It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 9, 2011 - Beginning of a New Age of Conciousness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Student X

Because awakening is, in part, a psychic function. And psychic ability is influenced by environmental variables, not just psychological and physiological variables. Geomagnetic and sidereal factors make a difference. The Hermetic axiom of 'as above, so below' comes to mind.

What is going to be so special about the geomagnetic field or sidereal factors in 2012?

If they are special, it will be because they will be especially psi-conducive.

The field strength and orientation are expected to be nearly the same as today.

Oh? I would be interested in hearing more. Exactly who expects that, and why? Could you provide me with links to papers by those who have such expectations?

By sidereal I take it you are referring to the fixed positions of the stars. What sort of factors are involved here?

Cosmic factors.

If you are frustrated with my answers and want a little more info, here you go.

deanradin.blogspot.com...

If after grokking all that, you still feel frustrated then may I suggest that you expect too much?

Again I'm trying to find out what makes 2012 special. Nothing I know about makes it a special year other than the end of the long count calendar.

May I give you some advice? Give up the internet and science and trying to figure out stuff and instead devote yourself to the mystical poetry of Rumi. You'll be better off.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tigermoff

Others can and Im just repeating what they have said. Such as Little Grandmother and others you can find on you tube and google videos. Im not trying to convince anyone here. Im just putting down what I understand to be true. As for shoe horning the news, what else am I supposed to use as a point of reference. It is what it is.

You do realize that Kiesha Crowther is a fraud. She is not a native American. She has no native American ancestry. She made up this story about being a shaman. The tribe she claims to be a part of says she is a fraud.

The problem with shoehorning is that you already have a preconceived notion of what you think is happening and all of the events are bent and twisted to fill that predicted outcome. The point of reference is events that have happened. The goal is to make predictions and then see if those predictions come true. Alter the prediction method by the new data and then make new predictions. The shoehorning method works this way. Something is going to happen in 2xxx. This applies to all of the events from 2000, 2003, 2007, and all other chosen dates including 2012. When something is seen in the news the response is always, "oh yeah right on course." It doesn't matter what it is the response is the same. That makes it meaningless.

You will know when your perception changes that the new cycle is here.

How will we know? How can we separate out something that actually happens from a "The New Emperor's Clothes" event. By the latter I mean people walking around claiming an event has happened until the child points out that you are deceiving yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Did you watch the video I posted?

Predictions can be made and then not come true due to free will of every person on the planet. So the most likely scenario is predicted which in fact may only partly come to pass or not at all. So rather than make sweeping general assumptions of which I will be held accountable I will say nothing more about what may or may not happen. I came to my conclusion by watching and reading all the information I could get hold of from the internet.

Can you provide proof of little grandmother being a fake?

Are you aware of a community spread around the world called the Oneness movement? They have a temple and university in India and it is dedicated to awakening the human race before 2012. Have a look at www.worldonenesscommunity.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Can you provide me with any peer reviewed journal articles that show the existence of psi effects from any of these factors?

Oh? I would be interested in hearing more. Exactly who expects that, and why? Could you provide me with links to papers by those who have such expectations?

I will get back to you on that issue. The predictions have to do with studies of the geomagnetic field which has been done with greater scrutiny since the 1910s. The issue has in part to do with studies of the semiannual variation of the field.

May I give you some advice? Give up the internet and science and trying to figure out stuff and instead devote yourself to the mystical poetry of Rumi. You'll be better off.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have no interest in poetry or mysticism, but thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Can you provide me with any peer reviewed journal articles that show the existence of psi effects from any of these factors?

I did, indirectly. The link I gave you would have lead you to a paper that appeared in Journal of Scientific Exploration, which is a peer-reviewed journal.

Here is another link.

www.greyheron1.plus.com...

I will get back to you on that issue. The predictions have to do with studies of the geomagnetic field which has been done with greater scrutiny since the 1910s. The issue has in part to do with studies of the semiannual variation of the field.

Sure, take your time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have no interest in poetry or mysticism, but thanks.

Thats too bad. They can broaden ones horizons, which helps to prevent scientism. Which, by the way, it looks like you might be afflicted with.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Predictions can be made and then not come true due to free will of every person on the planet.

