It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Going Stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by 2manyquestions

There are lots of factors that contribute to the overall decline of intellectual and educational advancement in our society right now, but for my money -- the biggest factor is the endemic anti-intellectualism in our media and social structures. Even on this site, it is not uncommon to read poorly constructed arguments which lack elementary sentence structure, and the usage of proper grammatical forms, never mind logic or clear thinking.

Very true. It puzzles me that I wasn't born in this country, I had to learn English from scratch, yet I am better at spelling or reading than some of those who were born here. It is their native language and I can write or read it better than they can. Very sad. English is the third language I've had to learn. When we arrived in Germany, my parents sat us down and told us "if you don't learn how to say 'I'm hungry' in German, you're not going to eat." Seems harsh, but you know what? I learned 'Ich bin hungrich'.
When we arrived in the U.S. it was a similar scenario. I had to learn English, and I did.

Structurally, I am not sure what to blame. I was raised on heavy metal and punk rock, so I hesitate to blame popular or rap music, text messaging or MTV (we had that too). What I didn't see much of as a child were people who openly declared their own stupidity, and seem to be "proud" of it somehow. I'm sure it existed, of course, but it wasn't celebrated or applauded, let alone institutionalized like it is today.

I don't blame rock music or rap either. You can listen to those things and still remain a rational human being, if your upbringing taught you anything. I've noticed something happening in American society within the last 10 - 15 years, and you've hit the nail on the head. All of a sudden it's cool to be stupid. We have shows like Jackass, we idolize people like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, and we look up to people like Kim Kardashian (who's claim to fame is that she made a sex tape with someone famous). We watch the housewives of - insert city name here - and figure if only we marry somebody rich, maybe we could end up famous too. The goal is no longer to become famous for one's intelligence or academic achievement, but for idiotic actions. The hunger for fame and money, to be watched by millions and creating one's own line of clothing, jewelry or perfumes is the ultimate success. To mingle at parties and go to premiers is the lifestyle du jour. That's who kids have to look up to now. These are our new role models and heroes.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

So are you saying the koreans have better genetics ?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have been dealing with this problem for twenty years as a parent activist. It is never going to change except for the worse because I have concluded the problem lies in two immovable forces.

First, America has been culturally cleansed of anything reflecting a common ideal, goal or values. In reaction to racial and sexual inequality, the elite totally demolished the Amercan cluture. They threw out the baby with the bathwater and it can never be put back together again. We are a people who has been culturally cleansed into competiting tribes of nothingness.

The elite's cartoon tribal cultures and arts (multiculturalism) are politically motivated and hence, meaningless; trite and silly. There is nothing we can do to change that anymore than the last people (Native Indians) targeted for cultural cleansing in this land could do anything about it. Parents can't totally rescue their kids from it's destructive and ignorant influence and some parents are totally powerless against it because they don't know any better.

It is only going to get worse as the last generation dies and the society totally free from all history and wisdom. We are dealing with people on a reservation who used to have a nation but they don't really remember their roots and their roots have been named savage by the invaders. The latest is to cleanse the family from the culture so we can all be gay. First the language - no more husband and wife. No more commitment. No more love and honor. No more moms and dads. No more friends. We are all meaningless, shallow partners now. No more need to marry before reproducing. This promises further and deeper poverty and breakdown of the society.

Then you have the public school system that is fully bought into cleansing the culture in the name of education. It would better be called "re-education." Who cares about science. We are in the gutter in the US. We are subjects of cultural cleansing born of pure hatred and ignorance. Worse, the movers and shakers of it all are our most "educated" citizens (of the world).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
here is the problem in a nutshell

we have a broken society with double standards and broken policies . We have these half ass parents teaching there kids half ass morals , values , education , principals etc . These half ass kids grow up and have there own children. Now you have the half ass kids having more half ass children . and the vicious cycle continues till they get dumber and dumber

We need a licence or a test to see if one should be able to pass there genes on and taint the earth more. Or would that just be social darwinism ? Dammit now i feel like hitler.

