It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska: Virgin Mary Icon Crying Blood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Russian Orthodox icon apparently shed tears of blood during Slaaviq, a weeklong Christmas celebration.

A Russian Orthodox icon reportedly shed tears of blood during Slaaviq, a weeklong Christmas celebration, in an Alaska village on the Yukon River.
Carol Stephanoff, a resident of Russian Mission, Alaska, captured the photo of a Virgin Mary icon reportedly crying bloody tears in the home of another resident, Michael Askoak.

The homeowner said he noticed the paper icon first began to stream tears of blood years ago and kept the icon in hiding.

More recently, Askoak said he noticed the red marks started to get longer and longer, creating a buzz in the small village.

He said there is no blood coming from behind the paper and that Russian Orthodox priests are examining the icon.

Link to full Story plus PICTURE:

www.ktva.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nice find, I would like to hear more information about this if it can be found.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

What I want to know, is how these stories even SURFACE before this `blood`is examined and tested to be determined what the `substance` indeed actually IS.

Have there not been cases similar to this in the past?

What was their result? (I do not know, and I am curious)

I am not religious, but I am open minded... I believe all "religions" have truths within them... while most follow the lies.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
More demonic tricks to uphold the Mary goddess worship idolatry. Why did the catholic church alter their Bible to remove the 2nd commandment which reads:

Exodus 20:4-6 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my Commandments

The catholic Bible conveniently omits this so they can continue their worship of Astarte, whom they call Mary. Astarte by the way was called "Queen of Heaven". Sound familiar? Look up Queen of Heaven in the Bible and you will find references to Astarte or Ishtar worship. Such practices were condemned.

Jesus says to those caught up in Babylon to come out of her before you share in her judgments. Make no mistake the catholic church is the whore of Babylon and the queen of latter day false religions such as Islam.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Even if that is blood on that painting - WHO says it isn't chicken blood or something someone painted on there to hoax everyone?

This crying blood stuff is so preposterous.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
More demonic tricks to uphold the Mary goddess worship idolatry. Why did the catholic church alter their Bible to remove the 2nd commandment which reads:

Exodus 20:4-6 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my Commandments

The catholic Bible conveniently omits this so they can continue their worship of Astarte, whom they call Mary. Astarte by the way was called "Queen of Heaven". Sound familiar? Look up Queen of Heaven in the Bible and you will find references to Astarte or Ishtar worship. Such practices were condemned.

Jesus says to those caught up in Babylon to come out of her before you share in her judgments. Make no mistake the catholic church is the whore of Babylon and the queen of latter day false religions such as Islam.
Mariology is very different in Orthodoxy than it is in Roman Catholicism, it's not quite as Babylonian, but still something to be concerned of.

I wonder if anyone has considered if these Mary Icons and statues are crying blood because their images are drawing worship away from the one God.

Or perhaps these icons are worth veneration? The idols of the Bible are described as having mouths but do not speak, eyes that do not see, and ears that do not hear prayers. If these icons bleed then perhaps there is spirit behind them and they are not empty idols.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

I understand that the Orthodox church is not as over the top with its pagan idolatry, but this sort of thing still fits the bill IMHO. As for their being a spirit behind it, I believe this could well be the case, for the apostle Paul claims that there are demons behind pagan idols.

In fact as a general rule, just as God inhabits the praise of his people, demons inhabit our sins.

“But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.” (Psalm 22:3)

Thus there are demons behind the idol worship. That's what makes these practices so insidious.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Over the years Ive read about some of theses statues and paintings crying blood and i find it all very interesting ..but i wonder why we never hear about what is causing it in a scientific level..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

top topics

join