This is a wonderful claim, but no one or group has ever been able to demonstrate this ability. The first time I ran into such a claim was with Carlos Castenada. Friends of mine fell for his chicanery. I was not surprised when he admitted that he made up the entire story. The biggest claim when things do not go as planned in experiments where people want to claim they have some ability to alter reality by thinking is that they claim that the failure must be due to other minds messing with things.

Can you provide proof of little grandmother being a fake?

Kiesha Crowther exposed as fraud

Here's a typical New Age wannabe posing as a Native "shaman." Hundreds or thousands of these people are pretending to be Indians and making false claims to fleece gullible customers. They're like flies: individually insignificant but collectively annoying.

Normally, I wouldn't bother with one New Ager like Kiesha Crowther. But she's noteworthy because activists have been campaigning against her for the last few months on the Internet. They've forced her to back way off her claims of being Native or having Native approval.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
2012 is a hoax

Statement of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation

"The Culture and Elders Committee of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation protect the intangible cultural resources of the tribes including language, songs, stories etc.

No tribal Elders or elders have met with nor do they condone the claims and actions made by Kiesha Crowther.

She is not their 'shaman', she has no right to claim this title and the Elders and elders of CSKT of the Flathead Reservation would like her to cease and desist immediately from making such false claims that erode the traditions that members of the CSKT Culture and Elders Committee are trying to preserve."

The posting of this statement came with the permission and urging of the Salish elders. Anyone doubting this message's authenticity can contact the Flathead Reservation.

comment to a typical Crowther site

A brief search (which everyone should do before believing anything) turned up NAFPS New age Frauds & Plastic Shamans. This group is made up of (actual native Americans) Indians who absolutely claim that Little Grandmother is a Fraud. They explain that their is no such thing as any council that claimed “little grandmother” as a shaman. They say native Americans don’t even use that word. They only teach for free, are very private, and are deeply hurt by all the fakes out there taking money. They say Kiesha Crowther left her husband and children to live this new life- no spiritual woman (as far as I believe) would leave her own children. Sad to see so many decieved.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Interesting. I was only made aware of her presence by a friend last week. I looked at her website and watched a few youtube videos and it all seemed above board. I didnt think to google search her being a fraud, but come to think about it even the most credible mystics are called a fraud by someone on the net. I guess she just got her information from other sources.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I did, indirectly. The link I gave you would have lead you to a paper that appeared in Journal of Scientific Exploration, which is a peer-reviewed journal, had you followed it through.

Indirectly? Hard to follow every link everywhere isn't it. A little easier to provide a direct link.

The SSE is not exactly what I had in mind when I said peer-reviewed. I was looking for a journal with a formal recognition. Every time I look around the internet for comments on the SSE I see a lot of negative comments on its quality. The funny one this time was a comment that it was not the JIR.

I did look around to find out the precision of the SAMNET data. All I could find was the resolution. I am wondering about the values derived from the FFT. Looking at the plotted data, I would think that some of these bands are more noise than anything else.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologistIndirectly? Hard to follow every link everywhere isn't it.

Hard for you, maybe. :p

But I expected you to read the blog post, which would have directed you to the paper. I guess I will need to lower my expectations!

The SSE is not exactly what I had in mind when I said peer-reviewed. I was looking for a journal with a formal recognition.

Formal recognition by whom?

Every time I look around the internet for comments on the SSE I see a lot of negative comments on its quality. The funny one this time was a comment that it was not the JIR.

Everytime? What, you look around for such comments on a regular basis?

I did look around to find out the precision of the SAMNET data. All I could find was the resolution. I am wondering about the values derived from the FFT. Looking at the plotted data, I would think that some of these bands are more noise than anything else.

Then I recommend asking Dean about it on his blog, or sending an e-mail to Adrian.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Formal recognition by whom?

There are peer reviewed journals and there are those that are wanna-be journals. At this time the SSE is a wanna-be journal. I always check the source of the article. I always check the publication and the author. If you don't I'll have to lower my expectations.

As far as the selected article is concerned, I thought there were a number of mathematical issues that were unresolved in the article that make the findings vague at best.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

There are peer reviewed journals and there are those that are wanna-be journals. At this time the SSE is a wanna-be journal.

Could you explain to me exactly why you think the above is not an ad hom?

edit on 1-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I dont think you can ever satisfy a skeptic on matters of a spiritual nature as the answer only comes from intuition.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Did anything happen around march 9th
Which would have dramtically changed the
Worldwide concousness?