License to drive - Check
License to Sell Real Estate - Check
License to Carry a Gun - Check
License to Practice Law - Check
License to Practice Medicine - Check
License to Sell Milk to People - Check
License to etc. - Check

In all cases it may not be called a license per se but there are so many things we do that are regulated, governed, directed, inspected or allowed to do only at the pleasure of the government. Yet…..

License to procreate - nope have at it, young, old, poor, stupid, even the mentally ill… (More on that latter.) The poor and the uneducated procreate more than the educated and financially stable.

I'd wager the licensing of the former things (while important) to protect Americans from each other and undue harm or burden would never equal up to the absurd burden the lack of license to procreate has cost us over the years in pain, suffering (of the innocent children and the taxpayer) and in tax welfare money.

Hmmm, that does sound a little like Nazi eugenics there doesn't it? Here’s where it gets really scary; there is a couple in our area (in their late 50’s) that have custody of not one but two, of their grandchildren who are - get this, the children of their daughter who is literally mentally retarded and her equally mentally retarded “husband”.

Yep they are married and everything – they are being “mainstreamed” I guess. They (the parents) evidently live in some kind of assisted living home in the next county over that the taxpayers probably pay for – the couple in question had their daughter sterilized after the second kid.

Why did they wait till after the second kid? They had to petition the court for the order do it since she is a ward of the state and in the time it took after the first one was born she got pregnant again. Abortion, evidently some religious choice for them?

Those poor grandkids are messed up genetically too, one obviously has downs and the other has a feeding tube, and all sorts of other medical issues.

Guess who pays for their medical care – the taxpayers that’s who; all Medicaide.

Of note is also that the couple in question is in their late 50’s and the grandkids are under both under 5.

Who will take care of these kid’s for the rest of their life – we will, the tax payers.

So while it may seem perhaps Nazi-esque or some Orwellian nightmare state program how long must we (Joe Citizen) suffer the burden of paying for these children and others like them?

Perhaps it’s not a totally bad idea the Chinese have; perhaps a simple age, means and stability threshold for a license for procreation.

What else can we do?

I say If one does not pass income/stability/competency checks - automatic and forced abortion.

This has to be way cheaper than welfare for life for most of these unplanned and unwanted kids.

Perhaps even more humane in the long run; think of all the pain and suffering we'd save the children of the poor and stupid. No living in the ghetto, no hard life, no ending up on drugs and having the cycle repeat itself over and over... That humane intervention along with our saved tax dollars, no WIC, no "head start" (which is like free babysitting basically) no Medicaid births etc... That savings would way more than pay for the mandatory Norplant and/or abortions.

We cannot afford to continue down this road; not only from the standpoint of education but of simply mathmatics...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They've been coddled since a young age and spoon fed information throughout the educational system. They don't know how to problem solve and think for themselves. They've become extremely lazy, take no responsibility for their actions, are disrespectful, vulgar and are very self-centered.

Parents are afraid to discipline their children due to kids threatening them with child abuse. Too many rights have been stripped away from parents. Parents want to be friends with their kids instead of being a parent. I think you can be both, but theirs a line that kids need to know they can't cross over.

The media plays a big part on how our kids see the world. The reality shows are far from reality and kids think this is normal behavior -(thanks MTV). They copy the way they dress (sagging pants, low cut shirts and short skirts). Young girls talk as vulgar as guys, physically fight as much as some guys, and they don't show any kind of class or respect for themselves. A lot of kids have anger problems and I would contribute this to some of these reality programs, intense video games and poor parenting.

Too many children are having babies. Some don't take on the responsibility of having a baby and end up neglecting or abusing their kids. Sometime the parents are as bad as the kids.

I'm not saying all kids are like this, but there are quite a few out there that fit the mold.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

The media plays a big part on how our kids see the world. The reality shows are far from reality and kids think this is normal behavior -(thanks MTV). They copy the way they dress (sagging pants, low cut shirts and short skirts). Young girls talk as vulgar as guys, physically fight as much as some guys, and they don't show any kind of class or respect for themselves. A lot of kids have anger problems and I would contribute this to some of these reality programs, intense video games and poor parenting.

