It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how about this for a conspiracy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
human beings are actually getting dumber!?!

think about it

the people at the top over the years gradually give us new technology etc
but as people we are less intelligent as a result.. (think the whole iphone thing.. people if they need toknow something go on their phone before they even try and think of the answer)

surely this is exactly they want us to be...
surely the correlation between the actual device and the person using it isnt in proportion...
and surely if they lead us towards a system that we engage in they obviously can control it in as many ways as they really want.. ie slower internet speeds,sites banned, the computers arent as clever...

slowly tho while they are letting us have this technology we are losing part of our own capabilities...
not as spirtual,not as practical,no common sense,memory repressed
even with computers we couldnt build the pyramids and the rest of the stuff
but did those people have computers? no... so how did they do it? BECAUSE THEY WERE SMARTER THAN US!

i dont want any comments regarding the pyramids either.

example : grandparents have no idea about computers, toddlers now do.
those grandparents never had things such as adhd etc etc the toddlers now, do.
move onto another means of control, medicine...

i know this is all pretty loose and all over the place, but just think a little about it.

its very rare for a normal person these days to come up with something that revolutionizes any particular area thats already developing, its always "some crazy nut with a gun" or someone who is violent, my point very basic forms of human evolution opposed to the more advanced forms ie technology

and back in the day it was certain people da vinci, tesla etc etc that developed these crazy ideas that led onto becoming major parts of our society, i suggest that these people are scape goats in the same sense that lee harvey oswald and other people were used as scape goats...

by having scape goats or singular people it dismiss the idea of their being a push from behind the curtain of a group of people that are indeed in control of things..

gota think some more about it just had to get this part out ....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Where does that information come from? Humans.
I think technology makes the information more accessible to be learned.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I agree - the example I would have used would have been Sat Nav.
The amount of people who cant even find their way around their own home city without the aid of these things is frightening.
I do own one and use it only when going somewhere far away and only to get me to the actual street, as I am able to find my way to, for example Sheffield, entirely without the aid of any maps etc.
It makes people dependent on technology to do something they could just learn how to do. Someone I know (as I said) cannot get to another area of our city without this.

Tech does have its benefits as obviously we can now research multiple sources for information quickly, but it has invariably made some people more "dumb" as things are just made easier for them and there is less need to think for themselves.

My thoughts on the main reason for dumbing down are the endless stream of "reality" TV shows such as Big Brother, Celebrity Jungle etc - people love this mindless drivel over here in the UK (do people in Canada/US/Australia etc have all of these as well?)and have no interest in anything of any note when you try and raise other topics that require thought.
As the legendary comedian Billy Connolly once said "We're sitting in our house, watching people sitting in a house" in a sketch about dumb britain.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

i dont believe it comes from humans at all.

learned? how can you learn something thats already been realised?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Don't forget that kids these days cannot even tell time on an analog clock, and use "words" like "LOL" in school term papers.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

yeah the sat nav one is a great example..
umm the reality tv thing is not as popular as what it use to be in australia in the sense of big brother, its more to do with cooking shows which astounds me, you are watching someone judge someone about cooking that the viewer cannot taste smell or have any input to the show at all.. if that makes sense
theres a new one coming out here tho get this ex criminals that are going to become chefs!!
oh and masterchef spin off kid chef or whateva the # its called. its mental
people would rather watch brain numbing then things that can make their brain work and become alive

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

not oh less advantaged get chance to make something of themselves, lets put ex cons in a show that can help them put their lives bck on track

i swear this # affects me so badly. why should i trust any human when this is the norm?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yes you are correct .Why are children even allowed to use calculators in class .Teenagers don't even know how to change at the checkout .

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Not only cooking shows, but shows like Billy the exterminator. An exterminator tv show, really? A totally FAKED car repo show. Monster hunters, alien hunters, dog the bounty hunter, all pointless shows. Fed to you so you can shut your brain off. Just back in the 80's if you took a concept like any of these shows to a network or producer you would have been laughed out of the studio's. Now it's like if you bring in a show like "mike the painter, joe the taxidermist, fred the bum, or anything to do with cops or lawyers or investigators, then your the biggest loser writer in hollywood kickin back with millions in the bank.
People are getting dumber! We have the audacity to think that just because we have access to more technology than ever before that we are smarter than ever before. This may be true for some people, but most and I'd say around 80% are just DUMB. No one has an original thought anymore.
Hell one of my oldest and best friends is the smartest dumb person that I know. He's going into a project that has been proven to be a failure over and over again by some of the wealthiest people on the planet. When all he has to do is add one thing to his project that's been proven to ALWAYS make money! Does he listen to reason, no because he is a FRICKEN ARTIST! Now that is just DUMB! He knows the facts about his entire industry and can't see it even when it's pointed out to him. This thing he needs to add to his project would also cost him NOTHING! He could get the resource for free! LMAO ROTFL

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

well of course...
getting people dependent on technology that replaces common sense..

then hit them with Fluoride ..

