It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volunteer!! Pay off National Debt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If the US Government were to ask you to live without your tax return for a number of years and all money would go to paying off the nations debt would you be willing to do it?

How much of the population do you think would be willing to participate?

I think this would be a great way to get rid of the debt. Make it mandatory even.... Of course there would have to be zero corruption and ALL of the money go toward the debt... Lets just assume it would when answering the questions above.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
that is the dumbest thing i have read on this site...
u honestly think that will work?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

Gee, on the flip side, do they volunteer to forgive us what we owe them???
we always end up paying.....I don't even claim myself on the w4s or whatever, and we still always end up paying....

so, well, I gladly volunteer that one freak year where might actually get something back...if they will volunteer the money that we end up paying every year...ya know, to help us keep our household budget more balanced....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If every American Paid 100% of their income in taxes and using total population of 312,000,000 people, and saying they made the national median income (for full time employed people) of $33,000 it would still take two years to pay of the current debt.

And that doesn't cover entitlements the Govt. has has to pay out.
edit on 27-1-2011 by watchitburn because: add

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
If the US Government were to ask you to live without your tax return for a number of years and all money would go to paying off the nations debt would you be willing to do it?

You get a tax return?

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
How much of the population do you think would be willing to participate?

Less than 1%.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

TPTB will not let anyone pay off the National Debt. Both The Hunt Brothers of Texas, and the Montana Freemen tried that. I don't know what happened to the Hunt's but the Freeman are in Federal prison, no charges were ever brought. The government is so in bed with the FED and Central Banking Cartel, they wouldn't let anyone pay off the debt. that would collapse their income structure.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Eh I would rather my tax return go to the national debt than to my ex wife, so, sure, I would donate my tax return to paying off the national debt.

Not like I receive anything anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

If you read my post...I stated that it would require the govt to not be corrupt (obviously not the case) and the money actually go toward the debt.

I asked the question of my co-workers and the majority seems willing to give it up for a couple of years to pay off our huge amount of debt.

Thanks everyone who responded...I was curious as to how ATS members would respond to such an idea. At least it sparked some sort of discussion...

So thank you all!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why should we reward the gov for behaving like a jackass?

If you had a cousin who ran up a debt with loan sharks and drug pushers and hookers would you bail him out? It's not like the country is sitting on a huge medical bill or something. It's in this mess because of consistent bad behavior and poor judgment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It is our country is it not? We elected these officials to office did we not?

We cant change the fact that things have been mis-handled, but we can correct the problem.

You can't turn back time....all you can do is fix and learn from your mistakes.

This is just a suggested option on how to accomplish the "fix" part.

My family are all angels btw...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The short answer... no.

You can't solve money problems with money.

Plus I am already helping to fund a collapsing social security "ponzi scheme" from which I will never draw a dime. So I am not quite sure how much more of my money I want to keep striking a match to.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

I didnt elect any of these people. In all my voting years not one candidate I had pulled for has won.

It's like I keep telling them how not to screw up and they just wont listen yet I have to pay for their mistakes.

If my kid was like that I wouldnt support him. 18 and hes cut off and out.

top topics

join