Too many children are having babies. Some don't take on the responsibility of having a baby and end up neglecting or abusing their kids. Sometime the parents are as bad as the kids.

I'm not saying all kids are like this, but there are quite a few out there that fit the mold.

Speaking of MTV and teenage motherhood,.... apparently being a teenage mom may also bring you fame. I present to you "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom". Great shows.
I think the purpose was to scare teenagers straight, but something tells me this will only reinforce the idea that maybe teenage motherhood isn't so bad, and a lot of people do it.

It's all becoming part of the norm. Divorce is running rampant. If your marriage doesn't work out, no worries,. You don't have to be careful choosing whom you marry, because you can always ride down to the courthouse and petition for a divorce. Everyone does it. You're single with a baby but you'd still like to date and party? No problem. Drop your kid off at your mom's or friend's house and go out drinking! Drinking and drugs while underage? No worries, everyone does it. I saw it on TV the other day, and those kids were fine. Mom and dad divorced and bringing their dates to the house? We're living in the 21st century now, don't be so uptight. Have a cigarette with your mom's date. You want to move in with your boyfriend? Sure, he seems like a nice guy. I can't tell you "no", because then you'd be mad at me, and I hate it when we fight. You're 16, you're old enough to know what's good for you. Come over, we'll do our nails together. You're sleeping with your friend but you guys aren't in love, or dating? That's cool, casual sex is the best. No commitment, just using each other. As long as I'm happy, who cares how you feel. I have the right to date, drink, have sex, pursue my passions. So what if I'm your mom? Stop cramping my style! Get your own life.

We're so busy trying not to be "uptight", we've allowed ourselves to become ridiculous. Where do we draw the line??? It is NOT O.K.! It's not good. It's not healthy, and it's destroying us. With mothers and fathers like that, it's a wonder kids even attend school at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Schools have become nothing more than a factory that is designed to produce self-esteem. There is a huge problem with academics and it is a problem that our politically correct country can't stand and that is that people will fail and there will be a separation between those who can do the work and those who can't.

When little Johnny can't master the content in 2nd grade what do they do? They move him up to 3rd grade. 25 years ago he would repeat 2nd grade. He might repeat it a couple of times. The school's business was educating him and to the extent that he could not master the content they had a responsibility to keep him there until he did. They did not care that his buddies were going into 3rd grade and he might feel bad or be labled dumb. You used to flunk out of school for not being able to do the work or having poor attendance. No more. When you have a kid who has failed to master content all the way through school and gets passed up each year, when he gets to high school there is absolutely no way he can do the work so he either drops out or becomes disruptive.

If a kid can not speak English he should not be in a class where they are giving instruction in English and the schools should not spend a dime on teaching him English - thats his parent's job. If they do put him in the class the teacher should make absolutely no accomodation for his lack of fluency in English.

Kids who are developmentally disabled should not be in classes with kids who are not - period. My son has two kids in his class who are completely disruptive due to developmental issues and suck a considerable amount of time from the teacher. There are also kids who have what is called a PEA - "personal education assistant". This is someone who sits with a kid who is not developmentally disabled, but either slow or just an airhead. I have a friend who has two kids, both have PEAs. There is nothing wrong with these kids. The PEA is a full time staff who sits with the kid and helps them organize their pencils, gets them the appropriate books at the appropriate time, things like that. I've had these kids over and they can play the most complicated WII games, yet they have a PEA on the tax payer dime.

Classwork is being designed to create a scenaro where every kid can get partial credit on every problem. 450 + 450 is not 900. It is "over 500" and then 900. The "over 500" is so that the kid can at least get half right. Its set-up like that so that should he get 1 or 2 of the problems completely right he can accurately state that he "got most of them right". If your kid is smart and can do the 450 + 450 in his head and just writes that down he gets the problem half wrong because he did not write down an estimate.