Fluoride Stupidity

The following letter was received by the Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee Wisconsin, on 2 October 1954, from Mr. Charles Perkins, a chemist: "I have your letter of September 29 asking for further documentation regarding a statement made in my book, The Truth About Water Fluoridation, to the effect that the idea of water fluoridation was brought to England from Russia by the Russian Communist Kreminoff. "In the 1930's, Hitler and the German Nazi's envisioned a world to be dominated and controlled by a Nazi philosophy of pan-Germanism. The German chemists worked out a very ingenious and far-reaching plan of mass-control which was submitted to and adopted by the German General Staff. This plan was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water supplies. By this method they could control the population in whole areas, reduce population by water medication that would produce sterility in women, and so on. In this scheme of mass-control, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place. ...

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination, by slowly poisoning and narcotizing a certain area of the brain, thus making him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.” A convenient light lobotomy

It is well known that Fluoride
reduces IQ levels.. (every heard a dumb polish joke? they were hit with massive amounts of Fluoride)
reduces childbirth rate.. (cant fight a war with out troops)
causes bones disease's..
does not help with children's teeth...
on & on..

your witnessing the effects of one of the TPTB best weapons in their struggle to reduce the population by 80% and maintain control...
and they sold it to the people through lies and deception..
the very same company that backed fluoride also pushed Leaded gas & Asbestos..
were not talking pharmacy fluoride.. no.. no.. my friend..
we are talking the very same crap outta smoke stacks that had to be disposed of at a high price..

so yep .. I here ya loud and clear.. things have gotten to the point we the average joe sheeple can not even get in his car with out the aid of some Soylent Green electronic voice guiding every step...

the Technology is baby stepping the way gradually to a safe conformist society.. free from questioning ..

hell look at the diebold voting machines..Vote Candidate A ! ! hes 1% different than Candidate B ! !

anyways.. check out a torrent on Conspiracy Central's tracker called DRINKING WATER: Let the Truth Be Told (fluoride) .. couple of great videos put together.. including a great book.. The Fluoride Deception..

and use Peer Block to be safe when sharing..

wow i think i just ranted..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My IQ test results were a 155. I know I'm good to go. The rest of you, I'm not so sure about. I mean, honestly, more than half of the topics that get posted to this forum are unbelievably stupid. A good percentage of the replies aren't much better.

I worry about some of you. You could blame flouride in the water, the public school system or even genetics. But it doesn't solve the problem. Merely points out the obvious.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So somone who uses his sat nav to get to a destination is being dumbed down because he did not learn the route before hand.

What if his destination was to enable him to attend a forum on quantum physics?

How does he plan/learn the route before hand, with a map? Well thats another form of dumbing down shouldnt he have discovered the location of the destination by exploration to show how really clever he is?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The point I am making is that people become reliant on the technology to get somewhere they should be able to just find through having an awareness of their surroundings.
Where I live, in a medium sized city in the UK, it should not be that hard to be aware of where each area is and how to navigate around it, yet people cant without SatNav.
SatNav has a purpose of course, just trying to say about how people cant think for themselves.
Take these pair - despite driving towards a church - they carry on because their SatNav had told them to go that way! Absolutely shocking.
Turn Right, Church, keep going no panic!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We're already past the dumb point of return. I knew if for sure when my high schooler came home with a paper in math class that had a smiley face on it. This is from a so-called AAA rated school mind you. Answers she gave were wrong yet there was a smiley face. I ask the teacher what the hell kind of grade a smiley face is and why werent the questions marked wrong so she could correct them and I was informed they grade a percentage of the total grade on "participation points". WTF... participation points? Who came up with such an idiotic method to teach?! with all of the percentages you can flunk every single test and still pass the course. Incredible.

Well, yes, I believe we're churning out illiterate morons with diplomas..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i didnt read everything, but i hear where your coming from, they do want us to be less smart, they dont want us as human being s to know anything, because they wont be able to rule if we did. I do believe that there is a shadow government trying to take over. i also believe we live in some form of matrix. im not going to lie i believe in god and i believe god is trying to help us break the fake vibe thats been in the air. it seems every generation gets into technology, but even i know that technology is making life harder, because technology takes away our intelligence and so we dont understand complicated things like energy or emotions. But there is a way technology can be used to make you smarter, ive been curently trying to develope a way to use technology to make me smarter instead of less smart. im glad you brought up this topic, cause i wud have never even thought of it again if you didnt.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Hi

I understand what you are getting at but people have always relied on tech.

Not many years ago most people never left their village. Quite a few today never leave their towns so being navigationally challenged is probably nothing new. Cities are massively complex places to navigate around.

I hear complaints that the youth of today do not write letters. They don’t they are to busy sending texts and Emails.

Each new generation is accused of dumbing down by the previous; I believe there are examples of this from the Roman and ancient Greek manuscripts to mention a few.

The truth is the average IQ of humanity is and has always been low. It also contains clever individuals and random genius.

If you mean that this tech is being used to desensitise and avert attention from things we all should care about then you may have a point but that too is nothing new

edit on 27-1-2011 by colin42 because: correction of typos and crap spelling (I used tech to do it)

top topics

join