It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

"We are working as quickly and as thoroughly as possible to resolve a serious concern within the Test Area. As you know measures like these (lock down of our gates) are not taken lightly. No one is in immediate danger but these steps are required. Please be tolerate and know as soon as I can open the gates and allow free flowing traffic I will. Until then we are working to have food and beverages brought to DITTO diner for those west of ACP2 and for those east and within EV the club and subway have remained open as are our other support services

the latest

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Heard about this a little while ago, just made an account so I could talk on here.. I actually live in Tooele City and strange happenings surrounding Dugway aren't uncommon, however the whole 'Lockdown' has a lot of people around here curious and nervous all at the same time. My family and myself included know a few of the people that go out and work there.. Maybe if I hear anything through the grapevine i'll pass it along. Thanks a bunch everyone so far for the updates.. Hope it isn't some sort of creepy zombie outbreak. xD My dad was telling me he would imagine something, such as chemicals gone missing (taken/stolen), they would go into a lockdown.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

perhaps someones been making threats look what I found

www.abc4.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

Do you even realize what they make at dugway? Chemical and biological weapons.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Now that is some coincidence huh? Strange to say the least.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Chemtrail plane crashed.

Not really. Just the conspiracy theorist in me. Except I don't even believe that.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

awesome find!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like they carried out that threat

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by matrix12

perhaps someones been making threats look what I found

www.abc4.com...

That story is from 2008? Not sure how it could be relevant...

Unless I am mis-reading the by-line.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Who out there knows where to find a real-time map of wind direction for that area. I've spent the last few minutes searching Google, but can't seem to find anything detailed.

It might me a good idea to check the wind direction. Know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

whoops, it came up under today's news search for dugway lockdown..

link   
reply to post by Montana

Good eyes didn't even see it buried in there under the picture!!!

link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Who out there knows where to find a real-time map of wind direction for that area. I've spent the last few minutes searching Google, but can't seem to find anything detailed.

It might me a good idea to check the wind direction. Know what I mean?

Wind is stagnant. Will be tomorrow as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
they say twitter reports say hazmat has been dispatched www.ar15.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Excellent. Time to go to bed then. Exhausted from a full day of ATS. If something dreadfull happens in the middle of the night and I miss out I have no-one to blame but myself.

-PS

Damn the MSM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well, I am heading for bed. I fully expect to wake up in the morning and hear of an 'accidental' nuclear weapon 'discharge' at the Dugway Proving Grounds. Makes everything squeaky clean, and hides the evidence.

How handy!

Night, all. Pleasant...... dreams????

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

To keep you updated, as of now my daughter is still locked down with the rest of them. We were talking on gchat for awhile and I'm hoping she just left to get something to eat. She said she is about 30 yards away from the bio/chem building, and can see activity that indicates it is the area of concern. She did tell me that "someone" she is stranded with claims to have spoken with another "someone" in the bio/chem building and that they told her what the operational problem is, but until I know for certain it is just rumor. My husband is a retired Colonel, and in 30 years of service I have never been so concerned. I don't believe this is a drill.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm about to head to bed as well. Get your gas masks out for tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Isn't the Sundance Film Festival going on right now in that area? That would mean quite a few people out there.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
www.godlikeproductions.com...

the date on this link is 7 days ago and a reported leak that killed someone.... hold on......

this is getting fishier

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So a P4 facility is in fact a BIOLOGICAL LABORATORY LEVEL 4... which is not listed on Wiki, but Dugway has.

Biosafety Level 4

This level is required for work with dangerous and exotic agents that pose a high individual risk of aerosol-transmitted laboratory infections, agents which cause severe to fatal disease in humans for which vaccines or other treatments are not available, such as Bolivian and Argentine hemorrhagic fevers, Marburg virus, Ebola virus, Lassa fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, Smallpox, and other various hemorrhagic diseases. When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a Hazmat suit and a self-contained oxygen supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a Level Four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard. Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a biosafety level 4 (or P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.

Agents with a close or identical antigenic relationship to Biosafety Level 4 agents are handled at this level until sufficient data is obtained either to confirm continued work at this level, or to work with them at a lower level.

Members of the laboratory staff have specific and thorough training in handling extremely hazardous infectious agents and they understand the primary and secondary containment functions of the standard and special practices, the containment equipment, and the laboratory design characteristics. They are supervised by qualified scientists who are trained and experienced in working with these agents. Access to the laboratory is strictly controlled by the laboratory director.

The facility is either in a separate building or in a controlled area within a building, which is completely isolated from all other areas of the building. A specific facility operations manual is prepared or adopted. Building protocols for preventing contamination often use negatively pressurized facilities, which, if compromised, would severely inhibit the containment of an outbreak of aerosol pathogens.

Within work areas of the facility, all activities are confined to Class III biological safety cabinets, or Class II biological safety cabinets used with one-piece positive pressure personnel suits ventilated by a life support system.

If they had a release of Level 4 virus, I hope they nuke the area.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join