The whole thing is a mess and the teachers know it. Is it the teacher's fault? In 90% of the cases no. Its the administration's fault and societies fault for making the schools social melting pots where true acievement is actually discouraged and failure recognized as acceptable.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Americans aren't stupid! They are self centred and have no interest in whats going on in the rest of the world but lately time and circumstances have caught up with them... The world has now become a more dangerous place and that danger is now seeping across the USA's borders in the form of politics, culture and of course war, and ordinary Americans have neither been schooled in the ideas that theres a whole world out there beside their country, or that other countries are just as important as them on the world scene.
Discovering that the world doesn't stop spinning on Americas say so is difficult to get used to when you've been spoon fed the fact that everything American is the best and cannot be bettered! As the comedian Lewis Black has pointed out, that type of attitude is hateful...
Its not ordinary Americans fault. The fault lies at the feet of those who fed generation of Americans that they are the best and that position will never change..Then came a world wide recession and the emergence of China on the world scene....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
these days americans are just looking to get rich so they can make themselves beautiful and party all the time. look at who is controlling kids, teenagers, young adults trends and habits, its the media, yea you have the people that go out and stress the importance of schools, but for every one of those you have 10, 20, 50, 1000 what ever the number maybe of people coming out and saying how the new look will make you cool, help you fit in. there isnt enough importance put on the sciences because we think oh hey no big deal china got it figured out we'll buy it from them, people forget that we became the leading world power by asserting ourselves and showing that we are the best at what we do and the sooner this country realizes that the sooner we can get back to that, you know having pride in the fact that we are SMARTER than other countries.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ahhh sadly it is true my beloved country is becoming stupid.The fault of parents and educators and politicians.No longer does johnny sit in the corner in a dunce cap to the ridicule of his peers. We wouldn't want to ruin his self esteem.So we will just dumb down the curriculum untill he can remember as little as possible and learn as little as possible,without damaging his self-esteem.No longer does he have to take a course in civics to learn his rights and responsibilities as a citizen.Why what possible good could that do? We wouldn't want him to wake up to the fact that he is losing his rights under the constitution daily.Why what kind of good little prole would that make.Now drink your floride and eat your gmo food and go to the local FEMA camp for your indoctrination.Don't forget to turn in your family and friends to the authorities now johnny.
edit on 1/29/2011 by lonegurkha because: spelling

edit on 1/29/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
While I do not advocate public ridicule as a means to promote and stimulate the minds of our younger generations (i.e. the dunce cap) I do have to agree that we have let our public school system go to hell in a hand basket. I was apalled at a recent news article suggesting that to increase our public school rankings we should decrease the curriculum requirements. Really?
I thought the idea of education was not only to teach, but to teach and then take it a step further into the realm of idea exchange based on what was taught?!!? That's the real measure of intelligence. But without parents who really care about the education their children are receiving and without educators who care enough to push for a reformation in the public school curriculum to challenge the young minds they are charged with trying to educate, we will continue down the road we are on. The day that the latest Kardashian antics are overthrown as the leading care of our young minds and replaced with the imagination that the arts and sciences can produce is the day I, for one, will rejoice.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can I text now? I really need to text now.Maybe I can just text my test answers to the teacher .Can I text the final exam.Wish I could spell english words.What do you mean I can't use my phone in school.........like OMG

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GamesKillFreedom

i agree with what you are saying...

but what is worse being influenced by these celebs and what not that are ultimatly influenced by tptb or people behind the scenes
OR
being influecnced directly by tptb ie actually being a celeb or whatever

does that make sense?
how many choices do we actually have anymore?

i know ive got a lot of choice but average joe doesnt seem to think that he does
how do we get to him before they do?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Can I text now? I really need to text now.Maybe I can just text my test answers to the teacher .Can I text the final exam.Wish I could spell english words.What do you mean I can't use my phone in school.........like OMG

If only they invented phones for kids that would unlock with an equation or question about English or History. Wouldn't that be something?
Now, Johnny, if you want to send a text message to your friend, you'll first have to tell me what 50 x 43 equals. Oh, you want to read the response from your friend? Not before you answer who was the fifth president of the U.S.
You want to play video-games? Sure! Just name five elements and you'll unlock the XBox.

