It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video Game Depicts Takeover of United States (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Full Story and Video:
www.thehalsreport.com...

In recently released footage of the game “Homefront,” Kaos Studios depicts the United States of America under foreign occupation after the economic collapse of the U.S dollar. The game, which is rated mature, comes out March 3rd and will surely spark controversy.

Homefront was written with the help of CIA consultants who focus on homeland security. Tae Kim, a former CIA field agent stated, “we went through a very rigorous, academic research process to make sure to not only look at North Korea’s current state, but to look at historical examples of how things could parallel and turn events.”

The game is set in America in the year 2027 when a now-nuclear armed Korean People’s Army invades the United States. The game focuses on the collapse of the U.S. and the subsequent occupation thereafter. The player is invited to join a group called the American resistance, a group which deploys “guerrilla tactics and drone weapons” to fight the Asian occupation.

According to Kaos Studios, the main storyline of the game is built around not only the growth of the North Korean forces over the years leading to the invasion, but also the economic downfall of the United States and the unrest that grips the nation before the invasion.
Game Timeline:

* 2011: “North Korea’s weapons program intensifies. Some countries want the UN to put severe sanctions on North Korea.
* 2012:“Kim Jong-il’s dies and North Korea greets their new leader, Kim Jong-il’s son Kim Jong-un”
* 2013:“Kim Jong-un unites North and South Korea” The Greater Korean Republic is formed.”
* 2015: “Costs at the pump break the $20 mark,” this forces America to become destabilized.”
* 2017: “Civil unrest intensifies with the demise of the U.S. dollar.” Several riots break out in America and the military starts to pull troops out of Asia.
* 2018: Riots continue from 2018-2022.
* 2022: “The President orders a freeze on bank withdrawals.” The U.S. economy has completely failed.
* 2024: “North Korean annexation continues to spread” North Korea takes over Asia.
* 2025: “The Greater Korean Republic launches its latest communication satellite claiming it will bring a message of peace” but the satellite is really an EMP weapon that knocks out all electronics in North America. The Greater Korean Republic begins the invasion.
* 2026: “The U.S. military is scattered” due to communications issues and the surprise attack.

In Homefront, the main character is a pilot named Robert Jacobs, and during the opening moments of the game soldiers knock on Jacobs’ door and throw him onto a bus. When the bus leaves the town of Montrose Colorado, Jacob sees a brutal public execution take place outside. Two parents are taken from their child, pushed against a wall and shot in front of the young boy. Their brains spatter all over the bus window, which continues to drive away. Later, Jacobs witnesses groups of people being herded off to labor camps as he glances out of the bus window. Eventually, the player escapes from the bus when it is ambushed by American resistance fighters. This is just the beginning of level one, as the game continues combat breaks out in a Home Depot parking lot and you use guerrilla warfare tactics in a suburban Colorado neighborhood. America is also plagued by a flu epidemic in the game.

Full Story and Video:
www.thehalsreport.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Seems kinda like a prequel to Fallout, but way more propaganda fuelled.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
wow, I'd play that game. I wonder who financed it though? It seems like they really don't like the koreans.

Next it'll be a game or a movie that will be about China invading the U.S.A. and we have to fight and kill them! So predictable.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
So thats what all those Fema coffins are for.

lets see what else...

NK wont get that powerful, hell, most of their country doesnt even have power, let alone send a satelight up into space to send an EMP down on us.

If anyone, it would be China IMO.

Too many holes.

But Ill go with it.

Looks like a fun game.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i think i might play this game. it sounds fun. i dont think there should be any "outrage" or any think towards, even though there probably will be. someone who actually likes games will see it as just that and appreciate it for its good story and gameplay. it does sound like a good story.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by myster0

Almost like they wanted to 'out-patriotism' all the other FPSs.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BombDefined

Seems that way. Not sure what to think. You can also play as a Korean killing U.S troops.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Why's this a conspiracy?

