It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS response to the Sate of The Union.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Now that everyone has heard the SOTU speech and the GOP's response.I think it's time we respond.My fellow ATSer's after the meaningless speech of last night.Once more we are witness to just how devoid of new ideas these figureheads are the President talks of a "sputnik moment."and then makes vague statements about job development and creating clean energy among other things.I must ask where will the money for all this come from? how can we develop these new jobs when companies will just outsource them the first chance they get? Clean energy well and good but,with Big Oil and other interests blocking any real advancement of these resources in this country how do we go about it? As always more questions then answers from both parties.Internationally we have a massive wave of unrest sweeping through Europe and much of the Middle East.I say to my fellow members of ATS with chaos comes great opportunity we are on the verge of a shift of massive proportions and The US can either be a part of it or be consumed by it.The idea of an American Empire is clearly obsolete now is the time to change how we as a people view the world.Domestically there are claims that we are now recovering from the recession and yet the foreclosures continue the banks and Wall Street are protected and there is great uneasiness among the people of America which unsurprisingly many have tried to take advantage of.We will come out of this period stronger and hopefully wiser.
edit on 013131p://4326 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

PS:Give your own response to the Sate of The Union.

edit on 013131p://4526 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
america will "win" the future, nuff said.

it says loads of what he knows. it showed he knows soon we will be competing for life, and that not everyone is going to make it. it also showed he wants us to get more competitive, and thats not good either. i dont know about everything he said, most is fluff, the norm.

the country could be falling apart at the seams (like now) and the sotu would only talk about positive points
when obama, (the biggest liar i have ever seen put into the white-house) comes out with nothing but good points, refers to all his campaign promises as if he is actually going to follow through with tem, has no criticism, and doesnt even bring up the actual issues, it is the first ( and biggest ) red flag. the propaganda machine is still up and running.

you can see the propaganda everywhere, but it takes some patience and a lot of thinking from other perspectives to see where it is leading, or what the point is
edit on 27-1-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Excellent policy position Mr. President, and a great speech, seriously. Already the energies are more alive, the future brighter, the newfound emerging sense of optimism palpable, and the new conversation, begun. Good work!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
SpectreDC's response to the State of The Union: Our country was on heroin. Heroin is bad. We became addicted. Addiction to heroin is worst than heroin itself as addiction leads to withdrawal, which is what we have now. Withdrawal, in many cases, leads to pain and sometimes even death.

It's a simple question America: Do we take more heroin so we don't go through withdrawal or do we give it up and deal with the pain that will come?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Other posts beat you to this question. Dont you look 1st?

Mods: Please Remove thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Most presidents open their speech with "The State of the Union is strong....". President Obama conspicuously left that preamble off but did close his remarks with the same words which had a good dramatic effect as a speech. Same wording but in a different order for a different impact (albeit subtle).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
MikeD, you began with, "Now that everyone has heard" but there was a thread last night here, asking if we listened to the sotua, and everyone, including myself here said no. And this is because we all knew it would be "vague" references to stuff like green jobs, a slowly improving economy and "we need to become more competetive" Bbbbbut I "need" to win a gigantic lottery sum, so I can go buy my dream house on a big yard, and a car, which I need.

top topics

join