Just for the record, people, this was MY idea first!

edit on 31-1-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think everything that needs to be said is actually in the topic title "America is going stupid".

That should be, "America is getting stupid" or "American has gotten stupid", etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If only they invented phones for kids that would unlock with an equation or question about English or History. Wouldn't that be something?
Now, Johnny, if you want to send a text message to your friend, you'll first have to tell me what 50 x 43 equals. Oh, you want to read the response from your friend? Not before you answer who was the fifth president of the U.S.
You want to play video-games? Sure! Just name five elements and you'll unlock the XBox.

Oh god, if I had to answer trivia questions just to text or make a phonecall I'll revert to snailmail

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColouredFlower
I think everything that needs to be said is actually in the topic title "America is going stupid".

That should be, "America is getting stupid" or "American has gotten stupid", etc.

I know how to properly word that sentence. I didn't, because I chose not to. Thanks for needlessly insulting me instead of commenting on the actual topic.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh god, if I had to answer trivia questions just to text or make a phonecall I'll revert to snailmail

Just think of how smart you would be if you did!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I don't understand how you expect people to defend American education if you yourself can't even be bothered to write correctly. "I chose not to." Then don't complain about the way the education standards seem to be declining.

You are representing America. If you want people to respect our country, give them a reason to.
I'm a dual citizen, sharing nationalities with America and Japan. You can BET that when I go home to visit friends and family that I don't act like those asswads from Jersey Shore, screaming at each other and running around drunk [I'm not saying it doesn't make for great television, it does], but I certainly don't act like it. I'm from a city that doesn't see too many foreigners, and even though I grew up there, I still face prejudice everytime I go back. And you can bet I don't act like a damn fool who crawled out of some barn with no doors and no manners. I am polite, respectful, and that not only makes me look good, it makes my mother look good [whom was whispered about back in the 90's for marrying an American], my grandparents look good [whom were talked about for having a daughter who married an American], and by extention, Americans look good. A lot of people assume because I look American that I'm rude and don't understand a lick of Japanese, and while I may not be 100% fluent, I do what I can to present myself in the best light. The older people who have lived in the neighborhood since I was there know me very well [not by name, but by "Kutsuwada-san's granddaughter"] always make a point to say hello to me and bring over sweets because they know I'm not some American idiot there to pollute their country. Just by being polite and friendly, respectful and curteous, I can change a few people's minds as to whether or not all Americans are ignorant pests. We aren't stupid. And if I can convince one more person, even if it is just in my grandparent's neighborhood , that it's not right to point and assume all Americans are worth less than dirt, then I'm happy for the opportunity.

Back to my original point..

If you know how to speak correctly, then do it. That's the problem right there. How do you expect people to treat you like an intelligent person if you speak or act like you're uneducated? If you're smart, be proud of it. If you know how to use "big" words, then USE THEM.

Don't complain about how bad our education system is, or how bad our sociey's become if you don't do a damn thing to change it. Tomorrow's changes start with you. If you decide you want to help America's bad image, use your words. Use them correctly, learn to be articulate, and change the world. But until then, don't bitch about things you yourself don't seem to actually care about. And by all means, get angry. But direct your anger towards helping the cause, not hurting it.
edit on 8-2-2011 by TheColouredFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I don't understand how you expect people to defend American education if you yourself can't even be bothered to write correctly. "I chose not to." Then don't complain about the way the education standards seem to be declining.

I think you're missing the intentional irony of the title, and you lack a sense of humor. That is why I said I intended to write it the way it appears.

You are representing America. If you want people to respect our country, give them a reason to.
I'm a dual citizen, sharing nationalities with America and Japan.

When you read my original post and my replies to people, did you see me behaving in a shameful manner? What parts of my posts made you feel like I'm making the U.S. look bad? Was it my thread title alone that set you off?
I'm also a dual citizen. I was not born in the U.S. I earned my citizenship some years ago.

