'll find it elsewhere instead if I can.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan

Personally I'm pretty disgusted you felt that this was a valid topic to bring to this particular forum.

Disgusted? Seriously? The op has made a legitimate point on the decline and dumbing-down of UFOlogy. No need to whine and stamp your feet.

This isn't a place to whine and stamp your feet,

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah.

One thing I am confused about is what is this VEVO garbage?

It sucks. YouTube is now TheirTube.

Amen to that. VEVO is unwatchable. Takes hours to load a 5 minute video. You are forced to watch useless commercials for crap nobody wants and crappy Disney channel artists new album coming soon i cant stand. I even joined a I hate VEVO club on a social network site. I always leave comments on VEVO videos how it sucks. It's a fight i cant win.

OP
Yes the plethora of go phone night footage of planes, birds, bugs, balloons and endless attention wh@ing CGI and relentless hoaxes on youtube has ruined my experience as a curious viewer. To add insult to injury everyone hosting this crap claims to be ufoligist screaming Disclosure religiously. When they are not a paranormal investigator chasing ghosts and demons that is.

But rejoyce everyone the ET's are going to make an appearance over your city or town, please buy my book

edit on 27-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I agree with the original poster.
We should have a repository of vetted footage that ATS users consider as viable evidence,
with a scoring of 1 to 10 after careful informed scrutiny.
If copyright issues are relevant, at least links pointing to.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree.
I actually make it a point to not watch any video with vevo in it no matter how bad I want to see something.
I'll find it elsewhere instead if I can.

Drums!!!

Agreed on both, Vevo is annoying and I don't like any video that has it. I will click on another. It's slow and I don't want to see commercials on a youtube video..

As far as the UFO vids OP I just watch whatever ones I want. I don't pay too much attention to the poster and their other videos unless they have others of interest. If a video is bad I just find a different one to look at.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah its all spam these days, a conspiricy theorist is hard pressed to find any real footage on there anymore

Allthough some of the "Fake" Vids are hillairious:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

For me i totally ignore all these vids, i prefer to hear about old cases before mankind had techs you could not distinguish between alien and human crafts.

How anyone can tell a fake vid or fake photo today is beyond me. If you took your time on a vid or photo you could make it look very real. I just ignore all of them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I too tend to find myself watching the older videos and the videos with pics and articles that are before all this tech we have. I watch more documentaries than anything and there are quite a few I have seen that have pics of UFOs I have never seen. Some I have never seen on ATS. I wanted to make a thread on a few of them but the poster of the video never responded to me as to where they got the pics. I did a google search on the location but came up with nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
YouTube sold out a long time ago.. Users may have heard of comments going missing/deleted, channels getting deleted, the whole adverts saga...
On topic, as stated by somebody above you really cant tell in this day and age whether a video is legitimate or not due to advances in technology.

Aliens though?
Although obviously possible, and plausible if you consider the vastness of the universe, I still see no definitive proof.
I have searched, albeit not as hard as I could have.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If not youtube then what else do we have to look for or upload videos? Maybe there's another way but youtube is the only one I am familiar with and I would rather have that than nothing at all. Unfortunately there are bad videos but you have to take the good with the bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Shi i remember when you could pirate full movies off youtube, rat bastards, now its just as censored as everything else.

new topics

top topics

join