Think of how 9/11 changed peoples thouhts,
And what they were now worried about.

People start thinking terrorism.
This was a large change in conciousness.

This date was from a man named Calleman,
And others hve recently brought him into question.

I question if this is verifiable or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Did anything happen around march 9th Which would have dramtically changed the Worldwide concousness? Think of how 9/11 changed peoples thouhts, And what they were now worried about.

Japan Earthquake/Meltdown 3/11 and the resultant radioactive fallout. That's the only thing I can think of.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Did anything happen around march 9th Which would have dramtically changed the Worldwide concousness? Think of how 9/11 changed peoples thouhts, And what they were now worried about.

Japan Earthquake/Meltdown 3/11 and the resultant radioactive fallout. That's the only thing I can think of.

You are right.

I was thinking that the quake was oln the 11th.

According to :
en.m.wikipedia.org...

March 9th, 2011 was the first foreshock befre the 9.0
quake that started the mega disaster.

With the foreshock being a 7.2, this is larger
than most other quakes.

The resulting 9.0 quake was one of the top 5 ever recorded.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
[url=http://www.calleman.com/content/articles/dawn_of_the_unity_wave.htm]http://www.calleman.com/content/articles/dawn_of_the_unity_wave.htm[/url

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lungold and Calleman had very positive views of our journey though time, even including the gaining of spiritual powers.

There is one thing that I worry about : The largest shifts of conciousness come from disasters, or "earth-shattering" news / disclosure.

Short of mass disclosure, I would have to say that a mass tragedy is most likely.
It is tragedies like 9/11 that shift conciousnesses.

Right after 9/11 everyone thought about the same things, everyone viewed themselves as one of a nation, and everyone flew flags and felt more together. But, we viewed a world of terror, and our whole conciousness was pushed to "How can we stop this"

I think a disaster in which we all say "Oh crap,we're all in this together, tho." is likely.

Considering that topics concerning the Mayan Calendar are
usually difficult to critque, to tell if its true or not;

This March 9th date seems spot on.
The tsunami was a huge change of conciousness.

This gains credence to Calleman and therefore Lungold

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here are some other interesting things which happened
On March 9th, 2011.

Info from:
www.maplandia.com...

--------------------------------

On this day, we were debating the no-fly zone in Libya.
As the president is pushing for the nofly zone,
it is argued that it needs to be a UN decision.

It was during these no fly talks, where I realized
that the nofly zone was a military maneuver,
and it was fancy jargon / rhetoric to get us into war.

War and agression makes huge conciousness shifts,
especially when people start realizing how wrong it is. (we are)

According to :
www.bbc.co.uk...
Gaddaffi says Libya will figt the no fly zone, on the 9th also.

-----------------------------

March 10th there was a "monsoonal trough" that
Created mass flooding in Australia.

To be fair, the aussies were having flooding poblems
Since december 2010, but this march 10th storm
made it significantly worse.

According to :
www.abc.net.au...

One large part of the storm was on March 9th.

--------------------------

One million dead sardines wash up in Redondo Beach
www.bbc.co.uk...

---------------------------

At least 80 injured when Yemen Forces open fire
on a protest
www.bbc.co.uk...

----------------------------

Japan gets a new foreign minister
www.bbc.co.uk...

Not a change in conciousness, but an odd
coincidence that he starts new job on quake start.

What a way to start your new job

--------------------

Tunisia dissolves President Ali's party
www.bbc.co.uk...

---------------------

13 dead and 140 injured in Muslim/Christian clash in cairo.
www.bbc.co.uk...

--------------------------

At least 30 dead in taliban's attack in Pakistan
www.bbc.co.uk...

Morocco King pledges comprehensive constitutional reform
www.bbc.co.uk...

Perhaps all of these are unrelated....
But, war and tragedies on the same day?

Coincidence, I think not.

Are you still calling hoax?
On what grounds?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Let''s see. Does it apply to an individual? No. Therefore, not what you suggest.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

An answer from solely intuition is a an answer than the speaker cannot understand or explain. That's ok. Many people are unable to explain perfectly good reasoning. Then again m,any people say unreasonable things and pretend that it is intuition.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Is this just shoehorning. It sounds like
an appeal to shoehorn. Aren't you
asking for people to shoehorn?

I say yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join