You can BET that when I go home to visit friends and family that I don't act like those asswads from Jersey Shore, screaming at each other and running around drunk [I'm not saying it doesn't make for great television, it does], but I certainly don't act like it. I'm from a city that doesn't see too many foreigners, and even though I grew up there, I still face prejudice everytime I go back. And you can bet I don't act like a damn fool who crawled out of some barn with no doors and no manners. I am polite, respectful, and that not only makes me look good, it makes my mother look good [whom was whispered about back in the 90's for marrying an American], my grandparents look good [whom were talked about for having a daughter who married an American], and by extention, Americans look good.

So what? I don't go back to my country of birth and behave like the people on Jersey Shore either. What's your point? You claim to be polite and respectful, but that's not the behavior I'm seeing in this thread. You're attacking me based on the title of this thread instead of contributing something useful. Should I tare you apart on your grammar? Should I point out the fact that one should never start a sentence with the word "And" for example?

A lot of people assume because I look American that I'm rude and don't understand a lick of Japanese, and while I may not be 100% fluent, I do what I can to present myself in the best light. The older people who have lived in the neighborhood since I was there know me very well [not by name, but by "Kutsuwada-san's granddaughter"] always make a point to say hello to me and bring over sweets because they know I'm not some American idiot there to pollute their country. Just by being polite and friendly, respectful and curteous, I can change a few people's minds as to whether or not all Americans are ignorant pests. We aren't stupid. And if I can convince one more person, even if it is just in my grandparent's neighborhood , that it's not right to point and assume all Americans are worth less than dirt, then I'm happy for the opportunity.

If I were to hear the news I posted from any other country I lived in, I would want to bring it to that nation's attention. I love living in the U.S. and I love the people here. I'm well aware that not all Americans are stupid or ignorant. My concern, however, is the level of political correctness and the interference of Unions that continue to dumb down the children of this country. No matter how you look at it, kids in American schools fall behind in many important subjects compared to other countries around the world. We can either address the issue, or go on ignoring it and falsely proclaiming Americans to be the greatest/smartest people on this earth. Notice how many people flagged this news. Not very many. Why would that be? Probably because they don't want to hear it, or they don't believe it, or they believe it's not very important to them.

Back to my original point..

If you know how to speak correctly, then do it. That's the problem right there. How do you expect people to treat you like an intelligent person if you speak or act like you're uneducated? If you're smart, be proud of it. If you know how to use "big" words, then USE THEM.

I'll use whatever words I feel will illustrate my point. Are you implying that I am not intelligent, because I used a title for the purpose of irony,..... something you missed completely? Big words won't always express exactly what you're feeling. Sometimes you have to step outside of what's grammatically appropriate. It's called creative writing. Using words purposefully in a certain way does not make a person stupid.

Don't complain about how bad our education system is, or how bad our sociey's become if you don't do a damn thing to change it. Tomorrow's changes start with you. If you decide you want to help America's bad image, use your words. Use them correctly, learn to be articulate, and change the world. But until then, don't bitch about things you yourself don't seem to actually care about. And by all means, get angry. But direct your anger towards helping the cause, not hurting it.
edit on 8-2-2011 by TheColouredFlower because: (no reason given)

What exactly would you like ME to do about it? Parents have to do something about it. Parents are the ones who choose what school their children attend, and how much homework they do when they get home. Parents control how much TV they watch, and what they eat. They are responsible for their offspring, but more and more of them would like to leave it up to the Government. More of them would like a nanny state. I have the right to bitch about anything I choose to bitch about. My original post is supposed to raise the attention of those who don't realize how behind American children are in education compared to other countries.

I'm not angry, but you certainly sound like you got all worked up over nothing. I'm not a teacher and I don't work with children at this time, but my work will one day have an effect on thousands of children. It will help them enjoy life, learn, and read. Unfortunately my work will have no effect if their parents don't care to provide them with what they need. I can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do. All I can do is hope that somebody takes action before it's too late.
edit on 8-2-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join