It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: No higher mental health risk after abortion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Article

LOS ANGELES – Having an abortion does not increase the risk of mental health problems, but having a baby does, one of the largest studies to compare the aftermath of both decisions suggests.

The research by Danish scientists further debunks the notion that terminating a pregnancy can trigger mental illness and shows postpartum depression to be much more of a factor.

Eh, I dont really know what to say about this. I usually stay away from abortion but I just thought I would share this if anyone is interested.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They are trying to encourage abortion as part of the depopulation, they only did a study to try to prove this not to try to prove the opposite. Usual tactic, cheque-book research

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

They are researching it to show that, despite what certain knuckle-draggers might think, it is absolutely fine for women to exercise their reproductive rights.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to choose when I have children?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

What about the rights of the person living in the woman. I believe that accountability is the affects of the "act" is about making a child. I thank my mom everyday for not exercising selfish "rights". Yes I too think it's population control.
edit on 1/30/11 by him777 because: edit

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think this is a good opportunity for me to get a bit personal and drop my objectivity I normally hold.

When I was young, a girl and I were not playing safe. As it may, we were faced with a situation of being pregnant. In all my worldly wisdom at my young age, I convinced her that an abortion was the best path to choose. Not my finest moment.

That was nearly a couple decades ago. Today, her and I are still friends. Recently she lost both her parents within a couple of years. Now, contrary to the trends of many young kids, she was waiting and being diligent on finding her mate in life. Because of that, she wasn't married yet and her parents were never privileged with a grandchild.

Maybe there is no direct correlation in mental health and an abortion, but I can tell you that it leads to remorse by not only the woman that underwent the process, but also the man who was involved in the choice made. That is, when the two people involved are not so separated from reality as I believe we see nowadays in the youth.

As it be, it is a memory that is not tragic enough for my brain to simply whisk away, nor is it a memory that is constantly present. In order to find peace with myself, I had to tell her mother how sorry I was for my poor choice at the ripe age of 18. How I was a coward. How I damaged her daughter.

So tell me, does abortion lead to mental health problems? Maybe, maybe not; but it sure does lead to consequences that just are not worth it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by him777

So, women who are raped don't have the right to abort? Women who are impregnated through incest? Women who are prevented from using birth control for health reasons? Women who simply make a mistake?

It's easy for men to sit back and say "oh, well, she could have just not had sex", since their gender doesn't have any realistic, physical consequences from pregnancy.

new topics

top topics

join