It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36 Million working age people have HIV.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In a report released Sunday by the International Labor Organization in Geneva, 36.5 million people of working age now have HIV and by next year the global work force will have lost as many as 28 million workers to Aids.

According to this first global analysis of the impact of AIDS on the worlds work force it is estimate by 1215 it will increase to 74 Million. Africa Latin America and the Caribbean are most affected.You can read this article @healthcentral.com....

Why is there so little attention paid to this crisis? Is the world governments attitude that this is population control? Even in the United States there is not enough attention be paid to this crisis AIDS is causing outright genocide is certain African countries but no one pays attention!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yea I see the problem as a religious one.. much relief work that goes on in those countiries are done by CHURCHES. People who do not believe in safe sex.. because that would require a condom.. which would make sex recreational.. which they don't like the idea of.

They require more government driven AID by non third world countries.. the problem is we're all broke and can't even take care of our own needy and homeless.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I found a really sad story about aids....and the medicines they are using to treat it....

ORPHANS ON TRIAL
Abandoned kids are force-fed experimental AIDS drugs at a Catholic children's home in Washington Heights. And the city wants it that way
www.nypress.com...&columns/LiamScheff.cfm

this site I beleive is into natural healing, so they might be a bit biased...but....would love to know just how much of it is true....if not all of it..
it's sickening!!

new topics

join