It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was arrested for stealing my own car, says Bronx man who is suing NYPD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I was arrested for stealing my own car, says Bronx man who is suing NYPD

w ww.nydailynews.com

"How can the NYPD just confiscate property, lose it, then arrest you for possessing it?" said Prince. "It's totally wrong. I want an apology." Prince's lawyer Neil Wollerstein said a rogue police employee may have improperly used the SUV, leading to its disappearance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
These cops actually stole this guys car and then arrested him when he found it out on the street four months later and took it back.

[FULL STORY COPY-AND-PASTE REMOVED]

w ww.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-1-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That's just awful. This man deserves an explanation and an apology. How could the cops lose the car anyway? And they said it was part of an investigation too, so that would mean they lost evidence. Makes you wonder how many cases go unsolved because of the incompetence of some people.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Stories of what the police do just get stranger by the day..
And their explanations are beyond strange..!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
thats f'ed up. cops abuse their powers way to much. an sometimes people wonder why they get disrespected so much, an sometimes shot or shot at. theres no way to no how the cops that get shot on traffic stops act towards the people they stop. even though no matter what they still dont deserve to get shot. i've been harrassed and searched by police before and its no fun. it was like a random shakedown in prison but on the streets. and we didnt do anything wrong and didnt even get a ticket afterwards. d i c k s. but that story reminds me of one i was told. my stepmothers friend had a boyfriend who was a big pot dealer. they ran his house, took all his weed, and the next day the man went and bought back the same weed from another person. the cops were even discussing/arguing over who's car to put it in. im not sure whether or not the man did time. but to note, this happened in a small town here in indiana. not indianapolis, which is where all my cop problems have been. something needs to be done about these cops. they need to be evaluated and watched. their dash cams shouldnt be able to be shut off, and they should have cameras in the car watching them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

and cops wonder why they are getting shot and killed lately?
People are waking up.......and they're pissed.
If you are a cop or know one I'd strongly suggest getting out while there is still time and join the winning side.
But maybe I'm wrong and the people will fall back asleep.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I don't think they will fall back asleep, but one can only hope more awaken...and soon.

For too long cops and politicians alike have abused their powers blatantly. I am not one to say "ok everyone, hate all police and politicians", but at the same time I have my hatred for them for my own reasons.

With great power comes great responsibility. Too bad these people have been out of line for so long that the tolerance level of the people is minimal.

This story is a prime example of the corruption in the system. Were the police trying to help this man at all to recover his vehicle? No, they probably prejudged him based on his son's actions and flaunted their power as usual.

I hope he gets the million bucks. It goes to a lot worse places than this case here. Maybe this will be an example for cops to look at and realize they could end up dragging their names in the mud and costing us, the taxpayers a hell of a lot of money.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
How on earth can you be arrested for stealing you're own car.It was a careless mistake that was made by them.This person got arrested over nothing in front of his own kids which must of been shocking.This should of never happened at all but, it did and that's what is so horrifying about the incident.If i was arrested over that I would be shocked and mad.I am glad that he is sueing them for the incident and i hope they don't make too many mistakes like this again.

edit on 27-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is why there is a war on cops....

And it will be that way until they realize who they work for....

As NWA said

"# the Police!"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Four words...

ONE MILLION DOLLARS??? WOW!

That's the kind of ridiculous suing that's making it's way into the UK and now is not the time for suing services paid for by the public with our economies as they are.

I do agree totally that the police were bang out of order here though and he does deserve a full apology and some kind of compensation. $1m though, is a joke!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i Hopein court, the judge demands the cops resposnable give him a verbal face to face appology, and jobs terminated. then they wodner why tier might be a war on cops*

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
if the appers in the car prove its his car, owenrship* and their is no police paperwrok involve, such as a ticket, or impounding..then he, the guy with the suv is it? its his end of story. the title of the car is oweenrship..possession is 9/10's of the law. thats the point of having a title with something you won..so you can prove it yours. if someone takes the titel, thats a little different. I have a roomate who lived with some tall macho guy few years ago..guy was an ass**le. stole his money too. the guy, had an unregistered truck outside, but my roomate , went outside one night, unpligged every visible wire form the truck, and took his title and sold it too his scumbag brother( the problem rooamtes own brother)..guy left him alone after that..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Im not at all in favor of cops in general but...

Would it have been so much trouble for the guy to go to the police station, report the car found, and THEN take it? (only 3 blocks away...)

He DID "steal" a confiscated car.

Edit: he couldve sued them afterwards for losing his property i guess?
edit on 27/1/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This isnt incompetance, ...

This is something Dirty ......

How can they claim they lost it , ..... but when it dissapears from near the StationHouse all of the sudden they take Notice and know exactly where to find it ???

