It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bromo Volcano erupts in Indonesia, flights canceled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This is annoying to a lot of people...

Volcano stops Jetstar flights to Bali

The travel plans of hundreds of Australians have been thrown into disarray after an Indonesian volcano erupted, spewing a large cloud of ash into the air.

The eruption of the Tengger Caldera volcano (Mount Bromo), on Java, forced the cancellation of five Jetstar flights on Thursday night.

The Darwin Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre, part of the Bureau of Meteorology issued an advisory on Thursday saying Tengger Caldera had erupted, with ash extending 200 nautical miles northeast.

Aw... at least no one is hurt due to that eruption.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ok, I'm expecting 2 groups of people responding here, I am interested in only one though.. Dont care to much for the debunkers as most only exhibit a certain kind of fear when writting these happenings off as "normal" (on the other hand it IS normal up to a certain degree)

What I am wondering about is the statystical information pertaining to the year 2011, so far it seems as though the disaster-trend wich set in in 2010 is joyfully continueing this year with all of these mass-dieoffs and floods and whatnot... What is "normal"? And are we deviating from this norm? I am convinced that at least the mass-dieoffs are anything but normal, so what about volcanic activity? What comes to mind is the bulging of yellowstone for example...

So here's waiting for the 2nd group, that they may be able to show us, with some solid evidence, what we are looking at here...

cheers...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Bromo did the same thing back in November. Hope it stops soon though. I have a family member over there who I don't want getting stuck. He has to get home next week.
This volcano has been grumbling away since soon after Merapi went off.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've been noticing some interesting information on recent activity for the big volcanoes around the world. Lake Taupo, Yellowstone, Whakamaru, Island park caldera, Campi Flegrie, Reporoa are experiencing activity today. It's nothing big, just minor activity really but all at the same time. Some of the smaller ones are experiencing activty right now. Are the big ones getting active? Not too concerned right now but I don't know enough to know if this concerning. Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I may be crazy (and correct me if i'm wrong) but it seems that there has been a lot of global activity so far this year. Mass Die-offs, Tectonic and Volcanic activity, Super Storms, and last but not least Polar Shifts causing Airports to re-number their runways. I don't buy that this "is completely normal", or "it happens all the time".

I'm only 29 years old, and I know these things do happen, but all within the first Month of the Year? Come on people lets be honest we have mistreated the planet for to long, and now Mother Nature will have her revenge! Another thing to also consider is that Meteorologists are predicting that with "La Nina" neutralizing before or during the upcoming Hurricane Season there will more than likely be severe Hurricanes this year. A predicted 11 making landfall and possibly 5 of them an F3 or stronger.

www.hurricanetrack.com...
edit on 2/3/2011 by jasonkrice because: Add website

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

ALL of the worlds volcanos could erupt at once followed by Simultaneous Earth Quakes on ALL continents
killing every known animal on earth and some A-hole on ATS would be here in 5 mins stating that this is all perfectly normal and happens from time to time. He would cite sources and link to several articles where this "Phenomenon has been thouroughly "debunked".

You know it in your heart. You can see with your own eyes what is happening. Get right with your creator and take steps to secure your familys safety. "IT" is NOT coming...."IT" is HERE!!!!!! NOW!!!! and you know it. Go with your gut feeling on this one people.

top topics

join