It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese man jailed for illegally exporting US military equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Chinese Man Jailed Article...
Date: January 27, 2011

Zhen Zhou Wu, 46, made multiple visits to the US to buy components used in radars and missile systems which he then exported to China via Hong Kong using forged papers to evade the US arms embargo to China imposed after the 1989 Tiananmen Square killings.

He is the second Chinese to be sentenced in America this week for illegally transferring military technology to China after a 66-year-old former B-2 Stealth Bomber engineer was jailed for 32 years for selling military secrets to be used in the development of a Chinese cruise missile.

By 2007 more than 25 per cent of Chitron’s illegal exports were being passed to a number of state-owned Chinese corporations charged with the procurement, development and manufacture of electronics for the Chinese military.

“This defendant and corporation violated US export laws and compromised our national security for more than a decade,” said US Attorney Carmen Ortiz.

I was kind of wondering how the Chinese military is rapidly advancing on their war technology. It is just proof how espionage is still around and if something is not done soon enough about beefing up security (and trust) in America, some serious warfare will happen between US & China for ultimate political warfare power!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Very nice thread, I cannot agree more. Unfortunatly I believe there are more Chinese spies in the U.S. than any other. They lust for the technology we have aquired. I wish I knew more about it, but I have never met a" spy". Right now our technology is what sets us ahead of other countries military wise, seeing as we do not have near as many men as other countries military do. If they catch up by stealing or buying our technology, its just not good. They have way too many men. Nice thread though

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Sneaky bastards. Send a message.....ship him home in several pieces of luggage.

I am getting tired of reading about these guys every week.

maybe its time we unleash the rumble.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

What's "the rumble"? And don't say rumble packs that come with our video game controllers

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So he goes to jail....

I wonder what happens to our spies when china catches them.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Boredomsux because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Hopefully you will be reading about it in the News.

Soon! Stay Warm and well grounded

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

True. However there are also several techies and scientists of Chinese heritage in the US. The problem lies in identifying who is the SPY. Sure there are spies on both sides of the fence but as you mentioned, currently US military spends the most on military technology. Stealing is the easy way to obtain cutting edge technology without spending billions of dollars. As long as GREED is present, there will always be people from within the US willingly sell the technology to anyone with the right price. This is nothing new but it has been this way since the world wars. The spies were all over the world from every country spying on each other. However the things that gets me the most and upsets me is that we dont have much to steal these days but only the outsiders have a lot to steal from US. Perhaps we should just keep quiet and not advertise our capabilities just like so many other countries around the world does. I'm sure even we do not show exactly what we have in the military technology but the publicly visible technology which is still superior is compromised as well. This is where if we had enough local scientists to contribute to the R&D, we wouldn't have to face the dilemma and wonder if some of the scientists of chinese heritage are the spies. This would help narrow down the traders within at the least. It is a shame that billions of dollars of public money is spent on R&D only to be sold or compromised by some greedy individual or a spy.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

FYI. I thought this was funny as per how the internal media represents the Chinese Government.

blogs.wsj.com... blog

new topics

top topics

join