Filthy Swine.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by keelan55

The system is working as it should. These "cops" are human beings as are we all. They probably like the same things we like. I'm sure they love to BBQ on the weekends,kick back with a beer,tickle the kids,make love to their wife,etc.

So then why the disconnect?

They have bought into "The Biggest Lie".

They have been trained into an "Us and Them" mentality.

They have beenn trained to check their brains at the door so to speak. If someone does "THIS" then the fine is "THAT"!
PERIOD! They have become mindless drones, drunk on their own sense of power and control.

Much the same way as peadophiles know what buisness to get into if they want to be able to live out their sick fantasies
and never have to account for it, Controll freaks with a low self esteem know who were always picked on as kids and want revenge against the cruel world know what buisness to get into to fulfill their sick fantasies.

Enter stage left, the worn down tired ass arguement that.........."Not ALL cops are bad"!!!!
lol, well sweetheart, not ALL priests are "BAD" either. Not ALL of them molest little boys....RIGHT?
So how good is that going to make you feel when you find out that your little boy has been molested by a priest and there were several other priests who did not participate but knew it was going on and said nothing.

There are laws on the books for Christs sake that make a witness to a murder who doesn't come forward, accountable, sometimes recieving the same sentance that the murderer himself recieves.
Sorry, the "Not all cops are bad" routine doesn't hold any water. They have a responsibility to clean up their own closet and they WILL be held accountable and it WILL be sooner rather than later.

That is not a threat and not a prediction nor prophesy, it is simply an observation. Look around!!!! It's coming. That's why I keep saying everyone needs to choose sides and fast. Know which side you're on and stand firm. It truely has become US vs. THEM. There are way more of US than there are of them

This is a quote from an article I read this morning about the snow storm in the N.E. of the U.S.
It was soooo bad that it took people 12 hrs to get home from work. Some people abandoned their cars because they ran out of gas. What do they get for trying to seek shelter in their time of need??????????????????????

The DC DPW said it will enforce morning rush hour restrictions on Thursday. Motorists may not park on streets designated as rush hour routes between 7 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. The fine for violating the rush hour parking restriction is $100.

It has gotten to the tipping point. As if these people don't have enough problems right now. It's freezing ass cold, they had to abandon their vehicles in he middle of the night and walk home or seek shelter and now??????
A HUNDRED DOLLAR FINE!!!!!!!!!!!
It's coming. I've been saying it for years now.....IT"S COMING!!!! IF you're a cop I would reccomend being extra polite and pretend that the next guy you pull over has just lost his wife and kid in a car accident, has just lost his job, and his dog just got run over by the mailman who was having an affair with his now deceased wife and has a loaded gun in his sweaty hand.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

edit on 27-1-2011 by Screwed because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

"I told them it was a mixup and proved to them I owned the car, but they wouldn't listen," Prince, a Norwood resident, told the Daily News. "My little girls saw me arrested over nothing. It was so painful and humiliating."

This is important.

The cops dont care. It's not their job to care. Its not their job to think.

Their only job is to arrest.

Save your time, save your breath, because if they want to arrest you they will. God himself could come down from the heavens on a neon pegasus and announce your innocence in front of the cops and they'll just arrest god for obstructing justice right along with you.

They dont care. They dont think. They only arrest. Like little kill bots with goofy hats.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The post showing the full story got removed so you'll have to go and read it - sorry. But the story says that when the guy went for his car 4 months earlier the cops told him that it was stolen from them. In other words they knew damn well that one of their own had taken a liking to it and basically told the owner to go blank himself. From what I've read cops steal from people all the time, especially guns.

Now imagine this - What if the cops were using this guys car in some undercover work. Then the guy gets his car back and the next time he goes to start it the car blows up.

How much do you want to bet that every cop at the station knew exactly who was driving that mans car and not a damn one of them will ever tell. They must have known because as soon as the owner took his car back they noticed that immediately and actually had the nerve to go to the owners house and try to steal the car back again.

These cops need to be at least fired and if they took one guys car you can bet that they have other peoples possessions that they have stolen as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The guy knew there was a stolen vehicle report on the truck why didn't he report that he had found it?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If you want to know how extremely messed up the NYPD is read the book Serpico. That was more than three decades ago. Does anybody think it really got better?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Four words...

ONE MILLION DOLLARS??? WOW!

That's the kind of ridiculous suing that's making it's way into the UK and now is not the time for suing services paid for by the public with our economies as they are.

I do agree totally that the police were bang out of order here though and he does deserve a full apology and some kind of compensation. $1m though, is a joke!

Do you understand how checks and balances work? The fact that the city cnn get sued for this amount should cause the city to reign in rogue cops....

If they can't afford it... Then they should behave better... It's s simple as that.

new topics

top topics

join