It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan infants fed pure opium.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hi Ats, just found this online and thought it was very interesting. Sorry if it's been posted before but I couldn't find it.

CNN Link

In a far flung corner of northern Afghanistan, Aziza reaches into the dark wooden cupboard, rummages around, and pulls out a small lump of something wrapped in plastic. She unwraps it, breaking off a small chunk as if it were chocolate, and feeds it to four-year-old son, Omaidullah. It's his breakfast -- a lump of pure opium.

Wow. I feel so sorry for these people, they're so poor they have to use drugs to survive. Especially the kids, they've pretty much got no chance from the very beginning. Also the parents have no education therefore no knowledge of the dangers.
Hopefully we as a race move out of this hole we seem to be stuck in.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
feel sorry for them? i wish i had that for breakfast opposed to some sugar coated load of rubbish
its been around for ages and still they do it, sugar breakfasts have been around for how long and look at the damage it does
we live in a different world,dont feel sorry for them, they dont want your pity, they just want to be left alone.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yeah, they have the right to eat whatever they want.

If it hurts them, I don't care.

I am in control of myself, and what my own kids eat. That's where I am the boss.
And so my kids eat good foods, and I am thankful for that.

I do not have any wish to change other people's dietary choices, although it is ok to criticize or educate them of their mistakes.

But under no circumstance do any of us have the right to force them to eat or not eat something.

It's their body, their kids, their lives, their choice.

If this is the only food source they have, well we should maybe look into sending them some rice or something. That would be the best solution.

Honestly, how is this different from Westerners constantly drugging up their kids on Tylenol or whatever in order to make them stop crying? I see no difference at all. Drugging kids to make em shut up is pretty common everywhere. I don't condone it though, it seems somewhat harmful but hey that's me.

Your kids, your choice.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
these people would feel sorry for us if they knew what we ate. our juices isn't really juice and our food isn't really what they say it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well sorry for feeling sorry for these people, but I do. Especially the kids. I know I wouldn't want to be a drug addict before I even knew what one was.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I doubt they would even have poppy fields if it wasn't for the good old USA and
our scumbag CIA.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If it hurts them, I don't care.

Wow, really. Don't even know what to say to that.

I am in control of myself, and what my own kids eat. That's where I am the boss.
And so my kids eat good foods, and I am thankful for that.

So if the tables were turned and you were poor and had to give your kids drugs to function, you wouldn't want compassion from anyone else? Cause with that attitude my friend you definitely wouldn't get any.

But under no circumstance do any of us have the right to force them to eat or not eat something.

Who's trying to do that?

Honestly, how is this different from Westerners constantly drugging up their kids on Tylenol or whatever in order to make them stop crying? I see no difference at all.

It's very different as these people "don't" have a "choice".

Peace 2 all

edit on 27/1/2011 by Hazz-14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join