Beats the usual games-America head shotting middle east people...never the other way round.
I'v always wondered if Germany, Vietnam and other countries have games where thier killing brittsh & americans.
If not, it would be pretty # blowing you're own armies heads off..but its just a game......

this game is jest entertainment only..not no real story.

ever heard of Six Days In Fullujah?...now they're the games we dont want.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nuff said, I'm so buying this game for pure entertainment fun. Wow, Call of Duty: Black Ops eat your heart out! This game will fit in nicely with my xbox collection

edit on 27-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: Added video

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

That video is blocked in America due to copywright claim.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The New ATS video China Unleashed talks about the same thing this game does. China and the Koreas uniting. WOW. I didn't realize that until right now.

StreetView.AboveTopSecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I saw this game awhile ago, last year, it looks good. Though on a conspiracy level, it could be a possibility but probably not likely. Maybe they think putting out there will give the people an idea if it ever did happen, to resist instead of sitting at home waiting to be took over.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I want to play this game aswell, Looks pretty cool......

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The companion novel written by the Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now author is supposed to have much more detail on how this scenario came to be.

Unification of Korea and Chinas backing muscling Japan into partnership are key elements along with Americas bankruptcy. If America owes China everything and Korea is Chinas little commie brother it isnt too far fetched I imagine.

More likely than some illiterates in caves ruling the world with religious zealotry at least.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by theclutch

That's the plot for the Red Dawn remake.

Production is currently on hold though.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
hi there yh this game looks good . they are not trying to glorify war .
anyone got a ps3 ? add me DOOMSDAYAKAHEINZ

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wow. You can really tell this game was written by CIA consultants. How absurd that NK could take over asia. NK couldn't run a BK!

They claimed that they looked at historical examples, and they sure did, they looked at fearmongering propaganda. Look at the Cold War, where the commies were everywhere and were spreading across the world and moving in next door and working at the grocery store. Any day now the Russians are going to take over. Real Red Dawn or Plan 9 from Outer Space stuff. It never happened and it never would happen. The Russians didn't have many strong economic allies, they did not have a high level of technological advancement outside of a few pet industries, and they were never as economically dynamic as the US and Europe.

Then supposedly Korea and Vietnam would spread communism across the world. Vietnam kicked our butts and still didn't remain commie. China went capitalist. None of it was going to happen. It was all fearmongering from the start. I know there were people in government who really believed it, but anyone with their head on straight knew it was a bunch of garbage.

Now supposedly a bunch of cave dwelling religious mongoloids are going to bring about the undoing of modern Western civilization. They have been pushed into the mountains, they have no organization, they have little money, and many of their techniques are better undertstood than ever. They represent no threat. Sure, they will occasionally blow up a plane or something, but such is the way of the world. Terrorists will always exist and find a chink in the armor.

And these CIA spooks really expect me to believe NORTH KOREA, which can't even feed its populace, is going to somehow conquer Asia and then declare war with the United STates!?!? Someone is either drinking the kool aid or is intentionally fearmongering.

Or possibly they wanted to go with China but didn't want to start an incident. Or more likely, wanted to sell copies in China.

EDIT: That said, the game looks cool. So, I'll probably play the heck out of it and laugh at the plot.

edit on 27-1-2011 by schlub because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by schlub

You're right about all that.

Except in this story NK doesn't declare war on the US. They arrive in California with funding from other Asian countries to "help" the failing economy. I haven'tgotten far in the book yet but it seems like NK is invited into the US to relieve international debts and assist with rebuilding the US.

I guess because NK has experience running on an empty tank. lol

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I would have went with Japan.

Hypothetical game scenario
2015-2020: Global economy collapses in the wake of Chinese and American financial collapse. Japan rapidly rebuilds its armed forces and builds nuclear weapons.

2021: Japan invades Siberia to secure oil and other resources.
2022: Japan begins intervention operations in Korea and Taiwan.
2023: Japanese are invited in the Cascadian region of the US to provide security and stability forces.

Game would start in 2024, in occupied Seattle. Where some Americans have begun a campaign of resistance against the Japanese humanitarian and peacekeeping mission.

There wouldn't be any "bad" guys. Some Americans would be Pro mission and others Anti mission. Some Japanese would genuinely care and others would not.

But I'm not a game designer.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

"Go back to bed america, we have it all figured out, go back to 24hs of American Gladiators, you are free, to do as we tell you, you are free to do as we tell you"..
Bill hicks ftw.

It's amazing how you guys keep needing boogiemans to give meaning to your "way of life"...
Whatever, go nuts killing bits.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join